KX450F or YZ450

I've ridden a 06 KX450F for several years and loved that tank-like feeling over my son's mountain-bike-like 2011 KX250F ;) I've decided to update but don't want to drop the $ on a brand new bike unless it's a left over 2015 and don't want to go any older than a 2014. I think I've narrowed it down to a '14-'15 KX450F or a '14-'15 YZ450F. I think I'd prefer to stay green as I have a bunch of aftermarket parts I can drop on but I'm a bit concerned with the air forks (a buddy of mine has a 13 KX and has had nothing but problems with his). I've never been on a YZ but I think I'd feel more comfortable with the reliability and maintenance of the "antiquated" forks. Anyone have any experience with both bikes they'd like to share?

Thought I'd share. I ended up making the switch to blue for the new TR Creative "company" bike. Todd from Rick Roush Motor Sports found me a decent deal on a left over 2015 and even delivered it to my door. The guys at Dcor visuals helped me get set up with graphics/seat, Cycra took care of me with the plastics (slimmer shrouds are MUCH better), Works Connection with the levers/guards/other parts that won't make me any faster, and Wiseco for some other parts. Now all I have to do is find some time to get her dirty.

Thanks for all the input in the previous posts.

Attachments

• IMG_4690.JPG
    IMG_4690.JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 164
Back