RT62 race weekend

hershey

PR Elite
So any way to change the subject a bit

I arrived a little later than I wanted friday evening and parked next to DD and mini DD. The first thing I noticed was the starting gate location, it is out front by the road!! The start is 42 gates wide and stays that wide maybe 70-80 yards or longer to a sweeping right hand corner, over a small gradual rise to a 180 left turn. Then full out over another gradual rise , sweeping right about another 60 yards or so to the new wall jump on the track.
And the track, WOW, drastic changes. Its obvious that Lonnie and crew spent hundreds of man hours changing this track for the better. More jumps but not too many. Nothing dangerous but most all of them are fun and doable. The track is very long, I think the lap times were over 2 min for most riders. The layout is fantastic. The types of corners include wide sweepers, tight 180, small sweepers, 90 deg. Most were rutted up really good with 3-4 lines. It got rough but not too rough at all.
On practice day the 50cc bikes rode the entire track without too much issue, Austin made it around the track only getting stuck 3 or 4 times early in the day. The ruts were deep in some areas for the little bikes but line choice solved that. Sunday there werent any of those issues as the track firmed up just a bit and they cut the track in half for the 50cc kids.
All in all I had a really good time. The track was just a hair rougher than I like but that means it was perfect. I need to train on rougher tracks to get better and practice the ruts. And it teaches kids like Austin to ride it like that from the get go. He actually loved it there and did very well.
Like any track being new to holding races like this there were some minor issues but nothing bad. The only thing I believe needs work is the track watering. The soil is very much clay based and gets hard and dusty easily. It was better than last year when I went for a practice day but still got just a bit too dusty in some spots for safety IMO.
All and all a great weekend at Rt62

Thanks for all your effort. My son and I had a great weekend!

So any way to change the subject a bit

I arrived a little later than I wanted friday evening and parked next to DD and mini DD. The first thing I noticed was the starting gate location, it is out front by the road!! The start is 42 gates wide and stays that wide maybe 70-80 yards or longer to a sweeping right hand corner, over a small gradual rise to a 180 left turn. Then full out over another gradual rise , sweeping right about another 60 yards or so to the new wall jump on the track.
And the track, WOW, drastic changes. Its obvious that Lonnie and crew spent hundreds of man hours changing this track for the better. More jumps but not too many. Nothing dangerous but most all of them are fun and doable. The track is very long, I think the lap times were over 2 min for most riders. The layout is fantastic. The types of corners include wide sweepers, tight 180, small sweepers, 90 deg. Most were rutted up really good with 3-4 lines. It got rough but not too rough at all.
On practice day the 50cc bikes rode the entire track without too much issue, Austin made it around the track only getting stuck 3 or 4 times early in the day. The ruts were deep in some areas for the little bikes but line choice solved that. Sunday there werent any of those issues as the track firmed up just a bit and they cut the track in half for the 50cc kids.
All in all I had a really good time. The track was just a hair rougher than I like but that means it was perfect. I need to train on rougher tracks to get better and practice the ruts. And it teaches kids like Austin to ride it like that from the get go. He actually loved it there and did very well.
Like any track being new to holding races like this there were some minor issues but nothing bad. The only thing I believe needs work is the track watering. The soil is very much clay based and gets hard and dusty easily. It was better than last year when I went for a practice day but still got just a bit too dusty in some spots for safety IMO.
All and all a great weekend at Rt62

Thanks for all your effort. My son and I had a great weekend!
Hershey how was the signup process? I wasn't able to be around that area and would like to have feedback And receiving awards also.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Sign up was good for the crowd you had, if it gets too much busier you might need some attention. But 2 windows for sign up worked good and it was fast. The one thing that might help now would be another table out front, it was too crowded to get sign up sheets.

The awards went smooth, if it were busier just open the second window for them.

You did well for the first race of the year. Some minor tweeks with watering and the track would be perfect.

Sign up was good for the crowd you had, if it gets too much busier you might need some attention. But 2 windows for sign up worked good and it was fast. The one thing that might help now would be another table out front, it was too crowded to get sign up sheets.

The awards went smooth, if it were busier just open the second window for them.

You did well for the first race of the year. Some minor tweeks with watering and the track would be perfect.
If you are talking about the stretch of track after start along treeline that's 100% my fault. When I redid that section I completely overlooked water road.

If you are talking about the stretch of track after start along treeline that's 100% my fault. When I redid that section I completely overlooked water road.

Yep, that was the worst area, the start could have used a little more too, just where you wanted to dig in and turn next to the building was dry and slippery. Not bad though. A couple other spots too but not bad at all either. The entire track was far better than when I came last year, huge improvement.

Yep, that was the worst area, the start could have used a little more too, just where you wanted to dig in and turn next to the building was dry and slippery. Not bad though. A couple other spots too but not bad at all either. The entire track was far better than when I came last year, huge improvement.
Not gonna make excuses but it was defiantly hotter Sunday than predicted. I think we need to shorten track a lil bit. A riders were 2:08 C riders were 2:15 With 27 classes that makes for a long day. There was 17 gate drops. Started practice at 8:30 (30 mins later than suppose to). Racing started at 10:05. Last gate drop was 3:58.

I thought it was about right. The long motos were out of the ordinary and fantastic IMO. You had plenty of time to race instead of sprint.

BTW, I forgot to mention the trophies!!!!

Engraved with the track name, date, class and what place! That is very rare anymore and a special touch.

Thought the track lay out was nice, pretty good flow. all I can say is need more flaggers lots of blind jumps, long track = more flaggers, a stand at finish line so the flagger can see both side of the jump. That nasty crash should have never happened and would not of happened if the flagger was in a high up stand verses on the jump face. 2 people missed the bike/rider on the ground but the third was not so lucky. both bikes look like junk after that but I think riders we ok. We will be back and had a good time. thanks for putting it on.

Yeah, a little more water after the 3rd or 4th second moto would have been perfect. not much cause there was moisture under the surface ( I saw the water truck stuck over there trying to water)

Had fun, will be back.......

Yeah, a little more water after the 3rd or 4th second moto would have been perfect. not much cause there was moisture under the surface ( I saw the water truck stuck over there trying to water)

That's where I messed up water road. I take full blame for that area.

I had several people tell me the yellow flag was out? Including the rider that originally wrecked. This is the area that I think most promoters get upset about. Riders think promoters are just blind to things that need done. Promoters know exactly what needs done. They spend ungodly amount of hours at their facility. Riders show up and see a couple of things that need done. I assure you we don't sit around eating Cheetos with an orange pee pee waiting on race day lol. However I sincerely appreciate ALL of the feedback from every rider that visits us. Don't take this as I'm bashing or pist off lol. I assure you I'm not!!

I was the kid that crashed in open C at the finish line. The yellow flag didn't go up until I was at the face of the jump, I had no choice but to continue my jump. All I saw when I approached the jump was the white flag. When I saw him in the middle of the jump I tried to jump off my bike in mid air to try to save the guy that was already down. I think he ended up being okay, but I went to the hospital with a concussion and a minor bruising in my kidneys. But all is good now.

I was 10 feet from the crash there was no yellow flag he was waving the white as riders were coming to the finish line jump - his back to the wreck, that was the reason people were running down the fence waving there arms and screaming, also the reason the first 2 about hit him or bike. Stood there watched it and yelled at the guy on the ground to get off the track. So we either had 2 lucky racers and 1 very unlucky racer that cleared the finish line jump on yellow flag that was not caught or no yellow flag? I am just a dad watching races till it is my sons turn, don't know either one of the racers involved in crash and i am not blaming the flager he had no idea what happened (reason for flag stand so he can see) I seen you all over the place, sometimes in 3 places at once making thinks happen- no time for Cheetos or pee breaks. again had fun and will be back.

I watched you on skid loader. Might wanna start with something like a riding mower first.. Baby steps

I'm not any good at all in that cat..... Hated the sluggish controls. I did fix it.
I'm too damn short to see anything. The dozer and loader is what I am best at. I did a ton of nice work at Hershey's with it .
I would have had that parking ,flat and packed in two hours

I'm not any good at all in that cat..... Hated the sluggish controls. I did fix it.
I'm too damn short to see anything. The dozer and loader is what I am best at. I did a ton of nice work at Hershey's with it .
I would have had that parking ,flat and packed in two hours
Don't take this the wrong way,I've been around equipment a long time and have come to the conclusion that if ur good u don't have to tell anybody,they already know,it's the people that tell u how good they are, are the ones not worth a damn! LOL

Don't take this the wrong way,I've been around equipment a long time and have come to the conclusion that if ur good u don't have to tell anybody,they already know,it's the people that tell u how good they are, are the ones not worth a damn! LOL
Im the best at EVERYTHING.

Back