San Diego Part Deux

Why isnt anyone talking about how Dungey is just lucky? How he is only winning because JS7 is not racing, or RV2?
He is not aggressive enough to win. Wont pass, is boring to watch cause he is not getting arrested. Hello?

Thats what I though, Hey Rocket, please put up all the numbers on the consistent and evolving numbers for Ryan again.
because he is just flat out dominating. He obviously got pissed off as hell after Red Bud last year. Wanted to prove to some troll from NE Ohio, he is the most loved, likable, consistent SX and MX champion ever. So he worked hard over the winter, creeped onto the trolls facebook page, saw all the Bubba love......and set goals over the winter. So you can blame some Red, White, and Blue wearing so called electrician from NE Ohio for the rise of the dominate, I am gonna conquer the SX world, Ryan Dungey.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

Dungey is the real deal. Sure, he may not be the fastest out there on any given lap, but is damn fast. And fit as hell. I think the latter is where he is able to rise above all else. He does pass plenty. Dude can corner like no other on the track. Sure, RV2 and JS7 can whip up some cornering magic, but they are not out there. Dungey is the benefactor of that. Diesel anyone?

ET3 is fast, but I am thinking the crash last year has taken him back a notch or two. He just doesn't want to go through that again. Give him a break. He's getting better every week. Unfortunately when he starts winning, RD5 will have the championship out of reach. Maybe next year. Who's next?

I disagree. He's always the fastest lap setter in the main. The guy gets faster as the day progresses. All the guys are within .5 of a second of eachother.

This season won't help Double D because James Stewart went out on Race 1 of the year, and so they really never got to race each other after Dungey KO'd him in that turn. So if we hypothetically gave James the win in every single race for the whole season...... Dungey would still be right on him since he's only finished 1st or 2nd in the last 20 races in a row..... And not even James' biggest supporters could really say that he'd win every race if he was racing at this point.

Not only is Dungey fast, he is consistent over all types of dirt types, track layouts, and weather conditions as well. He's not a home track favorite, he is an all track favorite no matter where, when, or what the weather is. That is really amazing as a rider!!!!

Think about when you go to a sand track and you are a clay track type rider, how hard it is to ride with the Sand guys..... or get to a rainy race and you only ride when the weather is nice, and you are up against Mud Riders....... Dungey does well on all types of tracks and all types of conditions. That's why he is the Champ.

I'd love to see a battle for the series lead, but Dungey is just killing it. The rest of the pack is a battle, if we'd just leave Dungey out of it, we'd have what we all want........ a battle royale!!!

The rest of the pack is a battle, if we'd just leave Dungey out of it, we'd have what we all want........ a battle royale!!!

And that there leads to the mother of all questions, "Why is there always a front runner running away with it?". I mean we've only had one year that went down to the last race in Vegas of there being a "possibility" of more than one champion after the day was done in the premier class in my recent memory. 2nd seems to always be down to the last race.

I know you cannot answer that in a "matter of fact" response, but just is something that comes to mind...

As much as I am a non fan of the Dunge, I am for what he has been able to accomplish through the nay-sayers. He's a true champion.

That said, go ET3 and JS7!!! :)

Dungey doping ? I'd bet the farm against that . He is talented , driven , determined , smart , and has no quit in him . JS7 on the other hand ? Even RV had rumors flying when he " retired " . RC had many of the same qualities as Dungey . There seems to have been a career dominant racer in pro MX/SX since I can remember ; Gary Jones , Marty Smith , Bob Hannah , Rick Johnson , MC , RC , etc. . We don't remember the guys who finished 2nd to them nearly as well , but if not for the dominators , they would have probably been the top dogs instead . Always a racer coming onto the scene that takes the sport to a new level .

I really don't understand why so many don't give Dungey his due . The stats don't lie . Sure it's OK not to like him necessarily but , jeez ! Maybe if he grew his hair down to his a$$ , got tatted up , threw punches and whips into everybody , painted his bike flat black with a skull on the tank , crashed his brains out every other race , or rubbed shoe polish all over himself and did the sprinkler he would get some " respect " .

Never really was a James Stewart fan but never hated him . He raised the bar and his talent on the bike , between crashes , is undeniable . Maybe he just needed a NASCAR style restrictor plate on his carb . I heard it isn't his head that has him not racing . Actually it is a sore rear end , from so many kissing it .

Probably the most talented, fastest 2nd place finisher ever...........Kevin Windham. But had to race against McGrath, Charmichael, Bubba and RV.

http://racerxonline.com/2016/02/11/staging-area-san-diego-2
118676_misc-sandiegosx12016-c_5df4.jpg

So what can we expect this weekend? More of the same? Different winner(s)? I hope to see a little more green on the box, but doesn't look likely. More likely than yellow being on there, well, kinda...
thats a sick stadium!

If any rider can transition to nascar it's Dungey. His perfect and calculated personality combined with his patience could flourish well in long races.

I bet dungey would annilihate everyone in a GNCC if he trained for that.

If any rider can transition to nascar it's Dungey. His perfect and calculated personality combined with his patience could flourish well in long races.

I bet dungey would annilihate everyone in a GNCC if he trained for that.
Look at a rider like Mike Brown. He's had success at SX, MX, Enduro, Endurocross, and GNCC. The guy is really a talented Dirt Bike rider across many forms of racing.

Back