Durhamtown.

Haha perfect, we got a hotel in Jacksonville NC and are going to JWTF and a few surrounding tracks.. And whatever else we can get into

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

If things dont change you might be right for us here in Ohio.

Some people's mindset when it comes to PR really bottles my mind. Ohhhhh no someone cried about my track there so now instead of ignoring that person and/or doing something about the issue they had I'm going to boycott the website all together and limit my marketing exposure to whoever facebook feels like showing my post to! That will show em! Facebook bitches I tell ya

So i'm heading down to Mx421 tomorrow for the first time with a friend. We are planning to camp but I was curious if anyone knows of a hotel/motel where we could bring the bikes in the room? Any insight is appreciated.

So i'm heading down to Mx421 tomorrow for the first time with a friend. We are planning to camp but I was curious if anyone knows of a hotel/motel where we could bring the bikes in the room? Any insight is appreciated.

What momma don't know don't hurt her

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I camp at Holly Ridge when I go down. It's in between 421/EB/Center Rd. $10. Hot showers. Laundry. Wifi. $35 with RV hookups if you're in to that sort of thing.

http://hollyridgecampground.tripod.com/

Thanks Chuck. I saw your post previously about those campgrounds and that's where we intend to stay. I was just curious about hotels with easy access to the room to bring in the bikes. If we can find one it would allow us to explore Saturday night and catch some Supercross.

I'd call the owner first. I bet he has a place to stash the bikes. Or just rent one of those cabins for the weekend.

If things dont change you might be right for us here in Ohio.
image.jpeg

A buddy and I are planning a trip to Durhamtown, GA next month, we have never been and I'm assuming a few of guys have.. Any tips, suggestions, things to do or stay away from? Thanks

My two cents.... We were at Durhamtown last year (and 2014). Mark 'Bomber' Barnett's track had just been totally redone - foot deep sawdust in the corners and fresh lips on every jump (maybe we got lucky). Don't think we counted more that 20 different riders on the track in a few days. Track rivals Beans on my favorite list.
...if you want a pure MX trip, track go to a big name track.
...if you want LOTS of riding and having fun, it is hard to beat a week at Durhamtown. Finding all six MX tracks - and riding right from your cabin every morning - is part of the fun.

There's an awesome strip joint in one of the carolinas. Maybe Crute rememeberes. I can't. But we had fun on that south trip. 5 days of riding in a different state each day.
Sometimes a trip south is not *just* about MX...

pro`s about Durhamtown
1. Bomber MX, 2. MX2 hard packed but a unbelievable layout and flow( I have done a 1000 lapse on this track, just a total blast) 3. MX5 is a 3 mile loop in the woods that is safe and wide to really get on the pipe. 4. MX 4 cool little track to get warmed up on and pound out lapse. 5. safe and fun trail riding, especially when you are sore and tired but still want to ride. 6. pro shop, great lodge(that sells beer), kitchen that make 3 meals a day for a fair price. 7. full bike rental store with side by sides also to rent. 8. 6 different types of cabin rentals. 9. the staff and owner are very friendly as long as you follow the rules. If you don't they will make you leave. 10. camp fires at night.
con`s
1. best to ride there in the spring or fall. the place can get hard packed but no worries they sell all types of tires.

Back