CTMX Battle for Ohio Round 2 July 15th-17th

I will take a little dust over unraceable mud.

My son was racing that schoolboy class on his 125. He was in like 15th, and for the whole motor had like 4 in front of him and 4 in back of him, that if anyone slipped up they lost 5 positions. Crazy mid pack battles. Loved watching Matthew slice through the section next to the start and gain 4 positions on the last lap. The last race that would not be possible.

Now 2017, make schoolboy a 125 class!! 250Fs have other classes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

Now here is another one all for the extra money out of our pockets for the so called event. But I get the feeling from looking at your post on how was the pro class, that like George who is also all for the transponder and wasn't there. That you weren't at the event either. Maybe next year you should lobby for a pressure washer tax in the pits. After all it is an event and why not pay a few more bucks for a clean bike. What's a fare tax? What about $10 and don't forget to add $5 if I pay with a credit card.
I had a good time but it's not Loretta's or Mini-O's so I'm sure we could do with out the transponders. Also the gate fee seems to be creeping up a little isnt it? And I'm not complaining about camping $30 is fare.
Area 51 Can-Am is an event! Less money, more track time, and swag is being given back to the riders. Not left over crap but true prizes ( tires, goggles, gear, backpacks, loading ramps, stands.)
Please don't continue to over price a fun weekend.

Your right I was not able to attend, and not because of the $20 transponder fee, but because my bike is blown up. Had either of my bikes been running I would have been there. I agree that the costs of things seems to be going up, but its not only in the moto world. Things in this world keep getting more and more technologically advanced and it raises the price, but also makes our lives a little bit easier. Have you ever tried to score a race? Me neither, but i have watched the scoring ladies and its not easy (kudos to you ladies). Next time your at the track, sit there and watch every rider come by and write down their numbers, every lap, every moto.

Are you one of the people who think McDonalds workers deserve $15 hour when they cant even make a cheeseburger right?

The rest of this goes to everyone:

Heres my point...... No matter what happens someone will always be upset. The bigger races cost more for the vendor so they charge more. Not every track gets support like Area 51 gets. Nor is every event gonna be the same and be able to offer the same prizes. Life isnt fair, just ask Hershey he is always reminding me of that:D. Some things are cheaper than others (some are more expensive), some are better (some are worse), some are bigger (some are smaller), i think you get the point.

Tracks are businesses too and have to make money to stay afloat. Otherwise their names will show up on the deceased track list that continues to grow. And by all means, if you think you can run a event better, and cheaper, please do so afterwards we can all let you know how we feel about it. If you shall succeed, you will be the PITRACER HERO, however if you shall fail, maybe you will respect the track owners a little more and appreciate the efforts they make to hold a big event and make it as smooth as they can.

I will take a little dust over unraceable mud.

My son was racing that schoolboy class on his 125. He was in like 15th, and for the whole motor had like 4 in front of him and 4 in back of him, that if anyone slipped up they lost 5 positions. Crazy mid pack battles. Loved watching Matthew slice through the section next to the start and gain 4 positions on the last lap. The last race that would not be possible.

Now 2017, make schoolboy a 125 class!! 250Fs have other classes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

they have a 125 only class.........

I would like to further address the money concern a few of you have. We had about 250 paid customers come in on Friday. That's an extra $1250 for our income. Factor in the insurance, extra workers needed for Friday, policing pit riding another night, running lights, etc. That $1,250 disappears. It would make our lives easier to open gates Saturday morning, but it would devastate the fun of the weekend for the consumer. I also had some one bring up the fact we charge $30 per night for camping. He claims he can run his camper with A/C for a race weekend on 7 gallons of fuel. That's first of all hard to believe, but how does he get water, where does he dump his crap, how many engineering degrees does he need to level his camper up at other places. CTMX makes zero money from campers, we actually lose money once we pay for trash and health department permits. Speaking of trash, cmon people, clean your pits up. Jeremy

So the great and powerful Oz of all things motorcycle (The AMA) can not even get their membership cards and database correct? Must have been to busy counting all the money they raked in from vintage days. Or maybe they were helping get us members an additional 2% discount on a Chinese made helmet. Or maybe they were busy organizing a Poker run in north west Nebraska.
They have a data base of 2 weeks on the members? Did I read that correct? What in the hell do all those people do in that office in Pickerington?
And of course, only the referee was the ONLY person I seen wearing anything AMA.
WE DO NOT NEED THEM. If anything motocross would (and has) run better without them. They don't do crap for promotions. What, put the race on the AMA website with the other 4937 other races and or in that magazine that no one reads.
Dump the AMA and just stick with the original plan of the OMA. We have had the AMA involved over the past two years and attendance has went down each year.
ZERO support, ZERO accountability, and negative growth. Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

So the great and powerful Oz of all things motorcycle (The AMA) can not even get their membership cards and database correct? Must have been to busy counting all the money they raked in from vintage days. Or maybe they were helping get us members an additional 2% discount on a Chinese made helmet. Or maybe they were busy organizing a Poker run in north west Nebraska.
They have a data base of 2 weeks on the members? Did I read that correct? What in the hell do all those people do in that office in Pickerington?
And of course, only the referee was the ONLY person I seen wearing anything AMA.
WE DO NOT NEED THEM. If anything motocross would (and has) run better without them. They don't do crap for promotions. What, put the race on the AMA website with the other 4937 other races and or in that magazine that no one reads.
Dump the AMA and just stick with the original plan of the OMA. We have had the AMA involved over the past two years and attendance has went down each year.
ZERO support, ZERO accountability, and negative growth. Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

I told myself I was done posting, but what is right is right, and wrong is wrong. The AMA has done a great deal of promoting for this series. E-blasts to everyone in Ohio and Surrounding states about the Series. They have utilized their database, which is huge, to help our "Local" Series. Alex was there racing too! They supply #1 plates, recognize it as a State Championship Series, I think that adds value. And you are wrong about attendance, last year was the peak. Numbers don't lie. Its only slipped this year, but that's across the board. Qualifiers included. I know everyone always wants more, but at some point the bubble can burst, just be careful what you wish for.

Reactions: TBO
I told myself I was done posting, but what is right is right, and wrong is wrong. The AMA has done a great deal of promoting for this series. E-blasts to everyone in Ohio and Surrounding states about the Series. They have utilized their database, which is huge, to help our "Local" Series. Alex was there racing too! They supply #1 plates, recognize it as a State Championship Series, I think that adds value. And you are wrong about attendance, last year was the peak. Numbers don't lie. Its only slipped this year, but that's across the board. Qualifiers included. I know everyone always wants more, but at some point the bubble can burst, just be careful what you wish for.
Well you are correct about last year being bigger.
2014 no AMA = 635 entries
2015 AMA extortion begins =647 entries
2016 = 632 entries.

From the way I look at it 2015 we a drift year from 2014. The event was huge and normal growth from curiosity. 2016 is a drift from 2015 and that is when they bought the series.
Apparently I am not on this e-blast list, cause in the 35 years I or my son have been members I have NEVER received anything from Oz. (that wasn't renew you membership crap)
The #1 plate and $1.79 will get you a Coke from 7-11
Why are the numbers slipping this year? Economy is up. Unemployment is down. Has the AMA started contacting ex-members to see why they are not coming back... Of course not.

If anyone should be allergic to the AMA Kool-aid it should be you J.O. The OMA and the riders that grew it into what it is today, do not need the AMA.

I think AMA was 2014. I ran Battle 1 in 2012, just OMA. We formed it into a 3 race series in 2013, first full OMA year. Then AMA/OMA in 2014-2016. It depends on how you look at it. My Battle was never above 450-460 until we did AMA. Look it up.

Maybe you misread.. I didn't reread Kim's post, but the database that we were given by the AMA was updated, with the exception of a couple weeks. It was current up until they changed their membership system a few weeks back. Both Mike and Alex were there from the AMA and they did listen to my concerns about the membership verification being down for preregistration and I explained how it affected our registration.

Glad to be wrong. As long as they are helping then I will give them a pass. Still would like to see more help and a much stronger presents a races.

Awesome event as always can't please everyone always going to have something go wrong. Track was good facilities are above and beyond price is just fine compared to what you get for normal races at most tracks. I drove 8 hrs each way and will do it again. Keep up the great work. Build it they will come. Don't listen to the negative Nancy's. If they don't come back 4 others will. Thank you for a great Weekend

This was my first time at Chilli town mx and I thought it went smooth. I showed up sunday morning at 715am I was signed up and eating a breakfast at 730. No line right threw. (No pre reg) I raced moto 20 track was perfect it was what a track should be like. If they don't like the dust they should practice holeshots more,( I suck at holeshots) problem solved the leaders got the clear tracks. I was home by 8 pm sunday night. 2hr drive. I went to high point a couple weeks back and at 8pm I was still at the track.

Here is a fun fact: The split rhythm section just before the finish line, in order to triple on the outside it takes 3rd gear on a 450. (my son also did it in 3rd gear on a 250) To triple the biggest center jump it also takes... 3rd gear. Who would'a thunk?

I would like to further address the money concern a few of you have. We had about 250 paid customers come in on Friday. That's an extra $1250 for our income. Factor in the insurance, extra workers needed for Friday, policing pit riding another night, running lights, etc. That $1,250 disappears. It would make our lives easier to open gates Saturday morning, but it would devastate the fun of the weekend for the consumer. I also had some one bring up the fact we charge $30 per night for camping. He claims he can run his camper with A/C for a race weekend on 7 gallons of fuel. That's first of all hard to believe, but how does he get water, where does he dump his crap, how many engineering degrees does he need to level his camper up at other places. CTMX makes zero money from campers, we actually lose money once we pay for trash and health department permits. Speaking of trash, cmon people, clean your pits up. Jeremy

Ill take credit for the comment about the fuel usage of my generator. It is true from the "King of the Cliff" race that is exactly what I added to it over the entire weekend. But my point in that coverstion was not to complain about the camping fees. I was comparing what it costs to race each round. And it does cost more at Chillitown largely due to the camping fees (which I know are not your doing). Oh and by the way I have a 90 gal water tank in my van to bring water at other races. :)

Ill pay that dudes camping fee as long as I don't have to listen to his cheap ass Harbor Freight generator run all freaking weekend.

Feel free to pay for my camping anytime you like. But I'm afraid my generator will disappoint you. Its really not loud at all. In fact I set in under my side out when I use it.

The only suggestion I have is to put more entertainment on friday night. There was alot going on Saturday night an I didn't get to enjoy it all. The entertainment Thursday night was good though. Keeep on doing what your doing. Not every race will be perfect there are far too many factors to be able to control everything. We had a good time as always and will be back again for sure.

Hope you got a CO monitor in your side out. 90 gallons of water is heavy to tow. Kills fuel mileage.

I think last year I posted pictures of a KOA itinerary for a weekend of camping. Came out to be MORE expensive than racing and here there was no track at the KOA CAMPGROUND. 130+ a day for full hookups and no place to dump your black tank.....so I can't understand the complaints on camping when you're coming into a well groomed, green grass, paved roads facikity. There isn't any dust on the rigs when you leave. How the hell can anyone not like that ?! That's all my dad raved about.

"There's wasn't 3 inches of dust on the Motorhome. Man that place is nice. Washed the bikes after every moto. Showered twice in one day at a freakin dirtbike track, if all tracks were like this we could just sell the house and go from track to track." He might of exaggerated on selling the house part. Nevertheless, Usually we are all filthy dirty and stinky in my van riding home. But even the van runner can go to the shower bays....for free at CTMX. It's $12 a shower at the local truck stop.

Last edited:
Back