Question for smith road

sdjclevland

PR Addict
I don't mean this in a jerk way but are you guys planning on freshining the track up soon? Seems to be in somewhat rough shape a little. Like the back side of everything is cupped out pretty bad for example

I was wondering if they even prepped yesterday. Got there @ 4:30 and most corners had braking bumps going in, accel bumps going out, and a row of deep ruts. Hard to believe that all happened in 30 minutes.

place is a dump every jump is super wooped same ruts from the the week before if I'm going to pay 25$ to ride for a few hrs you guys could at least do some work with all the equipment you have laying around I don't think I'll be going back for a while

I noticed espically last year the track really starting to go to s**t. I don't mind the dust or the mud, but the jump faces, landings, and the rest of the track are just beat up. Hopefully they're just waiting for some decent weather to polish it back up. But if Malvern keeps having wednesday night practices, I will gladly drive an extra 45 minutes to go there.

This is why track owners say they dont like Pitracer, complaints.

But, these are legitimate concerns. I too have noticed a major decline in track conditions. It has been hashed over many times the last couple years on here. Hopefully Smith rd will see this and take them to heart. IMO each week they should reface certain areas. Better yet, like George did, just drive the tractor through a few different areas each week when prepping the track. Change directions each week like years past too. Make it interesting and different. More corners, up and down the hills. Rip it deep and make it muddy for the first hour.

The absolute best things about Smith Rd are being lost IMO. Lots of deep rutted corners with a new layout each week. It makes you work to pass and that is real old school mx practice that everyone likes.

I thought the same thing...man, there will be some people upset. The track owner is going to say Pitracer sucks. CrazyCat 259 will just call you guys a bunch of tight legged panies, without steel balls like the old true motocrossers, and say your just bitching............

Tracks should take this kind of feed back, and learn from it. It is their revenue. No different than if McDonalds got complaints every Wednesday that their restaurant was always dirty and nasty........people will eventually not go to McDonalds and go down the street to Wendys. Same concept. Listen to your customers.

I'm pretty sure this same thread poped up last year and they actually did something about it for a little bit

Maybe the day you were there Mr Smith was just having an off day. Or the tractor was acting up. I have never been to Mr Smith's track but thanks to all of this chatter, I'm going to check it out real soon.

track prep after practice,most riders do not see this but after practice I have seen the tractors running etc waiting for the last rider to leave. then they rip/ prep track for the week.

the table table up fronnt is so warn down, just build it into an actual jump or just doze the stupid thing over.

the up hill triple thing whatever it is in the middle of the track needs a landing..

just those 2 things would be an improvement. the prep is usually hit or miss and i dont exepct much in that department, but at least maintain what you do have. ive been there twice already and cant say im in a hurry to go back.. will drive farther and go to malvern where im almost gurenteed a nicely prepped track. or wait til thurs and hit cabin.

this isnt a thread to bash... and if you want the track to survive and to put money in your pockets, step it up.

track prep after practice,most riders do not see this but after practice I have seen the tractors running etc waiting for the last rider to leave. then they rip/ prep track for the week.
What you are seeing is the track being pulled in, this is so when/if it rain the water does not sit in the ruts it runs off, prep is done before practice every week starting in the morning and ending when the bikes start showing up.

I will voice your concerns to Larry as he isn't one to get on pitracer, however he is always available at the track if you have questions and concerns and of course he does prefer to talk face to face when possible. Some of you may be aware we've had some crazy weather to contend with lately ; ). We hear you and we will address your concerns, we had some things brought to our attention last night by riders who stopped to talk on their way out and Larry was more than happy to listen to suggestions and discuss things. It will come together. I can attest as his daughter who'd love to see some of his time and attention directed in other places at times that he spends most of his time dealing with track concerns, dealing with the gas company concerns, trying to get the bridge fixed, tractors, etc. We hear you, and we are working on it, bear with us it hasn't been the best start to our season weather wise as far as moving dirt etc, but believe me he has been out there with the tractors all weekend and the dozer during the week working his butt off just to clear up wet spots and drain the track after the freak snow storm and follow up heavy rain we got last weekend and monday. We listen, we just prefer no to post a lot on social media and show you with our actions that we hear you, feel free to pop in and talk to us on practice nights if you find yourself out our way, we don't bite promise ; ) (I run the concession stand, dads usually near by and Mikey is too )

Can't blame them. Aren't they battling a huge gas line that's gonna cut right through the center of the property ? I'd imagine that's a huge distraction for management.

I will voice your concerns to Larry as he isn't one to get on pitracer, however he is always available at the track if you have questions and concerns and of course he does prefer to talk face to face when possible. Some of you may be aware we've had some crazy weather to contend with lately ; ). We hear you and we will address your concerns, we had some things brought to our attention last night by riders who stopped to talk on their way out and Larry was more than happy to listen to suggestions and discuss things. It will come together. I can attest as his daughter who'd love to see some of his time and attention directed in other places at times that he spends most of his time dealing with track concerns, dealing with the gas company concerns, trying to get the bridge fixed, tractors, etc. We hear you, and we are working on it, bear with us it hasn't been the best start to our season weather wise as far as moving dirt etc, but believe me he has been out there with the tractors all weekend and the dozer during the week working his butt off just to clear up wet spots and drain the track after the freak snow storm and follow up heavy rain we got last weekend and monday. We listen, we just prefer no to post a lot on social media and show you with our actions that we hear you, feel free to pop in and talk to us on practice nights if you find yourself out our way, we don't bite promise ; ) (I run the concession stand, dads usually near by and Mikey is too )

Cool, thanks for answering! I still plan on making it up often it would just be nice with a few minor improvements. I always love going with large turnouts on the track. It makes is so much more fun.

the table table up fronnt is so warn down, just build it into an actual jump or just doze the stupid thing over.

the up hill triple thing whatever it is in the middle of the track needs a landing..

That. The tables are basically speed bumps now. And the "triple" is basically an uphill ski jump. Build up a true landing to triple it, and fix up the face again. That thing was fun to hit when it wasn't worn down to nothing.

And do something with the weird roller things in the back that used to kind of be a 6 pack. Either build them up like a true 6 pack or dig a bit deeper in between them and make them better rollers/whoops

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing something changed with that weird hip/giant bump before the hill that leads up to the table along the railroad tracks. When the track is wet, that thing is just an ice rink.

See I thought the track prep was fine yesterday considering all the rain and bad weather we got before in the week I'm not saying it was primo or anything like that but I did not expect it to be I was mostly happy and it was good enough for me. I' think just with a little spruce up with all of the jumps and six pack think it would be mich better. I don't mean this to turn into any bashing at all I would have said something in person also but did not even think about it until later on.

I thought the track was great for the weather they've had to battle besides whatever happened to people riding old school rough tracks ?

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

See I thought the track prep was fine yesterday considering all the rain and bad weather we got before in the week I'm not saying it was primo or anything like that but I did not expect it to be I was mostly happy and it was good enough for me. I' think just with a little spruce up with all of the jumps and six pack think it would be mich better. I don't mean this to turn into any bashing at all I would have said something in person also but did not even think about it until later on.

I was just wondering if they touched the corners at all. Again it was dusty AND rutted with what looked like last weeks ruts when I pulled in @ 4:30 (30 minutes after they opened)

Back