Imagine racing here. Ohio would cry.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Whine. Moan. The entire day. And nobody would show up. Good enough for a British Mx championship but this track surface is beneath the almighty American OMA/CRA rider.

Looks like the crap we rode on 35 years ago. No thanks.
Too fast and the snow fence is just crazy.
Only had 3 impaled that day.

Reminds me of most track surfaces north of Erie, PA.
It's like a vain of clay and rocks all through NY.

Man is that a cow path. But what a great video. The dude with the camera had a pretty good jump and then he goes backwards quick. It was fun watching. I agree way too fast that close to the snow fence. Like most tracks back in the day, Meadowlarks for sure.

Wouldn't it be cool if they ran a 15-18 125 class at every outdoor national? They could run 2 15 minute plus 2 lap motos. That would be great to revive the 125 class, and put a spotlight on some of the top amateurs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

Wouldn't it be cool if they ran a 15-18 125 class at every outdoor national? They could run 2 15 minute plus 2 lap motos. That would be great to revive the 125 class, and put a spotlight on some of the top amateurs.

That would hurt mxsports. No more traveling to 3 qualifiers. And 3 regionals. Sometimes more. But then they could add some Vet classes and a full gate women class (did they give women a full gate yet ?)

For as much as these kids travel for amatuer events they could do this atleast every other outdoor round. Preferably every round. I would be more excited about going to watch.

Last edited:
That would hurt mxsports. No more traveling to 3 qualifiers. And 3 regionals. Sometimes more. But then they could add some Vet classes and a full gate women class (did they give women a full gate yet ?)

For as much as these kids travel for amatuer events they could do this atleast every other outdoor round. Preferably every round. I would be more excited about going to watch.

It would but, MX Sports would still make money of off these riders. The A and B class would be hurt the most. Make the guidelines from being a C rider a lot tougher. Bump them up sooner. Get it back to being a true amateur class for the C class. If you bump riders up sooner then you would fill the B class up. They could run a 250 A and 450 A. And if they needed to add any classes, I'm sure the Vet riders would not complain about adding more Vet class.

The East Coast, West Coast shootout could be at LL's. Top 20 from each coast would lineup for the shootout. I realize there's still more nationals to run, but that would be cool to watch. Run a two moto format, 30 minutes long at LL's.

The real problem is that they run the nationals on Saturday now. That would interfere with the program and television time. To really make this work they would have to go back to Sunday for the nationals.

My father always said if you're going to dream, dream big. LOL!

You nailed the age limit perfect. In Europe they actually run them 30 minutes long. In the near future that is what's going to kill us over here. Europeans are beating us already and I feel there only going to get stronger.

Last edited:
Well if you're raising them to race pro caliber early, they'll only be stronger than the average amatuer caliber rider.

An outdoor national is a PRO level event. I don't want to see exhibition bull crap. A 125 class? For sure. But not a specific age limit.
If the ridiculous Arenacross series can be called "the road to supercross" or what ever they call it, (when everyone knows its 99% the other way, the road after supercross) then a 125 class could be a the "yield the right of way" to the outdoor series. Just don't put an age on it. They are pro.

Reminds me of scenic or battlesburg back in the day when it would dry out.. all those rocks. Lol hand guards required. Lots if broken fingers and toes. Crazy seeing how fast those guys are on that track. Imagine if they had the track prep and conditions we are lucky enough to have.

An outdoor national is a PRO level event. I don't want to see exhibition bull crap. A 125 class? For sure. But not a specific age limit.
If the ridiculous Arenacross series can be called "the road to supercross" or what ever they call it, (when everyone knows its 99% the other way, the road after supercross) then a 125 class could be a the "yield the right of way" to the outdoor series. Just don't put an age on it. They are pro.
Yeah I agree it is a pro race. So is a SX but, they run a 50cc amateur race. I think a 15-18 125 support class would be awesome. make them be 19 before they hit the 250F class.
It would but, MX Sports would still make money of off these riders. The A and B class would be hurt the most. Make the guidelines from being a C rider a lot tougher. Bump them up sooner. Get it back to being a true amateur class for the C class. If you bump riders up sooner then you would fill the B class up. They could run a 250 A and 450 A. And if they needed to add any classes, I'm sure the Vet riders would not complain about adding more Vet class.

The East Coast, West Coast shootout could be at LL's. Top 20 from each coast would lineup for the shootout. I realize there's still more nationals to run, but that would be cool to watch. Run a two moto format, 30 minutes long at LL's.

The real problem is that they run the nationals on Saturday now. That would interfere with the program and television time. To really make this work they would have to go back to Sunday for the nationals.

My father always said if you're going to dream, dream big. LOL!

Make the guidelines from being a C rider a lot tougher. Bump them up sooner. Get it back to being a true amateur class for the C class. If you bump riders up sooner then you would fill the B class up.

Keep in mind the rider who won 250B last year at LL lapped over 20 riders 1st and 2nd moto. Three months later he wins the allstar class at monster cup. Three months after that he wins an arenacross main event.

I believe they need to work on moving more riders into A class. Not moving C riders up.

And im with CK on the 125 class. Pro riders only! There are plenty of 125 youth classes on amateur day.

Back