Round 2 at Petco Park in San Diego, Calif.

Oh Scoob. Have Mommy hold the tissue so you can blow your nose. Wipe the tears from your eyes and pull on your big boy pants. You are the yin to my yang. The single to my triple. The Frieze to my Peick. It will be ok. I love your posts. Makes mine look that much better
Oh and my correctness was confirmed by me snoring by lap 4. Boring race and you have to admit it

Sounds good. I'm moving on. Nothing here. You watching A2?

Guy on Vital at the races posted this photo after the heats started. Said that A1 an SD are only 90 miles apart and back to A2 next week. I don't get the logic of having that many races that close together on consecutive weeks. 90 miles seem to be the same fan base to me.

View attachment 50951
Coming from the guy that bitches about racing one weekend on the east. Next weekend in the west. Then back to the east. Privateers can't afford it. First three rounds of west coast is probably the cheapest travel costs the privateer will ever incur in dirtbike motorsports.

Coming from the guy that bitches about racing one weekend on the east. Next weekend in the west. Then back to the east. Privateers can't afford it. First three rounds of west coast is probably the cheapest travel costs the privateer will ever incur in dirtbike motorsports.

True. but that goes to the bigger problem. The privateers should be making MUCH more money for competing In a major US Motor sports event. Honestly, the guys just making the night show can make more money hitting big money pro am races and not have the cost associated with SX and MX. But what would happen if all the privateers did that? Then Feld would have no one to fill the gates in the heats.

But when there are that many seats makes you wonder. But feld does not care, they use that same dirt for a month for many different events. so it saves them money actually.

Only thing I liked about that track was the big sweeper ; like seeing guys like Reed and Dungey ( etc. ) hang it out . There were actually some passes through there . I won't go into my tirade of how great the tracks were back=in=the=day with water holes , sand pits , over/unders , going up into the stands and jumping back down , rough "non-rhythm " sections that not everybody could fly through , and so on . Wait , I guess that was my tirade . Cooper Webb made passing look easy ( kinda RV-ish ) and the interview chick made mention of that .

John I used to wave the pompoms and cheer for more pay for the privateers.

But it's not our responsibility. It's theirs. They need to demand it.

Maybe because the majority of pros are young and don't realize the power they could have if they bargained. They all wanna chase a dream. A broke dream. But jeez. I don't know where the alessi get their money. But they've raced every weekend since I met the kid on the gate at age 5. I gotta figure jeff and Mike won't have any skills except to work for moto concepts putting up the hot top semi tent and placing the toolboxes out for the next batch of riders. Entering the job market at 30 is gonna suck for them.

RV retired at 30. 1 guy. That's how you do it. Most of these pros will be retiring to community college or pounding a hammer (nothing wrong with pounding a hammer) but they're gonna need to figure out a skill set fast.

Riders should atleast demand feld set aside an endowment fund that will pay for some trade training at least and a 4 year bachelor degree at most. But they gotta demand it. Otherwise don't let the overhead door hit you in the rear fender on your way outta the arena!

John I used to wave the pompoms and cheer for more pay for the privateers.

But it's not our responsibility. It's theirs. They need to demand it.

Maybe because the majority of pros are young and don't realize the power they could have if they bargained. They all wanna chase a dream. A broke dream. But jeez. I don't know where the alessi get their money. But they've raced every weekend since I met the kid on the gate at age 5. I gotta figure jeff and Mike won't have any skills except to work for moto concepts putting up the hot top semi tent and placing the toolboxes out for the next batch of riders. Entering the job market at 30 is gonna suck for them.

RV retired at 30. 1 guy. That's how you do it. Most of these pros will be retiring to community college or pounding a hammer (nothing wrong with pounding a hammer) but they're gonna need to figure out a skill set fast.

Riders should atleast demand feld set aside an endowment fund that will pay for some trade training at least and a 4 year bachelor degree at most. But they gotta demand it. Otherwise don't let the overhead door hit you in the rear fender on your way outta the arena!
A broke dream?

No money in it. There isn't a league minimum or moto minimum for being able to provide entertainment to the masses....

RV retired at 27. My bad. I guess I figure the retirement age in moto averages to be around 30. Unless your larocco, windham or reed...

Guy on Vital at the races posted this photo after the heats started. Said that A1 an SD are only 90 miles apart and back to A2 next week. I don't get the logic of having that many races that close together on consecutive weeks. 90 miles seem to be the same fan base to me.

View attachment 50951

Sorry for digging up old bones but i just got to watch heat races last night. Ralph said it was a sold out event... wtf? Does a sponsor pay for the extra seats that arent bought?

Back