Durhamtown.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
A buddy and I are planning a trip to Durhamtown, GA next month, we have never been and I'm assuming a few of guys have.. Any tips, suggestions, things to do or stay away from? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I have mixed feelings about that place. If you want to trail ride and camp with the family then it can be a fun place. Plenty of RV hookups. They have 6 or so MX tracks but they haven't been prepped in a decade. You'll be staying with at least 200 quads running around kicking up dust. On the other hand there are a million places to explore on a motorized vehicle and you can rent bikes and quads.

Things to stay away from: durhamtown

Fun probably if your a weekendd warrior in work boots but i had absolutely no interest in riding that place. We planned to stay a week and left after 1 day. THere are a few tracks but only 1 gets prepped, and it was half assed at best. The trails were just kind of wide open and destroyed my new tire in 1 day.

Maybe things have changed, or maybe your looking to just cruise around, but when you're driving that far you have way better options for motocross.

Well that sounds like a bust.. Recommendations for where to go and stay. No more then 12hr drive from Cleveland

Anyone been to Windy Hill? Was thinking about maybe racing there on the way home from Daytona. Just wondered what it was like.

Talked to my buddy and we have re-routed our plans to do more of what you guys are saying. Find hotels and hit different tracks down there. Looks like JWTF has locked bike storage as well, which is worth it's weight right there. Thanks you guys. That's why I love this site. It sounds like you saved us from a terrible time!

Talked to my buddy and we have re-routed our plans to do more of what you guys are saying. Find hotels and hit different tracks down there. Looks like JWTF has locked bike storage as well, which is worth it's weight right there. Thanks you guys. That's why I love this site. It sounds like you saved us from a terrible time!

No....no this is just a clique site that scares noobs away with our bashing.

Speaking of which it seems there are a few noobs posting lately, they must not have gotten the word! Lol

Have fun, it really depends on the type of track you like but with your distance there is anything you want! The Yadkinville NC area has the 3 tracks Chuck mentioned. Its nice to have 3 different style tracks within 20 min of one another.

If you want to go to the limit of your distance check out Monster Mountain or WW Ranch.

Anyone been to Windy Hill? Was thinking about maybe racing there on the way home from Daytona. Just wondered what it was like.

I was a long time ago, probalby 7 years ago. They were actually closed down but somehow we didnt know that and showed up, the owner was there and let our group ride. I don't remember much of it, so I guess IMO that means I didnt hate it or love it at that time! Who knows now though.. thats a long time ago!

No....no this is just a clique site that scares noobs away with our bashing.

Speaking of which it seems there are a few noobs posting lately, they must not have gotten the word! Lol

Have fun, it really depends on the type of track you like but with your distance there is anything you want! The Yadkinville NC area has the 3 tracks Chuck mentioned. Its nice to have 3 different style tracks within 20 min of one another.

If you want to go to the limit of your distance check out Monster Mountain or WW Ranch.

Hah yah I've been around for a while. This site has a lot of great information and helpful people.. Some not so much but for the most part it's a great site

Jake take your Dad. It's you young guys turn to treat the old men!!!

You couldn't be anymore right Mike, my dad really took care of me throughout the years of me racing I couldn't have asked for better! These days though you'll find Mr. Palermo much more happier on his Trophy Bayliner wetting a line haha

A buddy and I are planning a trip to Durhamtown, GA next month, we have never been and I'm assuming a few of guys have.. Any tips, suggestions, things to do or stay away from? Thanks

Don't have new tires. They'll be toast in 10 minutes.

Watch out for the yay-hoos that have no regard for safety. They're everywhere. Take your phone with you if you go trail riding. You might need it to figure out where the hell
You are. And if you crash you'll need to call for help.

There's an awesome strip joint in one of the carolinas. Maybe Crute rememeberes. I can't. But we had fun on that south trip. 5 days of riding in a different state each day.

Back