Question for smith road

only been there once, and it was this yr first practice they had. I thought it was fun and liked how rough it got with deep ruts. I do agree with table table, and uphill triple landing however

I was just wondering if they touched the corners at all. Again it was dusty AND rutted with what looked like last weeks ruts when I pulled in @ 4:30 (30 minutes after they opened)
P

That's funny you say that cause I was there eArly also and thought it was odd there was deep ruts already and was like wow this place ruts up fast but now that makes sense

One thing I can tell you for sure , coming from a promoter who has really rolled the dice this year trying to move thousands of cubic yards of dirt ( and anyone in the dirt business as a promoter will tell you never move major dirt in March or April ). This weather has been very deceiving , it draws you in with a couple of nice warm days and then Mother Nature turns on you and trust me she can be a bitch . Just look at the last two weeks ,5 days of rain followed by 8 inches of snow then 12 degree overnite lows which leaves bare ground greasey and sticky so it sticks to everything , then 3 days of cold and rain . Now we all know that's typical spring weather and that's why you have to be a magician and a future reader you know like the weatherman who's always wrong .

I spent a lot of time talking to Larry to get him to join the CRA and were very proud to sanction his July fourth race ,and I can tell you he spends countless hours keeping the smith road legacy alive and under constant improvement, this has just be a bad run of weather , it happens ! Good luck with your 2016 season Larry ! I have a feeling this is going to be a great year for Ohio mx riders

Have you guys done any work to the track this week? We've had some great weather this past weekend and week. Malvern is also having wednesday night practice and wanted to know if we can expect a better prep or just head to Malvern?

They spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday there with the dozer, excavator etc. everyone seemed pretty happy on Sunday but everyone has there own ideas about what they like and how they like it...

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

They spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday there with the dozer, excavator etc. everyone seemed pretty happy on Sunday but everyone has there own ideas about what they like and how they like it...

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
Awesome. Looking forward to it.

First off, I'm an OG of Smith Rd. I've been going there for practice 15+ years and have seen all kinds of different prep done in the past. George was famous for making the place a muddy mess on a dry day, don't forget now. Tonight was the first time I have ever been to a practice track before everyone else... Track was prepped perfectly and they had three seperate pieces of equipment working the track when I got there at 3:30. They dirt had just the right amount of moisture without getting dusty and made for some beautiful lines that changed all night. Saw a brand new KXF250 put some of the first laps of the night on the track and rider and bike came around nice and clean. There were a few slippery spots in a few sections but THIS IS MOTOCROSS PEOPLE, there were quicker alternative lines around them. Hats off Smith Rd. Crew, loved the track tonight!

I think the gas thing has always been a problem. I remember George telling me he dealt with it years ago. Are they causing an "eminent domain" stink again? --L*64

Back