Track Alienation and Communication

NQ1965

PR Elite
My wife and I live a VERY hectic weekly schedule, as I know, many of you do as well.

Some time ago I printed off the different online schedules (for the wife and I) of the tracks, Race series' as well as racing organizations (ex AHRMA , OMA, etc.), so that we could mark up our calendars ahead of time.

Unable to get to many of the current MX races, I'm constantly looking at what opportunities we have to get our grandkids riding time at different locations, and even racing opportunities.
I've been hoping to get them some time at our most local tracks, BC or Rt.62 in particular, since they are easy hits.

I thought it kind of odd that Rt62 hasn't posted anything lately. I just realized by poking around that RT62, ran an open practice on Monday, but did not post on Pitracer ?
They did however post on their Facebook acct.

MY POINT: We may not always get to support our Ohio tracks 100% of the time, but man, it's almost criminal that they would be choosing to not utilize the Greatest Dirt Bike Website in the whole eastern US: PITRACER for making announcements.

This is too important for us the riders and racers, and way too important for the track owners to be having issues that keep them from posting on here.

PLEASE COME BACK !

Last edited:
Lol.......This has been hashed out almost as much as C class sand bagging. Ive been called an a*****e for suggesting exactly what you are saying here. Facebook is the do all to end all of track marketing in some promoters eyes. Its too easy to post to facebook from here for them as well but its to no avail. Use FB by all means it is a good tool but PR is a much better one for reaching the TARGET audience and not 500 non riding friends. Use both and any other menas possible to get the word out, just dont rely on FB alone.

You cant lead a horse to the water!

Tracks that like to make it hard for people to find out when they are open confuse me, but what can you do. Can lead the horse to water but you know.. drinking the free water is hard.

Wow I'm terribly sorry I destroyed your world. I got signed out of pr and couldn't get signed back in. I've spent the last 20 mins typing in every password I had. @Bill480 your suppose to be an administrator? Your comments are very inviting to get tracks to post on here. Wahhh I didn't see a track was open Wahhh you gotta be kidding me lol

P.S.
WBLNL

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Last edited:
As a track owner you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by posting on this free website. I don't know how many times that needs to be spelled out for you
laugh.gif

Today I also learned that having my first name and number as my username on here is me trying to hide behind something :eek:

Wow I'm terribly sorry I destroyed your world. I got signed out of pr and couldn't get signed back in. I've spent the last 20 mins typing in every password I had. @Bill480 your suppose to be an administrator? Your comments are very inviting to get tracks to post on here. Wahhh I didn't see a track was open Wahhh you gotta be kidding me lol

P.S.
WBLNL

You know Lonnie I think the "experts" should of been asked the question is rt 62 open this weekend. They seem to know all. As far as PitRacer YES IT IS A GREAT TOOL but I don't think people realize how good social media is as well. When I post a video for a track and it reaches 10k people in 3 days that is in and
outside Ohio I think that is good as well. I will again say all FREE advertising is good advertising. But why come and post on here for a cry baby fest?!?

You know Lonnie I think the "experts" should of been asked the question is rt 62 open this weekend. They seem to know all. As far as PitRacer YES IT IS A GREAT TOOL but I don't think people realize how good social media is as well. When I post a video for a track and it reaches 10k people in 3 days that is in and
outside Ohio I think that is good as well. I will again say all FREE advertising is good advertising. But why come and post on here for a cry baby fest?!?
There was a lot of riders showed up Monday without posting on here. I honestly did try to post on here but couldn't.

There was a lot of riders showed up Monday without posting on here. I honestly did try to post on here but couldn't.

I always try to post for the tracks I work with. But sometimes things do get ahead of track owners. Not a lot of people understand the time, hard work, stress, frustration it takes to run a track.

As a track owner you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by posting on this free website. I don't know how many times that needs to be spelled out for you
laugh.gif

Today I also learned that having my first name and number as my username on here is me trying to hide behind something :eek:
Oh ok. Again I did try to post on here. I always have posted on here. First time in a while I didn't post on here. WBLNL

Sorry. Hershey, Georgie and I were all out supporting a track riding over the weekend. Hershey and I like always bring more than one rider with us too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

And let me tell you a little something about Lonnie I've known him for a while now and he puts his heart and soul into that track and so what he forgot to post practice one time and everyone wants to cause a big stink if anyone even realizes the amount of time this man puts into his track you would give them a break

Sorry. Hershey, Georgie and I were all out supporting a track riding over the weekend. Hershey and I like always bring more than one rider with us too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app
The ONLY reason it did not get posted on here is I could not get signed back in. I know the "PR MAFIA" would love there to be a more exciting reason for not posting, Maybe next time. WBLNL

And let me tell you a little something about Lonnie I've known him for a while now and he puts his heart and soul into that track and so what he forgot to post practice one time and everyone wants to cause a big stink if anyone even realizes the amount of time this man puts into his track you would give them a break
Thank you. But remember... WBLNL

The ONLY reason it did not get posted on here is I could not get signed back in. I know the "PR MAFIA" would love there to be a more exciting reason for not posting, Maybe next time. WBLNL

Easiest way is to type in user name at log in and click on " forgot password " . Sends a email with a new password . Darn experts couldn't even offer up that info , they are slipping !

This topic is so dumb if I'm looking for somewhere to ride in going to look where tracks post that there open I'm not going on Facebook and looking at a bunch of dumb crap that everyone else that doesn't ride motocross post

Back