BC 7-2 & 7-3

image.jpeg

Bday double v2

You've been busy!
Started at 7am.....spent 7 hours on trails, all cleaned up except mudhole by pond, planning a bridge there, maybe tomorrow morning. Bannered lanes, designated new entrance exit, arrows, etc. I drove the Tahoe through them, they are plenty wide. Started watering at 3pm, just got done, 84,000 gallons. It was dry. Took a 3 hour break from watering, when help showed up, to build the double take off. I have spent a few hours down here this week.

New jump looks cool. Where is that on the track?
Same place it was before, after the right hander following the rollers in the bottom. The banked berm (right hander) is now a flat turn, I used all of it and then some.

Open today 11-5pm, $25 per rider, expect sessions at 1-2pm depending on the need for prep. A/B, C, & Mini like normal, 15-20 minutes each. Not necessarily in that order, but you get the idea.

Should be a copy of yesterday. Overcast and cool, perfect track. Open 11-5pm. My future cast doesn't show rain till tonight. Not open tomorrow.

Should be a copy of yesterday. Overcast and cool, perfect track. Open 11-5pm. My future cast doesn't show rain till tonight. Not open tomorrow.

Track was great, boy had a blast and got some serious laps in. Would be back today if I didn't have so much honey do stuff to tackle! Anyone that heads out today will have great weather and conditions.

woods was great, I normally don't care if woods trails are groomed, I just want to say I really appreciate what you did with the woods loop.. wish I could have made it back today

Thanks everyone, all in all a great weekend to ride. Saturday was awesome, moist, rough, challenging.....Epic. Overcast skies and cool. Sunday was good early, then I decided to roll the dice and go with no mid day prep, just like Saturday, it didn't work out that well today. It did get dusty today, and that was my fault. It wasn't out of control, but its not how I like to see it. It did change on us pretty quick, which is normal, once you know you got a problem its too late. Still good riding, I'm just picky. I like the kids track, I appreciate everyones input on the layout, I might have to tweak it some to get the truck around it, but I will keep the same concept. Trails.....single best time spent all year. I hope the rain this week doesn't wreck them, I would like to get back in there next weekend to ride, I almost got a raccoon yesterday.....twice. Stupid varmit actually didn't think I would take a second lap.....but I missed him....maybe next time.

Honestly I would like to dedicate a bigger area for the peewee track so we could uncork it and add some whoops or rollers. But its not that easy, It would have to go to the upper woods, which is kind of far away. Too many tradeoffs there. I will figure it out.

There seems to be a decent turn out of peewee kids every time we come. So you're doing it right!

The boy was even able to practice his starts coming from over by the gravel and connecting at the Track Direction corner. Worked out great. If you have a spare gate you should toss one over there. Lol.

I doubt you do, but if you need a hand any time I've got a bunch of local minions (age 5-9) that would love to help do the mundane stuff during the week lol. We are only 20 mins out.

There seems to be a decent turn out of peewee kids every time we come. So you're doing it right!

The boy was even able to practice his starts coming from over by the gravel and connecting at the Track Direction corner. Worked out great. If you have a spare gate you should toss one over there. Lol.

I doubt you do, but if you need a hand any time I've got a bunch of local minions (age 5-9) that would love to help do the mundane stuff during the week lol. We are only 20 mins out.

Let me ask you this, if we were to make all the jumps on the C track more table like, meaning no drop offs, would the kids rather ride it, and alternate big bikes and little bikes every 20 minutes? And possibly just do away with the little track? At some point I wonder if the little track is really serving a purpose or just making for the fact that we don't do sessions on the C track? Just a random thought. BTW, we do have another gate. However, we are restricted by insurance to not use the gate during practice weekends.....lawyers.

My boy likes the medium track, he doesn't mind the drop offs as he ramps off the back sides lol. Most kids seem ok with rolling the back sides how they are. I usually try to wait until it slows down a bit out there before I let him go out. I think the current set up is perfect. He gets around good, all the riders that have been out with him have been great, so I think sessions would annoy the bigger bikes, while not getting alot of use from the little fellas.

I see plenty of kids on the peewee track that aren't ready for the medium track and very few that go back and forth between the two. So I don't think doing away with it would be a good thing and switching to sessions.

He would enjoy going out on a smoothed out medium track because with his tiny KTM he gets hung up, but I just tell him he has to learn how to navigate them. I need to grab my buddies TTR 110 and just go out to the medium track with him and push him. Now that he gained that confidence on the jumps of the new peewee layout I think he will be ready for more time on the medium track. He wanted nothing to do with trying the big track during the small bike session, which I was fine with.

and I'll end with stupid lawyers...

Pee wee track is fine for the little guys but if it were mine I would run session on both the c and main track. Maybe round some of the back sides like you said on the c track. Then level the pee wee track and build a amateur friendly supercross track. That is the perfect area for it. Move the equipment staging area and extend it down into the open area between the main track and the tabletop on the C.
Either way, sessions please. Most if not all the big bikes on the C were VERY good and looked out for the little ones but I cringe every time I see a little one tank swap on the backside of the table.
Track was great yesterday. It's Ohio. We are use to a little dust in the afternoon

Back