Pre-Register for Vintage Motorcycle Days

Alex186

PR Member
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Lexington, Ohio
July 8-10, 2016

Pre-register for racing here... https://secure.tracksideonlineresults.com/amavintage/
New for 2016
- Mini road racing added to the program (non-national championship) www.ohiominiroadracingleague.com
- Friday night Pit Bike Oval TT racing in the infield
- Beer Garden
- Bike Builder Displays

Same great fun:
- Motorcycle Trials Exhibition
- Largest Vintage Swap meet in the country
- Demo Rides
- Wall of Death
- Raffle Bikes

Learn more at www.americanmotorcyclist.com

The powers that be are trying to attract more fans and people to the infield area (mostly where all the vendors are). They came up with the idea for a mini-bike, dirt track, oval race, TT, hell I don't know what to call it race, on Friday Night. Hopefully similar to the pit bike race that broke out last year.

I haven't been told have any of the specifics but I should be pretty laid back and fun. It will be in the infield, in the field over by the wall of death and I believe there is a viewing deck over there.

The powers that be are trying to attract more fans and people to the infield area (mostly where all the vendors are). They came up with the idea for a mini-bike, dirt track, oval race, TT, hell I don't know what to call it race, on Friday Night. Hopefully similar to the pit bike race that broke out last year.

I haven't been told have any of the specifics but I should be pretty laid back and fun. It will be in the infield, in the field over by the wall of death and I believe there is a viewing deck over there.
The Redneck MUD PIT race was primarily fueled by BEER. Maybe free beer would work.............

they just listed the rules in an email I received to day,some of the basics here;
2 classes 50cc-90cc and 91cc-125cc
four stroke or oil injected 2 stroke,oil injection cannot be removed or bypassed
must be an AMA member or purchase a one day competition pass
18 and older,full gear required
$15 for one class $25 for both

Thanks Alex for the reminder and the link.
For those of you who haven't race registered yet, Alex's link to the AMA registration seems to me to be much easier than using the Xtreme Racer registration site that they used in the past.

My class's
Friday
Hare Scramble/CC-...........................PV-86-200cc B/C class

Saturday
Vintage MX.....................................250cc B/C
Vintage MX....................................Super Senior 50+ B

Sunday
PV...............................................Senior 40+ B
PV...............................................Super Senior 50+ B

Just like last year and the year before, the Mid-Ohio tickets link didn't get me anywhere, and I'll have to call the AMA offices directly to order our weekend tickets. I always have to dig to find my password that I used the previous year, of which it won't recognize, and I had to re-open my account, and then while trying to purchase tickets I hit a dead end.

I'm excited to race at Vintage Days again this year, but as usual, I'm racing the clock to get ready:(.
We have found that racing the different bikes and disciplines that we do is a hell of a lot of work and money. May, June and July pass with amazing speed, and it seems that as soon as Vintage Days is over, the season begins the wind down to Winter from there. And it's starts all over again.

Last edited:
Signed up for 2 PV classes today and called to order my weekend pass at a discount, crazy that you can't buy it online, the women I spoke to could barely speak some kind of English.

We have a secret/surprise entry this year for a person that has never raced the event! That's all I'm going to say other than you all will really enjoy watching him race and you have never seen something like this at Mid Ohio before this year!

BTW I think I'm only racing Non Current classes this year. Just don't feel like dealing with another bike --- they look so nice up on the rack, shame to get them dirty!

Just got our weekend admission pass's ordered.
As mentioned last night, tried purchasing last night online, but the Mid ohio website wouldn't process it. I just called AMA's number for the ticket sales (the 1-800-262-5646) and the gal told me they are no longer selling the tickets, and that I would now have to buy them directly from Mid-Ohio.

I just got off the phone with Mid-Ohio ticket counter. She processed our order for 3 weekend pass's, at $60 each plus the $8.99 processing fee, $188.99 OUCH ! (although one of these being paid for by the daughter).

I'm angry at myself for not getting this done sooner to take advantage of the discount rate, and I've never understood the bullshit $8.99 processing fee. (I'm just now remembering they usually FedEx the tickets to your house).

Oh well, suck it up. That's racing! (self talk :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Jack and I are in! Also signed up for the ride and dinner to the dirt track racing in Ashland.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I've been using a Camelbak for a few years now. It's been a lifesaver in the mid-Ohio Hare Scrambles and Action Sports GP races numerous times. I wouldn't even consider racing without it now.

NQ1965 said:
I've never understood the bullshit $8.99 processing fee.

That's why the AMA negotiated with Mid-Ohio for the ability to sell tickets directly to members a few years ago. Not only does it allow us to offer a modest discount, but since the AMA processes the orders, we can eliminate the fee. We are only allowed to offer the discount up to a certain date, however. After that date, you have to purchase your tickets from Mid-Ohio, and we have no say in their fees, etc.

Mike said:
crazy that you can't buy it online, the women I spoke to could barely speak some kind of English

If you're referring to the AMA's ecommerce system, sorry about that. I agree with you. It is not user friendly, particularly the requisite account log-in process. An upgrade to the ecommerce system, the association management software that supports it and the website is in the works.

Regarding the language critique, I apologize if we didn't communicate clearly. What I can assure you is the AMA call center is located in Pickerington, and all of our reps are native English speakers.

NQ1965 said:
Alex's link to the AMA registration seems to me to be much easier than using the Xtreme Racer registration site that they used in the past.

Good to know. Personally, I was not a fan of the user interface used by XTRM in recent years. Alex, and others in the racing department, get credit for moving us to Trackside for 2016.

What I do miss is the ability to see who I'm racing against in the hare scramble.

Mike said:
The Redneck MUD PIT race was primarily fueled by BEER. Maybe free beer would work.

We have added a craft beer garden in the infield this year. (And live music.) However, Track Manager Ken Saillant who's running the pit bike TT will DQ you if you partake BEFORE the race. And it's not free. (If you find a race that includes free beer, let me know.) Did I mention VMD is a fundraiser for the Hall of Fame?

Definitely do the pit bike race, though. If you sign up for the right class, you just might find yourself lined up next to a bonafide GNC Nat'l No holder, but that's all I'll say about that... https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07ecna5ch3ac5ffc51&oseq=&c=&ch=

See you all at VMD...

James
AMA

Hey guys... just a quick update. This was something I worked hard to get and succeeded. I'm working to get the website updated.

In the past, if you had a minor wanting to race at Mid-Ohio. Mid-Ohio forced us to have all the minors pre-registered a month ahead of time with a Mid-Ohio minor release and a AMA annual minor release, both notarized sent into the offices. We could not take any post entries. Good news... we have now agreed to have Mid-Ohio recognize the AMA annual minor release and nothing more. We, the AMA, can fill out a annual minor release at the event (if both parents are there, if not they can print the release, fill it out and bring it). So for the first time in VMD history (to my knowledge) we have the ability to sign up minors at the event. Hopefully this will help get more youth riders to the race. This took me months to get worked out. I'm excited. Hopefully this will help me get more youth classes for next year. So bring out those 80s and 100s sign up for the youth 12-15 class, if we have a decent turnout, I can make the argument to expand those classes.

Also, pre-registration closes I believe the beginning of July, so don't miss the opportunity to save some $$$

The Post-Vintage Youth (12-15) Class basically allows anything without disc brakes from 69cc to 80cc.

If you really want youths to race you may want to allow up to 125cc, or at least 100cc. Just a suggestion.

Hey guys... just a quick update. This was something I worked hard to get and succeeded. I'm working to get the website updated.

In the past, if you had a minor wanting to race at Mid-Ohio. Mid-Ohio forced us to have all the minors pre-registered a month ahead of time with a Mid-Ohio minor release and a AMA annual minor release, both notarized sent into the offices. We could not take any post entries. Good news... we have now agreed to have Mid-Ohio recognize the AMA annual minor release and nothing more. We, the AMA, can fill out a annual minor release at the event (if both parents are there, if not they can print the release, fill it out and bring it). So for the first time in VMD history (to my knowledge) we have the ability to sign up minors at the event. Hopefully this will help get more youth riders to the race. This took me months to get worked out. I'm excited. Hopefully this will help me get more youth classes for next year. So bring out those 80s and 100s sign up for the youth 12-15 class, if we have a decent turnout, I can make the argument to expand those classes.

Also, pre-registration closes I believe the beginning of July, so don't miss the opportunity to save some $$$
Good job! Jack and I narrowly missed the deadline a few times years ago...I know there is a "special" kid racing this year! Stay tuned .....

If you really want youths to race you may want to allow up to 125cc, or at least 100cc. Just a suggestion.

There are already classes in place for 100cc and 125cc bikes. Granted they are not specific to YOUTH only but 12 year old + can race them.

The big deal this year was actually making the PV Youth class and bringing in a whole new range of bikes that haven't been racing there before -- 80cc bikes.

Back