Motocross Tantrum of The Week

Chuey352, I remember that day. I walked down there with your dad (he carried the gas can) and investigated the situation. I also remember the goggle throwing incident and Big Tom's unhappiness with young Matt that day. Do you remember the following weekend at OIR when you and your dad came back from sign up and we (myself and Phil) duct taped a gas can to your back fender? Those were the good days...2007 was the year!

I had a similar incident with young Michael and a bike dropping / walking away moment. Happened at TV Land in a pitbike race. He was leading the race, fell, got back up and was catching the leader only to crash again from pushing to hard. Then he lays on the ground having a melt down. I go over and make sure he isn't hurt, he replies "no" he was just mad because he crashed and could not win now. So he start to walk away. I tell him, if your not hurt and this bike isn't broke, you will ride it to the end of the race or you will never ride again. He proceeds to get on the bike and finishes the last lap and half in first gear wide open. I taught him a lesson and felt he was teaching me one by riding in first gear and trying to break his bike. We had another man to man or man to child and this never happened again. I think Mike was 8 years old at the time. I was not happy about it then and I would not tolerate it today either but I look back now and it makes for a great story and life lesson. I remember one of the other fathers coming up to me after the incident and saying that my son had a little Mike Alessi moment right there!

I totally forgot about Matt having the 1 gallon can taped to the rear fender!

60 class. High point. Crashed at the bottom of the huge downhill. Was so pissed sat on side of the track. My dad walks down in his usual laid back fashion. Picks up bike. Starts it and takes off up the hill on it. Never said a word to me.

After about 3 minutes it dawned on my futile 8 year old brain that he wasn't coming back. So i started making the trek back to the Motorhome. When I got there everything was loaded up and he said get in. I've never been so scared in my life. Got a good lecture on how my dad doesn't care what place I get but he does care if I give up. Can't say I've ever just gave up mid-race unless I was broken from that day forward! Thanks dad! Pretty sure my mom was in the Motorhome too giving me an earful. Thanks mom! Lol.

My dad walks down in his usual laid back fashion. Picks up bike. Starts it and takes off up the hill on it. Never said a word to me.

After about 3 minutes it dawned on my futile 8 year old brain that he wasn't coming back. So i started making the trek back to the Motorhome. When I got there everything was loaded up and he said get in. I've never been so scared in my life. Got a good lecture on how my dad doesn't care what place I get but he does care if I give up. Can't say I've ever just gave up mid-race unless I was broken from that day forward! Thanks dad! Pretty sure my mom was in the Motorhome too giving me an earful. Thanks mom! Lol.

That had to have been the best way to handle the situation. Kudos to your dad for that one lol

Hey guys, This is my first post here! Some of you may know me and some not, I've been in the Ohio MX scene since about 2002 just never on here. Im getting back into moto after about 5 years of maybe riding 2-3 times a year and figured I would give this PR thing a go!

Anyway, this is a topic I'm very opinionated about and figured maybe id gather some other thoughts on it. I have grown up learning to respect the sport especially on the track.

I can remember running out of gas in a qualifying position at the bottom of the hill at the High Point LLQ. *the only time I had ever run out* I went back to the truck and my dad had noticed that I had thrown my my goggles on the ground. He wanted to kill me. I could only imagine what he would have done if I had ever thrown a tantrum like this kid. I can understand frustration when your in the moment but come on. leaving your bike on the track in the main race line?. I can remember Jacob Hayes' fit after he completely throw away the Arenacross title on his own mistakes. It just makes you look like a jackass. Anyone else feel the same?

Have you ever seen a kid on a Mini throw a tantrum and just want to shake him? or have you gotten to the point where even you have lost your cool and got a out of hand? lol

Here's the pic of the kid from daytona and looks to be the C-class. Link to the full story below!
s1200_030716tantrum.jpg

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-....com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fb_like

And Jacob Hayes before he completely lost his mind in Las Vegas last year. The vid is on youtube
s780_GUYB0548.jpg
my dad would have beat my ass and then made me go back out and get my bike lol

All I ask of my son is that he tried his hardest. If he isn't feeling it for whatever reason I tell him to let me know and we will stay home. It takes a lot of work to get to the track. If he doesn't want to try then why go? Just putting himself at risk and why?

As far as tantrums go. We have experienced a few really good ones. One where my son won the race. Went to give the kid a hand shake after the race and the kid snubbed him. Threw his goggles and stomped his feet. Told my son to never act like that in defeat. He agreed. The next was a really good 65 race. Two kids battled it out in a great race. The kid that lost threw his bike on the ground and walked away. We couldn't believe our eyes!!!!!! The father of the winning child picked the bike up and walked it back. My son learned a lot that day. I hope he never does that.

It was pretty bad. The sad part is there is no shame in losing a race like that. Both kids rode their a***s off!!!

Back