Headed South for Some Epic Moto? Check out this New Video of Monster Mountain!

TomB

PR Member
Headed South for Some Epic Moto? Check out this New Video of Monster Mountain!

It’s that time of the year. Time for all our friends from up north to drop by Monster Mountain for some epic motocross!

Over the last six winters we’ve made tons of new friends from all over the U.S. and Canada. When February and March roll around many of our old friends from up north, plus a good number riders new to Monster Mountain head our way to get in some laps on the track that was a landslide winner of the Motoplayground “Best Track in Alabama” voting for 2015.

We’ve made tons of changes over the last two years. Watch this hi-definition aerial drone footage from our October 31st, 2015 Top Kid Showcase/Monster Vet Challenge.

We’re open 7 days a week until April 1st 2015.

We do full prep on the main track Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday we do partial prep. (Everything gets watered, jumps refaced as necessary, and sections without good lines get retiled)

And we offer monthly VIP packages for those wanting to stay down south and train:

1 Rider + 1 RV + all riding for 1 month = $800

2 Riders + 1 RV + all riding for 1 month = $1000

3 riders + 1 RV + all riding for 1 month = $1200

That means if you come with two other riders, you can ride the thrack MXA magazine called “One of our new favorite tracks in the world.”

Check out the video and give me a call if you have questions.

Tom Brinkman, 334-318-8475

The Days Inn in Shorter, Alabama is the closest chain hotel. They are about 19 minutes from the track and offer a Monster Mountain discount. If you go another 11 miles in to the East Chase area of Montgomery there are a bunch of newer hotels, great shopping, restaurants, and a new movie theatre.

Tom. You said you wAnted feedback so here it goes.
The good:
1. Track layout, great use of natural terrain and man made stuff is just right. Looks very racey. I would not change anything on the track
2. Prep, perfect. Not too wet and keep it like that all day with the "spit" technique or watering. Never seen that before. Crazy inefficient for the track owner since you basically have to drive around the track 3 times to water it once. But from the rider stand point it leaves the track perfect all the time
3. Great owner and staff. I ran my lip to Tom about a couple big bikes out with the 50's. He basically told me to watch my mouth, shut up and he would take care of it. And he did. Quickly. Nice.
4. Restrooms and rider lounge. Nice. Way better then the average port-o-shitter.

The "needs work"
1. Fence, needs put back up. All the idiot riders hanging on it everyday have torn it down
2. Stands. While the track is safe those stands up on the hill are crazy sketchy . One board wide? Not for this fat boy
3. Trees in the middle (down by the ponds). Trim those back some so you can see the whole track.

This is just general maintenance stuff. The place needs a little Chilitown lipstick. If you have been there then you know what I mean. You have a great facility. "Pretty" it up and crazy people like me notice

The bad:
1. 3 foot deep rain ruts. I am sure during a rain storm that place melts like a popcicle on a 100 degree day. But those things need filled in.
2. Drive way. By no means the worst I have ever been on but it does need some love. Rain ruts and pretty narrow in some places
3. Some maintenance on the other tracks. Peewee track is Rocky and like concrete. The arenacross track is pretty Rocky
4. Biggest issue by far. Zero flaggers. Like I say to all the tracks here in Ohio. If you are going to open to the public then you need to protect them. Yes the track seems safe but there still some areas that need flaggers incase a rider goes down. This is another track that could greatly improve with a caution light system. Someone sitting in a control tower with camera's in various areas with a full view of the track and some yellow lights that can be light when a rider goes down.

Great place Tom. We will be back

We will make it down there spring break.

Tom works hard everyday down there. It shows. Now that he is getting some qualifiers and Regionals? that should help out with some money to gussy it up a little for you.

Great place, great guys. Hell just the fact he got you to shut up proves he knows what he is doing! ha ha

This is just general maintenance stuff. The place needs a little Chilitown lipstick. If you have been there then you know what I mean. You have a great facility. "Pretty" it up and crazy people like me notice

I would drive 15hrs to Monster Mountain before I would drive 5hrs to Chillitown because the track at MM is WAY better. Chillitown can keep their lipstick...I can't wait to ride ck1racerx/John259 track when it opens...

Last edited:
It's makes the first and last impression. Why not make it perfect

ha ha ha, I know. Id say I got another 7-10k to get the whole drive as a smooth finish type surface, it will take me 2-3 seasons to get it the way I want it, but I will get there. Time is on my side.

Back