Progress on the Old Barn and a new turn track

No! Shoulder is damaged from an 18 year old in WV. May need work done to it...ughhh

Mike, Oh no - shoulders take so long. What damage did you do? Physical Therapy can do wonders - I am a believer - especially in the pre-hab before surgery.

You've been a busy boy Dano.

You've done some quality work there. I think you made a good decision saving and rebuilding the barn.
It costs a hell of a lot of money today to build at the level of quality that was standard building practices back then.

So....... When are we going to see practice track pic's?

You've been a busy boy Dano.

You've done some quality work there. I think you made a good decision saving and rebuilding the barn.

So....... When are we going to see practice track pic's?

Thanks Mike. I am happy with the decision. I estimate it cost me about 30% of new construction to build a 40x60 foot building. There are clear advantages to a new building and they are so nice, but I didn't have it in me to tear the old barn down. Hmmm maybe explains why I ride old bikes. I even salvaged and stacked a bunch of the old barn siding.

I looked into using reclaimed barn wood but the cost was way too much. I only paid 80 cents a board foot for the green, rough sawn lumber.

I plowed and disced and then messed up my knee so I haven't made any progress on a practice track. Physical therapy and rehab is going pretty well - hope to get riding again this fall.

A couple of nice weekends for painting and the barn is finished.

We had some interns from General Electric help us last weekend as part of a fundraiser.

I rented a lift yesterday, what a time saver, and my wife and I finished up today.

Barn Painters.jpg

Barn Lift 2.jpg

Barn Lift.jpg

Barn Finished.jpg

Barn Finished 2.jpg

Looks great! How's MY turn track coming along? Just kidding. Might have to actually go to Cincinnati more often with the wife.

Looks great! How's MY turn track coming along? Just kidding. Might have to actually go to Cincinnati more often with the wife.

It is finished and ready to go!! At Saddleback East, anytime you want to head down. Ryan Sipes is a member now and has been active helping with the tracks. There are better and tracks now and a separate dedicated turn track.

Back