2016 Race Calendar - Where is the 2016 AMA Vintage schedule?

That's the main place I go to practice. Lonnie really did a great job addressing my one issue with the track - rocks! That was an issue in 14 but he bought more equipment to include a rock hound. That dirt really has improved. The reason it works so well for us is while he does have a few large jumps they aren't steep and peaky on both sides - every one has an option where you can still hit it and land comfortably and all are fun. Would also be a great track for someone newer to the sport.

I'm contemplating getting a vintage bike so I can support these places on Saturday..... You just may see me on a roached one at the first race to see if I like it. Got a bit of a time problem right now and I can not do a build. Of course I have a line on the candidate........

I'm sure all of us CL trollers know about the 74 YZ's up in Canton. I emailed that guy within 2 hours of them posting praying the moto gods were looking down on me and if the right number came back I would been in the car. This was about 2 weeks ago and it was $5K on silver and $4K on the yellow. I could tell he was the real deal, emailed me back in 15 minutes - his name is George. Those numbers for that bike are not crazy and I didn't even try to negotiate because child #2 heads to college in the fall and 16/17 is my one year of overlap having 2 at the same time. You always hope people don't know exactly what they have and we have all seen it happen-not so on these. Also - on the silver one he does have the original airbox, a 431 carb, and it has PVL ignition. I'm actually quite surprised they are still there.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/5391863674.html

I rebuilt one back in 99, found it in the back of a truck at Casey, Ill in may of that year, I bought it for 400 bucks. Won Honda Hills national on it a few months later. Bike ripped !

Attachments

• 1974 YZ250.jpg
    1974 YZ250.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 160
You won't get that lucky again! or maybe you will. I saw one on CL in Ventura, CA like 2 years ago posted at like 0030 PST when I woke up one Saturday morning at 0700 EST for $1000. Leaned up against a washing machine in a basement and looked original-I think it said "old yamaha dirtbike" or the like. I was on it hard-never got a response until - "sold" at sometime around 1100 EST. Saturday mornings are always fun for the CL search because you have some time................ I have friends in CA I would have begged to chase this YZ but I will drive if close enough!

Back