Extremely Disappointed

L_M892

Noob
Was very disappointed with my trip to Western Reserve today. I knew what I was getting into with the track, and honestly it was pretty good for the amount of rain they recieved. What I am upset with is how they run the facility. When TV Land had their Oma open practice, they fit people into 4 groups. There was maybe 1/4 of the people today, but yet we were split into 6 groups! Thats un called for when there were two practices with only 2 bikes in them. Also, they started later, which I do understand with weather, but then the 6 groups on top of it, we only got to go out on the track 3 times. Now that brings me right around to my next b*tch. I paid a $10 gate fee, then a $20 practice fee. I went out on the track 3 times, and was pulling out by 2:30. Practice had just ended and quads were rolling in to race. I was told that if I left before the quad race started Id be re funded the $10 gate fee. However when pulling out I was told that my re fund was voided becuase I went on the track. So here is why Im upset, today cost me $30 to ride(almost everywhere is $25) a muddy track(I knew that going in but was ok with it) 3 times all day. Thats right, $10 a time to enter the track. Thats ludacrist.
End Rant.

went here last year for the first time and had a similar experience I think we went out for two sessions then next thing you know last session. I believe it was a Wednesday night and there was plenty of day light left to ride it really seemed like everyone thay was working just wanted to get into that club house and guzzle beers. I love the track though and it would be nice to ride there more

It was just practice? What's the 10bucks for?
I believe they charge the $10 gate fee because they were racing later in the day. I know malvern does it. It's just so people don't go in and practice and stick around to watch the races without paying the gate fee. I think every time I've gone to wrmc in the past 5 years I've had similar experiences. The layout is fun and it's always challenging. I think it's more due to the crew not wanting to be there working. I'm always rushed out and practice cut short, and 7 times out of 10, the prep isn't up to par, and I'm not one to bitch about prep. That being said, there have been times I had a great experience. It all seems to depend on the day. Some days are great, some suck. It never seems like there is a happy medium. As far as not getting your money back, that's absolute bullshit.

Tracks need be better with this issue if you charge for sat and sun. But leave sat after race give sun money back and take wrist band. I went to pleasure valley on Saturday, but had to be to work at 3 so just watch 1st motos of llaq. When i left they said i couldn't have my sun money back until sat racing was over. Why would it matter when i leave?

it should not matter one bit when you leave if they take your wristband.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

I heard the racing went smoothly. And the track was very good considering the amount of rain.

2nd motos were great. Got a few texts throughout the day. Really bummed I didn't go now.

Last edited:
Was very disappointed with my trip to Western Reserve today. I knew what I was getting into with the track, and honestly it was pretty good for the amount of rain they recieved. What I am upset with is how they run the facility. When TV Land had their Oma open practice, they fit people into 4 groups. There was maybe 1/4 of the people today, but yet we were split into 6 groups! Thats un called for when there were two practices with only 2 bikes in them. Also, they started later, which I do understand with weather, but then the 6 groups on top of it, we only got to go out on the track 3 times. Now that brings me right around to my next b*tch. I paid a $10 gate fee, then a $20 practice fee. I went out on the track 3 times, and was pulling out by 2:30. Practice had just ended and quads were rolling in to race. I was told that if I left before the quad race started Id be re funded the $10 gate fee. However when pulling out I was told that my re fund was voided becuase I went on the track. So here is why Im upset, today cost me $30 to ride(almost everywhere is $25) a muddy track(I knew that going in but was ok with it) 3 times all day. Thats right, $10 a time to enter the track. Thats ludacrist.
End Rant

L_M892 - We are sorry you were not happy with your first visit to our facility. In all honesty, we had posted on our website, Facebook and on Pitracer that we would be charging everyone entering the practice on Saturday a $10 gate fee, which would be refunded if you left before the afternoon racing started. If you left at 2:30 and did not get your gate fee back, the person working the gate was mistaken. PM thru Pitracer and I will see that you get your gate fee refunded.

We struggled a bit with the rain on Saturday and once we disc'd it initially decided to cancel but the riders who had already signed up for practice wanted to ride so we obliged and moved forward with practice, a couple hours late but did knock $5 off of the practice price.

Regardless of what the weather is like, rider safety is our first concern. We will not send mini quads out with big quads, and likewise will not send small bikes out with big, especially because our track does go out into the woods and with some parts out of sight from parents.

We did have six groups and ran ten minute sessions so everyone should have got out once an hour. Practice was originally scheduled to end at 2:30 but we did extend that to closer to 3:00.

Quad and PW50 racing started at 4:00.

As far as your comparison with TV Land practice, I was told that they combined 85, 65 and JR and SR pee wee, as well as had PW50’s on a separate track, which would explain fewer classes.

In regards to the opinion from another poster that some of our track workers seem like they did not want to be there, I would like to point out that most of that group (which is all volunteer) worked prepping the facility from Thursday evening until Sunday afternoon (I just got home two hours ago). If we didn’t want to be there, we wouldn’t do it.

Again, I apologize if your experience on Saturday did not meet your expectations, but feel free to message me and I will see that you receive a refund or a half dozen tickets to any of our remaining events this year (MX, flat track or hare scramble)

The folks at WR work their butts off to make things happen and it's really all, as far as I
can tell, for love of the sport. Yea, they are a largely a bunch of old pharts and don't smile
and blow smoke up your butt but don't take that for not wanting to be there. My wife
makes that mistake with me all the time, I'm being a curmudgeon and she thinks I'm
being an idiot. Don't fall for it.

I have no idea what went on Saturday but I know the club members are only there
to make it so you can ride.

After a long weekend getting ready for a paper making trade show in Cincinnati, I decided to hop on and see what information PitRacer had to offer tonight.

The title "Extremely Disappointed" caught my attention. I read on and I find out it is about $10.00 and wanting a little more track time.

Perspective, it cost me $16.00 to park, $7.50 for a drink, and Skyline Chili cost another $12.00 on my drive home. I am sure the $30 bucks to get to ride a dirt bike was a lot more fun than the $35 I spent working today.

Last edited:
Every one of the track workers we talked to were really friendly. They did the best they could Saturday with what was delt, every time the track started to shape up we would get another shower. Thanks again for including us quads.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

While I understand the concern about the gate fee refund and am impressed with how Western Reserve has chosen to deal with it by wanting to make it right. I think thier club members did a fantastic job this weekend. The place looked amazing Friday night. It was obvious that they had put a ton of man hours into getting ready so things would be at their best. Good job guys!!

Sunday was great.
Last year I kinda wrote off wanting to race there anymore after a bad practice session, but I'm glad I changed my mind.
Enjoyed that table stepdown change.

Welcome to Pitracer L_M892, nice first post. We have been to plenty of open practices at other OMA tracks, particularly before Battle races or qualifiers and have paid $25 practice fee plus a gate fee (of more than $10) knowing we would only get three practice sessions.

It's not always the number of bikes or quads, it's the number of different bikes or quads that will dictate practice groups. There is no way if my kid is on a PW50 that he is going to be on the track the same time as an 85, let alone big bikes. It doesn't matter if there are two PW50's or twenty, they need to be separated for their safety. Same goes for the other size bikes/quads.

Welcome to Pitracer L_M892, nice first post. We have been to plenty of open practices at other OMA tracks, particularly before Battle races or qualifiers and have paid $25 practice fee plus a gate fee (of more than $10) knowing we would only get three practice sessions.

It's not always the number of bikes or quads, it's the number of different bikes or quads that will dictate practice groups. There is no way if my kid is on a PW50 that he is going to be on the track the same time as an 85, let alone big bikes. It doesn't matter if there are two PW50's or twenty, they need to be separated for their safety. Same goes for the other size bikes/quads.
More like welcome to pitbitch haha:D:eek:

First, this is in no way a complaint about any of WRMC crew (maybe the one working the gate.) I met of couple of members on Saturday and they were all very friendly. Also, I am not upset with initially paying the gate fee when entering a facility, as I expect to pay that when going somewhere on their racing weekend. However, when I am expecting to be refunded and I am not it is upsetting. When leaving I sat at the gate for 15 minutes while the person running the gate called around to see if I got a refund. His final answer was "Your refund was voided because your motorcycle went on the track." And its only $10, this alone wouldn't have upset me, but the poor time management on top of it is what got me. I understand trying to keep everyone safe, but when there are only 2 cobra 50's and 2 85's and each gets their own practice, that's a little too much. So with that and the extra $10, I found it absurd that I paid $1 per minute of track time. WRMC facility and track are great, but there is no track worth paying $1 per minute of track time.

Again, if you left before the racing started you should have been refunded your gate fee and whomever was working the gate at that time was mistaken. Our weekly meetings are on Thursday evening and we will find out how the bad information was passed along.

The offer still stands to PM us through Pitracer and we will make this right with your gate fee. Thanks for coming out Saturday.

Back