Summit Indoor MX Round 1

Lol. When you said wall jump after the finish line I thought you were referring to the guy that "jumped the wall" and missed my sons head by about 2 inches ripping his bike from my hands. I hope he was ok. And I'm happy he missed us. Scary stuff for sure.
Ouch...that would quite literally be a wall jump. That whole situation could have been worse. That's where my faith kicks in for me. But the man got up under his own power after about 5 minutes. Folks didn't like not being able to stand on the ramp, but they understood; which we appreciate.
I wasn't 100% comfortable going to far out on the track as a photographer. I don't like it when I have to worry about bikes/atv's coming from multiple directions. I ALWAYS have my head on a swivel when out on the track.
I am not 100% comfortable being out there...the dangers of indoors because of the tight racing is elevated exponentially as opposed to an outdoor track where you have room to move. This is also one of the things we try bring up in the rider's meeting at this event because of the nature of being indoor. The risks and practical factors are different.

Having your head on a swivel is right. I have also learned over the years to listen to the noises around you to understand where riders are, and having a understanding of the track layout and rider speeds to help predict who is coming and when. Also that dodging a bike going off the track is sometimes not the best idea...meaning to trust the rider to swerve around you instead of playing chicken.

If you come out next race, I would be glad to give you some pointers on where to stand and what to look for. Or ask Rich from mxfreakspix, he has become very well adjusted to the indoors and being upclose and personal to riders in a variety of circumstances.

Ouch...that would quite literally be a wall jump. That whole situation could have been worse. That's where my faith kicks in for me. But the man got up under his own power after about 5 minutes. Folks didn't like not being able to stand on the ramp, but they understood; which we appreciate.

I am not 100% comfortable being out there...the dangers of indoors because of the tight racing is elevated exponentially as opposed to an outdoor track where you have room to move. This is also one of the things we try bring up in the rider's meeting at this event because of the nature of being indoor. The risks and practical factors are different.

Having your head on a swivel is right. I have also learned over the years to listen to the noises around you to understand where riders are, and having a understanding of the track layout and rider speeds to help predict who is coming and when. Also that dodging a bike going off the track is sometimes not the best idea...meaning to trust the rider to swerve around you instead of playing chicken.

If you come out next race, I would be glad to give you some pointers on where to stand and what to look for. Or ask Rich from mxfreakspix, he has become very well adjusted to the indoors and being upclose and personal to riders in a variety of circumstances.

Yes, I'll be at the next race for sure! I noticed mxfreakspix there as well, he seemed comfortable for sure lol. I'll shoot you a message.

Back