CTMX Opinions

View attachment 51913

Aston Dickinson better ask for a refund from MTF cause he got beat from a poor local that cant afford 24K per year
Again, want to go fast?

image.png

Ashton a good kid from England. He crashed really hard on Sunday and still managed to do well. Knox, sorry I missed you, it was a busy weekend.

Last edited:
@grantsdad25 thanks for the compliments. You are correct about the trash cans in the middle and I dont think any of us thought about it until your post. Will be fixed next race!

As far as the hookups I think a normal camper takes about $10-15 per day in electricity, thats not including any extras and not factoring in the extra large RV's that were on site this weekend. So when youre averaging $15 in consumption just using the electric, plus water and the lot use its not too bad. That is a fee that is placed by the County Fairboard that CTMX has to live by.

$30 a night, unlimited power. Unlimited Water. Green grass in your pit area. No dust sticking to everything. Truck, yeah. Or lug your generator there and run it. And fill your tanks up to capacity and lug all that extra weight to the track....suck the fuel baby, suck it. Save the $90 for generator fuel, and maybe that new super expensive fox gear dungey wears. Or...pay the hook up fee. Set it, and forget it. And cruise by the dump station on your way out.

I made it work last year with a Van, roll down bed. Showers are provided. So you don't need the hook ups so to speak, but it's awesome they're available and $30 a day ain't bad. Go to the track, clean up at the track. Get home park and you're weekends over. But if I was in a rig, the $90 wouldn't stop me from using my rig to its full potential. Try to get a hook up site at a KOA for that many days...

Since most of the people that read on this site think all I do is bitch and blow smoke up a***s....well I did some KOA research for you real quick just to hammer my point about the cost of hookups. (DONT TELL CHILITOWN BOARD MEMBERS OR THEY'LL REALLY START HAMMERING IT TO YOU WITH THE FEES) SO here goes....Hey, take the family and your rig down to Key West for a luxuroius 4 night stay this weekend.....No RACING ALLOWED. No bands, but I've been to this facility before and it's super clean! Very nice....but still, you ain't racing at this place. And look at your motorhome estimate PER DAY, full hook ups....

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 4.39.03 PM.png

AAAND there's no angry old fogies griping up a storm because you're pressure washing your motorcycle on the CTMX premises....(I say this because some old witch at that KOA I swear was after me with a pitchfork and Fire, washed my bike, started it and let it idle for a few minutes, didn't rev it once....because--well I figured these people wouldn't want an outlaw like me down there ruining their peaceful environment) But still after she was done complaining you'd think I was slinging dope to the all the grandchildren, I was that kind of criminal!

Back to the suggestions because CTMX really sucks.

Last edited:
$30 a night, unlimited power. Unlimited Water. Green grass in your pit area. No dust sticking to everything. Truck, yeah. Or lug your generator there and run it. And fill your tanks up to capacity and lug all that extra weight to the track....suck the fuel baby, suck it. Save the $90 for generator fuel, and maybe that new super expensive fox gear dungey wears. Or...pay the hook up fee. Set it, and forget it. And cruise by the dump station on your way out.

I made it work last year with a Van, roll down bed. Showers are provided. So you don't need the hook ups so to speak, but it's awesome they're available and $30 a day ain't bad. Go to the track, clean up at the track. Get home park and you're weekends over. But if I was in a rig, the $90 wouldn't stop me from using my rig to its full potential. Try to get a hook up site at a KOA for that many days...

AMEN! Preach it brother!

Was Brock rocking the vforce3 ? ;)I figured that would be a WFO compress everything she has on the face land perfectly on the downside....

We're also talking about the only kid to do the table to table at Malvern on a super mini. Kids light as a feather and not afraid to hold it on..

@grantsdad25 thanks for the compliments. You are correct about the trash cans in the middle and I dont think any of us thought about it until your post. Will be fixed next race!

As far as the hookups I think a normal camper takes about $10-15 per day in electricity, thats not including any extras and not factoring in the extra large RV's that were on site this weekend. So when youre averaging $15 in consumption just using the electric, plus water and the lot use its not too bad. That is a fee that is placed by the County Fairboard that CTMX has to live by.
Thanks for the great event and please don't over focus on the suggestions part, because there was way more positive. I figured the cans were an oversite since it was a new addition and I'm sure you guys were flat out on more important things. Didn't want to see all you hard work tarnished with people’s trash. The hookup cost are not a big deal, trust me, it just caught me off guard at the time I guess. Fairboard controls it, not your problem, all good. Minor details in the grand scheme of what these weekends cost for those who show up and support the events. We'll see you in July.

Great event as always! Sign up was super easy and fast.

Track prep great! See you at the next one for sure.

As a vet rider, and parent of a JR 65 racer, I am not a fan of the "shape" of the single to table in the infield, or the "shape" doubles in the back. they bucked you too high IMO.

The single to table in the infield that some didn't like.....how about this:

It's going slightly uphill there. Put a small double in the straight, then a step-up into the turn. The current setup was just too big of a drop-off for the racers that weren't jumping it --- just no fun for them.

I did like the track changed around from last year. I do also agree with a few of the comments about too many inside "humps." The big one where the old first turn was is the biggest offender. That is a cool section now, coming down the fast straight and dropping off into the turn, don't need anything else there just let it be a turn and it will develop itself.

I liked the finish line section, that was fun and the different options there were pretty cool.

I still can't believe how much work you people get done there. Need to get your crew over my house for a week.

We were out of our league down there but the experience my son gained was priceless. To be on the gate with 38 of some of the nations best was just awesome! It definitely inspired him to ride harder & faster. I know some guys that put a lot of effort into set-up down there. It was very much appreciated and VERY WELL ORGANIZED! Thank you to the Clary family for inviting us down...It was worth the trip and we have no complaints here!

@Vet261 we have a great group of people who volunteer a lot of their time to the facility at CTMX. JSF is a great leader and has some unbelievable ideas that always seem too big to get done before that next race but they always happen it seems. Theres a lot of pride in our team and a lot of people who arent afraid to get things done.

With that said I think JSF and the heavy equipment operators broke ground a good 40-60 days before this race.....I know we were building the new tunnel and hanging the new speakers, etc in 30 degree weather with 20 MPH winds.

once again i applaud chillitown for another great weekend.you guys put in the work and it shows.just a few things i didnt like about the new layout.most has already been said in above post. not a fan of the double in the middle.witnessed to many people getting bucked on the lip.the jump itself is fine the take off is not.the track gets one lined in a lot of places.after finish line i could picture another set of straight rollers.thinking millville national type section.nothing thats going to stop us from coming back to all your events great job again guys

Back