2016 Supercross Stacked Field?

MW850

PR Member
Stacked field after two rounds RD5 looks to be on cruise control, I'm not a RD fan but he had to be happiest guy in SD with Reed in second,nothing against Reed but he's not going to chase down #5. So the question is how many people will win a sx this year?

cr22 was 1.8 sec off the lead at the finish. Thats not a very big gap after 20 laps. Pretty sure reed was running the pace. I didnt think reed would have the speed to win a a race this year, but after last nights ride theres no doubt he still has something left.

cr22 was 1.8 sec off the lead at the finish. Thats not a very big gap after 20 laps. Pretty sure reed was running the pace. I didnt think reed would have the speed to win a a race this year, but after last nights ride theres no doubt he still has something left.
I agree. If everyone can stay healthy, well the remaining riders, it should be a good season. Dungey will have a race off the podium. He is far from being in cruise control... Running very well this far I agree.

I am not sure about that. Dungey went down at A1 and still came back to 2nd. I am not sure how many others in that field do that, with the exception of Webb in the 250s. Dungey, working with Baker, as they said last night is getting that killer instinct. I would not be surprised to see Dungey on the podium at all 17 rounds. They said last night that was 14 straight races for Dungey in 1st or 2nd place. That's impressive!

As for Reed....he has the speed for sure. And I think he has the bike finally to get him consistent good starts.

I can't believe how surprised everyone is with reeds performance. The guy has more experience than anyone out there this season. I think that is a huge part of why he finished as well as he did. Signing the contract late didn't mean squat. He was training on that bike for months. I personally don't really know if bike choice is that relevant when you are on that level. They aren't riding stock bikes the last time I checked..

The Yamahas aND ktms sure seem the strongest off the gate.

It seems that way to me as well.

It does look like bike brands are making a difference that I haven't noticed as much in the past - not just at the factory team level but deeper into the privateer field in both classes. The KTMs, Husqvarnas, and Yamahas appear to have a real advantage.

And those little kids. I don't know why but they all pick orange bikes.

Can't believe no one (especially knox) has mentioned how well Millsaps, or Brayton has been looking on the pumpkin. I didn't really expect those guys to be battling with Roxcen, Tomac, Wilson etc...

Personally i think this is the best start to any season we've had a while.

I think we will see several different faces on the top of the box this season. Other then Dungey and Anderson, it sure looks like Reed will be up there as well. Millsaps, Brayton, Stewart, Canard, Tomac, Marvin, Peick, and Seely could all win this year. Maybe even another flash of brilliance from Pourcel.

So much for the "stacked field". Week 3 and you already have average A riders (at best) making the 459 main. Really, laser boy makes the main? Dude got DISTROYED at Chilitown. Maybe I should make a comeback??? If anyone says the riders are better now then 20 years ago... You are not watching the same sport I am.
I would bet my house McGrath could still run top 15 in these weak ass fields

So much for the "stacked field". Week 3 and you already have average A riders (at best) making the 459 main. Really, laser boy makes the main? Dude got DISTROYED at Chilitown. Maybe I should make a comeback??? If anyone says the riders are better now then 20 years ago... You are not watching the same sport I am.
I would bet my house McGrath could still run top 15 in these weak ass fields
Ck get a bike,I got a box van,let's go !!!

Is it me or does this racing suck? Basically follow the leader. 6 races in dungy already up 26,he may not have to ride last 2 races!

Dungey is just way ahead of the rest with the whole package. Bike, training, skills. His record over the last 25 races is incredible.

Back