Malvern's Area Qualifier

Seems like everyone from Ohio stayed home. Surprised those all those southern kids didn't have a heart attack when they saw all that white stuff...

John they're from Canada. They're C riders. And probably right off the couch at that. Racing season doesn't start until August up there I thought.

Seems like everyone from Ohio stayed home. Surprised those all those southern kids didn't have a heart attack when they saw all that white stuff...

John they're from Canada. They're C riders. And probably right off the couch at that. Racing season doesn't start until August up there I thought.
Jonathan said there were a bunch of them that were part of a team.

Few more from the weekend..

A%20LAMODE%20studios%20%7C%20Matt%20Snyder-194-XL.jpg

A%20LAMODE%20studios%20%7C%20Matt%20Snyder-187-XL.jpg

A%20LAMODE%20studios%20%7C%20Matt%20Snyder-183-XL.jpg

A%20LAMODE%20studios%20%7C%20Matt%20Snyder-169-XL.jpg

A%20LAMODE%20studios%20%7C%20Matt%20Snyder-161-XL.jpg

A%20LAMODE%20studios%20%7C%20Matt%20Snyder-89-XL.jpg

I think a huge congrats is in order for the Rogers family and the Malvern Mafia. From a promotors stand point the forecast was not good, not good at all. Jason never waivered, never asked to cancel and try for another weekend. He played the hand he was dealt. Which included rain, frozen ground, snow, hurricane winds, and Im sure a few other storm events that he visualized as he floated to and from equipment. Its one thing to put on one of these events, its an entirely different ball game to do it with that much adversity. I hear no stories of 2 hour sign up or poorly scored races, no poorly prepped track feedback even with the conditions. Good job Malvern crew. Everyone ought to think about this the next time they host a race on April 16th!!

Here is a couple that I got! I know, they aren't awesome sauce but I'm workin on it!!! The track was in prime condition!!! awesome job Malvern!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4845.JPG
    IMG_4845.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_4874.JPG
    IMG_4874.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_4761.JPG
    IMG_4761.JPG
    249.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4858.JPG
    IMG_4858.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 224
I think a huge congrats is in order for the Rogers family and the Malvern Mafia. From a promotors stand point the forecast was not good, not good at all. Jason never waivered, never asked to cancel and try for another weekend. He played the hand he was dealt. Which included rain, frozen ground, snow, hurricane winds, and Im sure a few other storm events that he visualized as he floated to and from equipment. Its one thing to put on one of these events, its an entirely different ball game to do it with that much adversity. I hear no stories of 2 hour sign up or poorly scored races, no poorly prepped track feedback even with the conditions. Good job Malvern crew. Everyone ought to think about this the next time they host a race on April 16th!!
Couldn't agree more. They busted their butts. Everything ran very smoothly, was well organized and I never stood in a signup line for more than 5-10 minutes. The track was great for the races, especially considering the blizzard that hit late Saturday night and laid down a couple inches of snow. I know that some people left but honestly the track was in good shape and got better as the day went on, which is amazing, I guess that's what happens when you have the equipment and know how for great track prep. Great job Malvern MX, crew and all the people that helped with this qualifier!!!! Thanks

Highlight of Registration:

Watching 2 tables of registration materials flipped over and all the registration materials flying away!
(Later that day, I found a pad of AMA Minor releases 40 feet away from the signup building, under a vehicle, stuck in the mud.)

Jason is amazing. The parking lot and drive became an ice skating ring within an hour or two of everyone walking, riding, driving on it. So what can you do? Well Jason Rogers gets in his dozer and is literally doing "spin outs" in his dozer, breaking up the ice below it and making it safe to walk on.. I couldn't believe what I was watching.. WISH we had taken a video! He knows his dirt on and off the track.

Jason is amazing. The parking lot and drive became an ice skating ring within an hour or two of everyone walking, riding, driving on it. So what can you do? Well Jason Rogers gets in his dozer and is literally doing "spin outs" in his dozer, breaking up the ice below it and making it safe to walk on.. I couldn't believe what I was watching.. WISH we had taken a video! He knows his dirt on and off the track.

To go along with this, i was watching him just inside the gate going back and forth, a guy rolls up on a golf cart, looks at me, looks back at Jason, looks back at me.... and says, "i think hes drunk" laughs and drives away (clearly joking) but it made me LOL. Jason and his crew always do an amazing job with the track and i know i never have to worry about track conditions because they will do everything they can to make it the best of their ability.

Back