Lincoln Trail Motorsports - Casey , ILArea Qualifier

Sharc, By the way, there was no line cause you waited until everyone is practicing, How many practice laps did you get?

I made it back to the pit in plenty of time to make our group.
The casual cigarette, a nice poop and then dicking around with a bike that wasn’t ready to go made me miss.

As I rolled up into the chute the guy said “they only got two laps, you’ll get none” - “we’re done.”
I was good with it. The Bomber track is the same as it’s always been. That's why we go -

Mike Mercer got 2nd in 30 plus. Mike was super fast back in the 90s. Got away from the sport from what I know. I saw on FB that he was riding again. Obviously still has a lot of speed and talent.

Mike Mercer got 2nd in 30 plus. Mike was super fast back in the 90s. Got away from the sport from what I know. I saw on FB that he was riding again. Obviously still has a lot of speed and talent.
Mike is still fast! Plus 30 was cooking. Some good battles up front.
Guys that blow by me like I'm on a pee wee were running mid pack.

so how did you guys do?... why did you guys hit up this place for the LLQ and not malvern...
This Casey Area Qualifier is for the North Central Regional at Byron.
Malvern was/is a Mid East Qualifier for the Baja Regional.

For the Baja Regional we have three events within close proximity.

Casey was the closest Area for the North Central.

Thanks, if feels soooo good to be back on the bike. I’m stoked!

Sometimes depending on the position, my leg feels like I’m trying to use a toothpick to balance a watermelon, but all-in-all I felt like I wasn’t a hindrance when on the track.

I didn’t feel like that last year when I tried to ride. So yeah – I’m stoked!

PS. Rodney Carrier is SMOKING the + 45 field on his YZ 250.

Ran away with the first moto – only to miss his gate call and started the second moto almost ¾ of a lap behind. He still managed to catch half the field.

Mitchy had a blast on the track for his first visit there.. Moving on to the regional in 3 classes. 1st 65cc 10-11, 2nd 65cc 7-11, 7th 85cc 9-11. Had a 85 clutch let loose in Moto 1 and came from 38th and way back to 11th..a good second Moto got it done.

Was great to see most of my fellow vet buddies I didn't know were coming. You know who you are who gave Mitchy a pat on the back on the gates in his Sunday Motos and watched him.. He truly remembers you guys and asks when we will overlap again..

..and yes our gates were more like a regional..full with several fast kids that have placed inside the top 10 at LL last year. Was great to match up with them all.

image.jpeg

Photo Credit. Jessical Lynn Ten Hagen

Mitchy had a blast on the track for his first visit there.. Moving on to the regional in 3 classes. 1st 65cc 10-11, 2nd 65cc 7-11, 7th 85cc 9-11. Had a 85 clutch let loose in Moto 1 and came from 38th and way back to 11th..a good second Moto got it done.

Was great to see most of my fellow vet buddies I didn't know were coming. You know who you are who gave Mitchy a pat on the back on the gates in his Sunday Motos and watched him.. He truly remembers you guys and asks when we will overlap again..

..and yes our gates were more like a regional..full with several fast kids that have placed inside the top 10 at LL last year. Was great to match up with them all.

View attachment 51732

Getting big for the 65
We were watching and saying how F'n fast those kids go - blows the mind

Getting big for the 65
We were watching and saying how F'n fast those kids go - blows the mind

I hear ya.. Home stretch on the 65's.. Aging out at year end..can't wait to manage just 2 85's too.. This 4 bike stuff is working me over ..LOL

View attachment 51732

Nice seat bounce!!!

Man! 2 things stand out!

Kid is growing like a weed.

Kid has killer style!

Thanks much...yeah...seems after the Daytona and Freestone nationals he has put on height and weight...suspension for all is off to get redone....uuugh. Had a solid Daytona with a 2nd and 5th in the 65 classes and a 7th in the 85 class. Freestone had some rough starts and falls, but did crack a top 10 in one of the 65 classes...not sure what the south air did to him, but he grew and gained weight...see if he can get through LL on a 65 or if we bump to the 85's full time mid year.

One thing for sure though he had a really fun Spring National season climbing into the top 10 in 65's in the MotoPlayground Dirty 100. That was a bench mark...if we leave 65's for size.. so be it...

Dirty 100.jpg

and absolutely loves Daytona for a variety of reasons....

untitled.png

Just look at the size & height dynamics in that photo......Blows the mind.

None of us did anything like that in our youth.

Very Cool, But after he blew me off, I am not asking for his autograph again!!!! ha ha
Love watching him race and grow. He had that 65 WFO all the time. he looked smooth and very comfortable on the track. I thought you have been to Casey before.....I love the track for sure a favorite!

Just look at the size & height dynamics in that photo......Blows the mind.

None of us did anything like that in our youth.

Sharc..He told me Sat night he was jumping into that section off the wall jump after watching J.Martin do it! ur right.. I never hit anything like that on an 85, much less thought of it on a 65cc. Heck, not sure I would have on a big bike? Blind landing..kids all around it to jump over..steep..fast..rutted face..had it all!

I was like whoa son..250f is not same as a 65cc..I thought the conversation was over..then second practice Sunday he hit it..people in stands thought is throttle stuck and he was in for a massive wreck.. Then he hit the double after it. I was like..seriously

Nah Double D.. Never been to Casey and he loved it..made it good for me seeing you all. He is getting there but that track was really fast.

..and he is ready for another nurf war at your house! Let us know

Last edited:
Back