Western Reserve Shoot Out May 14-15

O_M_A

Noob
After a good weekend of racing lets get amped up for another!! This weekend's OMA race will be at Western Reserve!
Below is the weekend schedule!

Saturday May 14th
Open Practice: 9:00am – 2:00
Race Sign-up: 9:00am – 3:00 only
Race Practice: 3:00pm – Racing to follow
*Quads and PW50’s (shaft drive class) only, will race on Saturday.

Sunday May 15th
Gates Open/Sign-up Starts: 7:00am
Practice: 9:00am
Race: 11:00am
Sign-up Closes: 10:00am

Additional information can be found at www.westernreservemc.com.
On behalf of Western Reserve Motorcycle Club, we look forward to seeing you at the races!
image.jpeg

1. Can we show up Friday night to camp for the weekend?

2. Will you run a non-points "bomber/non-current" class on Sunday? Always loved racing my older bikes there. Understand if no, I'll just run it in a vet class if needed.

1. Yes, you are more than welcome to stay Friday night as well. Plenty of members will already be staying. $10 gate fee for entire weekend.

2. If there is any interest in a Bomber class, we need to gauge the interest here as soon as possible. The reason being is that we "build" the race structure used for the transponders in the computer system prior to race day. Since bikes are running on Sunday we may have an extra day to have that included. I will check with the fellows that set up the system.

If there is any interest from anyone for that class, please post it in this thread.

image.jpeg

Western Reserve is always working to make and keep their dirt great! This spring, the members of Western Reserve Motorcycle Club have been working sawdust, leaves, and other materials into the dirt to give it the tacky intermediate conditions that racers love. You’re going to hook up so hard your clutch is going to blow to pieces!!

Some may come for that dirt, others for the old school MX layout or the No Wimps chili, but I heard a rumor the best reason to head there this weekend is the bad ass karaoke Saturday night (and I do predict bad).

image.jpeg

Western Reserve may be in Ohio, but their not flat landers! Their valley allows for a great track layout that compliments the elevation changes and allows rain water to drain quickly. You’ll love the flowing layout!!

image.jpeg

The double beside the pavilion is a favorite of racers at Western Reserve Motorcycle Club. The face of this double will throw you up nicely and the landing, which extends down a hill, is very forgiving. The jump is fun for experienced riders and challenging for beginners who are ready to start making a decent sized leap. They have seen many beginners jump like a dead sailor over this jump in the past, but when they roll of the track, they’re smiling ear to ear and proud of what they accomplished.

It's been probably 10-11 years since we have had quads on our MX track. Hope everyone comes out and gives us a try this weekend.

Gates open about 3:00 today for anyone wanting to stay the weekend.

It's been probably 10-11 years since we have had quads on our MX track. Hope everyone comes out and gives us a try this weekend.

Gates open about 3:00 today for anyone wanting to stay the weekend.

We were planning on coming out tonight to camp for the weekend but the rain forecasted to come overnight will probably change our plans to waiting and seeing what happens. Any update on track conditions or potential schedule changes would be greatly appreciated!

image.jpeg

Western Reserve is all ready and can’t wait for the hot dog cookout Saturday night! The dogs will be cooking, a bonfire will be blazing, maybe some music playing and I’m sure some bench racing. If you’re a vegan, please come hang out. We’ll toast you up a hotdog bun or accommodate you the best we can.

We were planning on coming out tonight to camp for the weekend but the rain forecasted to come overnight will probably change our plans to waiting and seeing what happens. Any update on track conditions or potential schedule changes would be greatly appreciated!
As of last night were were HOPING for some rain. The track needs some water right now and some rain will help cut down on how much we need to use the water trucks.

Anyone familiar with WRMC knows it's an old school style layout with a lot of elevation changes and goes back in the woods. Takes a bit to get the water trucks in some of those locations, but we'll get it done. Rain would be our friend right now.

How's the track looking? Raining pretty good where I'm at and it doesn't look like it's going to stop for awhile.

With the last band of rain that came through we have cancelled Open Practice.
We are still racing this afternoon with practice at 3:00 and racing to follow.

It is no longer raining and with the wind blowing the track will be good.

The track is coming around good. Zack is heading out to ride right now and he does not like the mud so that should speak volumes.

Last edited:
Back