Malvern Mx Track Layout Changes

I just want to send a big thank you out to Crash-N-Burn for serving! I read your thread about MX vs UFC. My brother did two tours but anyway track owners will make changes every year and not everyone likes its! Not even my son! He always seems to overcome the challenges and I see him and other young riders become better each year with the changes.

I am just of the opinion that not everyone should be jumping every obstical on the track. Just like everyone did not jump table to table. Even for those who may never attempt the "big jump" I think it's good to have something to want to do someday.

This statement here is why motocross has become so dangerous in my opinion. Not to bag on you Jason because i believe that is a shared view with most of the motocross community. If you held a race around two trash cans the fastest/best rider would still win so what is the point in having a jump big enough that only 12 people that came to your track would hit?

All these people talking about a jump...THAT THEY HAVE YET TO EVEN RIDE ON!!!! please people give the guy a damn chance for something before you burn it down after one practice!!!!!!!

So at this point my intension are to widen the first new corner off the start. Shorten up and change the angle of the second hill of the new triple. Push the corner after the triple out about 5 feet.

In reference to the 12 riders who were clearing the new jump. Out of the about 50 big bikes in attendance that were capable of doing it, 12 is about 25%. I would say that is about right. And that was only the first time on the track so that number will increase. Or think of it this way, all the A riders and about half the B riders were doing it. In my opinion, that's how it should be.

Ryan, I'm not being a smart a**. Serious question here. Are you telling me that you believe ALL jumps at a track should be so simple that every rider or at least the vast majority can clear them all regardless of their ability or experience?

I have been racing for about 25 years now and for as long as I can remember most tracks would have one or two larger or more challenging obstacles that would give riders something to work up to. Amherst, 330, pyumatuning, scenic, broken spokes, BC, spring valley, Beachwood, beans,and that's just off the top of my head.That sence of accomplishment when I would conquer each of them was priceless. Is motocross dangerous? Of course we all know it is but as far as motocross becoming more dangerous because of tracks, not in the last 25 years.

No we are all pussies. Make everything a damn table top. And forgiving. So some jackass can come screaming out on lap 3 with mega arm pump, and nose dive into the forgiving landing and kill himself because the jackass didn't have any business trying it in the first place.

You know since I'm an expert on these topics. How bout we put a huge sign near the face of that triple: "danger there is plausibility of injury"

Or how bout "your girlfriend is watching" just to thin the herd? That release we sign into the gate covers everything anyway right ?!

No we are all pussies. Make everything a damn table top. And forgiving. So some jackass can come screaming out on lap 3 with mega arm pump, and nose dive into the forgiving landing and kill himself because the jackass didn't have any business trying it in the first place.

You know since I'm an expert on these topics. How bout we put a huge sign near the face of that triple: "danger there is plausibility of injury"

Or how bout "your girlfriend is watching" just to thin the herd? That release we sign into the gate covers everything anyway right ?!

And yet another stupid post georgie

New triple is sweeet. Thankful that Malvern provides some real jumps around here. New layout really gives a national style feel. Highpoint, baja, and redbud all have similar style jumps that you are either gonna do or not, and those happen to be the best tracks around.
Good thing about triples is no one is forcing you to order it, you can get a single or double if you'd like.
image.png

I knew BJ would be back. He who hates the pit racer keyboard discussions.

I agree there are always jumps people won't do. But if a transition from the second to third jump can be smoothed out to help guys doubling it, don't think anyone would have an issue with that.
Just don't change the step up In the back coming up the hill. My opinion that's one of the best jumps in Ohio.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

No but you sent me private messages physically threatening me. And it seems you almost do to MMR as well here. Violence over an opinion is not cool.

And Meister is dead on....there was a group of us talking all this at the track weds and no one got upset. Jason was even there for part of it.

Hey Georgie, i like you, and i hope you let him borrow your bike because i would love for him to put me over a berm. But may you should read hersheys post again, in case you missed it, i enlarged it and made the text red for you.

Back