New off road series announced... EROC

trevor145

PR Addict
In response to the off road racing community in our region, and it's desire for a better harescramble and a GP type race series;
We would like to introduce the EROC Series.
EROC logo.jpeg

We have have brought four tracks together for a short but sweet series that will boast a national caliber event here at our local facilities.
Coming together are Crow Canyon, Beans Bike Park, Western Reserve MC and Pine Lake with the support of Moose Racing, KTM and other TBA sponsors.
A very unique opportunity has come before us and the tracks mentioned have capitalized on it.
We are bringing a harescramble and MotoXcountry series that WILL have;
Transponder scoring for HS.
A uniform race day structure.
National sponsors and advertising.
Rider contingency.
Promoters that are working as one.
Challenging courses.
Industry support.

We hope some of the mx community hit a harescramble or a round or two of our MXC races this season.
There are many riders in this region and they deserve the best tracks and promotion possible.
So, that's what we are going to produce! Join us in 2016 for The EROC Series.
www.erocseries.com
or find us and "like" us on facebook for updates and current news about upcoming events.

So is a MXC race like a GP? What exactly is it?

It is similar, only with more riders and an even cooler course.
You could call it a rebranding. With all of the cool off road events taking place lately we are trying to take the best parts of many different disciplines and combine them for a race that will be so fun that the riders will have to make it a "must do" event.
And it will be a short series! Finally. With some industry support as well.
So, hopefully we can show the MX world how fun these events are and stir up some support for them.
If any of you have ever had a good time riding a GP please keep this thread alive by letting everyone know.
What are some of the best moments you've ever had on the track???
Any suggestions for creating an awesome event are welcome as well. We have a few things in mind to elevate our game. So be ready to bring yours!
Go!

For me the absolute funnest events are the GP races where the course is a really good 50/50 mix of all out fully prepped MX track and nice woods sections. My favorite GP races were where the MX track portions were split up by woods sections. And the MX portions were run in the direction intended so you could do the big jumps and rail corners. And I enjoy tight woods riding but not really single track. I think to draw the MX crowd though you might want the woods sections more open like Action sports.

Beans rd GP was probably one of my favorite all time but his woods were tighter than some MXers might like. TVland is a blast, COCR was great, Action sports, Crow Canyon, Fast Traxx all were really fun GP events. As much as it pains me to say it, Briarcliff was top notch too. It would have been PERFECT had the MX portions ran as the track is meant to run and more of it.

I honestly dont understand why the northern part of Ohio doesnt have the GP style race following like the southern half. You get lots of seat time, the course is usually more MX style and you can race two sessions and be away from home for half a day.

For me the absolute funnest events are the GP races where the course is a really good 50/50 mix of all out fully prepped MX track and nice woods sections. My favorite GP races were where the MX track portions were split up by woods sections. And the MX portions were run in the direction intended so you could do the big jumps and rail corners. And I enjoy tight woods riding but not really single track. I think to draw the MX crowd though you might want the woods sections more open like Action sports.

Beans rd GP was probably one of my favorite all time but his woods were tighter than some MXers might like. TVland is a blast, COCR was great, Action sports, Crow Canyon, Fast Traxx all were really fun GP events. As much as it pains me to say it, Briarcliff was top notch too. It would have been PERFECT had the MX portions ran as the track is meant to run and more of it.

I honestly dont understand why the northern part of Ohio doesnt have the GP style race following like the southern half. You get lots of seat time, the course is usually more MX style and you can race two sessions and be away from home for half a day.

They have tried and no one shows up.

What is jday style?

- 2 - 30 Minute Motos
- Various Terrain, 1-3 miles long, usually about 25% motocross/grass track, 60% open woods (bobcat width, groomed), and 15% "Extreme" section. The "extreme" section can be anything from an endurocross type of section to a huge wide open hill. The great thing that they do is that they always have a way around the extreme section for the people that don't feel comfortable with that stuff and it is usually only a few seconds slower and won't beat you up.
- They also do their best to make it spectator friendly. The extreme section is always right near the pits so that people don't need to walk a mile in the woods to see good racing.
- The schedule would obviously depend on turnout.

Basically everything I listed there are things that Trevor does at his GP. However, the best thing they do over at JDay is promote the heck out of that series. They give updates throughout the week before the event with pictures of the track build. This usually includes photos of groomed trails so that the motocrossers don't get scared. Also, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, they post a GoPro preview of the entire course on Friday. This gives the riders an idea of the type of course it will be, as well as the layout. What all of those things show me is that they care about the product they put out there and they care about the riders. It's cool to see that they work on the track through the week instead of just throwing it together on Friday night or Saturday morning. Those things get people excited early in the week and get them to make plans to go racing. I drove from Ohio to race one of those events, if that gives you an idea of how good they are.

Check out their facebook page or website to get an idea of what they are all about. In my opinion, that's what the offroad community needs in Ohio. If that picture doesn't get you excited to ride, you don't have a pulse.

12036437_10153518454936154_8779212121156601843_n.jpg

11407039_10153305047611154_197780272424915892_n.jpg

You know, I really think this summer is going to be my 144 gp, and 96 cr250 race year. I keep telling myself go get a 250f in March and race....but those jday pics get me excited to ride. If this ERoc series pulls like that, that's where I'll be having fun this year.

Again, what is JDay? They must not be promoting as well as you think because I've never heard of it...

Nevermind....they are in New England area that's why I never heard of it before.

Again, what is JDay? They must not be promoting as well as you think because I've never heard of it...

Nevermind....they are in New England area that's why I never heard of it before.

I could have been more explicit. It's not like they are the GNCC's, National MX, or National Enduro, but they do well at what they do in their area. I just think that they would be a good group to learn from.

Back