Boots

Holmboyz

PR Addict
I've had Jett boots for the last 5 years and loved them. Unfortunately, both pair I have are now broken in areas that can't be fixed and I need some new ones. I've tried contacting Jett directly (through email/social media/phone) but haven't heard back so I'm looking at Alpinestar Tech 10's. I've called around to Kames/State 8/Roush and none of them have them in stock. I'd like to be able to try them on before dropping the $...do any of you know a source in NE Ohio? I'm near Cleveland.

Also, for those who have worn Jetts/Tech 10's how would you compare the two? What I really liked about the Jetts is the fit and rigidity/support without ever breaking down to be flimsy like others I've had. How do the Tech 10's hold up?

Thx

ktrop251

PR Member
^ what he said. I have sg10s and they are awesome. I can imagine the 12s are even better. And $400 is not a bad price.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I'm a huge fan of instincts. However, if you want a boot that stays stiff, I don't recommend them. IMO, they are plenty rigid but also break in extremely nice. I've broke my right leg/ankle twice wearing another brand, so require a decent amount of support. I've got like 3 years on mine and just now need to replace the sole. The newer models run a little more true to size. I wear a 10 - 10.5 work boot. My original style instincts I had to buy a 12. The newest ones I tried on felt an 11 was perfect.

If you want a stiff one, the gaerne's might be the ticket. My only complaint is once you get into sizes over 10, I feel as of the overall boot seems large. Like, weird to shift, large.

Alpine stars, the tech 10 feels real weird to me. The tech 8 I had the same overall size issue as the gaerne's. The tech 7 would actually be my pick if I wore a stars. I also believe those may be closest to your jets..

By your description of what you like, look at Sidi's. While I have not owned them, everyone who has seems to love them.

If your pretty set on tech 10s, I could find a way to get a pair in at Kames for you to try. If for some reason you don't like them, I'll talk the guys into just putting them out for sale.

I'm a whore about my feet/ankles. I still suggest you take a long hard look at instincts or find a sidi retailer to check them out. I dont believe I could get them in at Kames but I will check.

ohiowildman939

PR Member
Sidis are great in my opinion. Very comfortable and very supportive. I have the crossfire 2 srs. Iron pony in Columbus used to stock them as well as all alpinestar models. I would make the trek down there and just try everything on.

MX099

PR Addict
I have SG10, SG11, SG12. I like all three styles but I prefer the SG10's. Rockymountain atvmc has SG11's for a price that's hard to beat.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
See I got chicken legs. Instincts fit me perfect to size. 10 shoe. 10 instincts. If you got a wide foot up a size.

JB_519

PR Addict
Iron pony will have tech 7/10's in stock in basic colors , I chose the 7's and went to the parts counter and ordered the color I preferred . They shipped them to my house in 3-4 days .

John250

PR Founding Father
rocky Mountain. I ordered tech 7 and were on my doorstep in two days

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

Holmboyz

PR Addict
I'm a huge fan of instincts. However, if you want a boot that stays stiff, I don't recommend them. IMO, they are plenty rigid but also break in extremely nice. I've broke my right leg/ankle twice wearing another brand, so require a decent amount of support. I've got like 3 years on mine and just now need to replace the sole. The newer models run a little more true to size. I wear a 10 - 10.5 work boot. My original style instincts I had to buy a 12. The newest ones I tried on felt an 11 was perfect.

If you want a stiff one, the gaerne's might be the ticket. My only complaint is once you get into sizes over 10, I feel as of the overall boot seems large. Like, weird to shift, large.

Alpine stars, the tech 10 feels real weird to me. The tech 8 I had the same overall size issue as the gaerne's. The tech 7 would actually be my pick if I wore a stars. I also believe those may be closest to your jets..

By your description of what you like, look at Sidi's. While I have not owned them, everyone who has seems to love them.

If your pretty set on tech 10s, I could find a way to get a pair in at Kames for you to try. If for some reason you don't like them, I'll talk the guys into just putting them out for sale.

I'm a whore about my feet/ankles. I still suggest you take a long hard look at instincts or find a sidi retailer to check them out. I dont believe I could get them in at Kames but I will check.

I'm the same about my feet/ankles...want as much rigid support as possible. If you think you can get a pair of Tech 10's in I'd definitely come down to try them on. DM me or shoot me an email and I'll let you know what I'm looking for & size. chris@trcreate.com Thanks!

hershey

PR Elite
I ended up with tech 10's for the ankle support. For me the sg12 pinched my ankle really bad and wasnt comfortable at all. I gt 3 seasons out of them generally and I normally ride quite a bit, 100 hours a year or so.

But the reason there are so many boot styles that everyone loves is just for that reason. Everyones foot is different. Try on every pair of boots you can, even if its some at the track on other riders. They might be tight with their foot in their too so ask them to take them off first.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I hated my SG12 . They had a really odd fit. Bought Tech 10's and love them. They have held up great but even at dealer cost they are kinda pricey. Recently bought a pair of Tech 7's and absolutely hate them. The next day after riding my ankles felt like I worn gym shoes when I rode.
My opinion is you can beat the Tech 10. The fox Instinct are suppose to be really good too but then if you're like me you're stuck only wearing Fox or Shift.

I may try the TCX Comp Evo here soon.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I hated my SG12 . They had a really odd fit. Bought Tech 10's and love them. They have held up great but even at dealer cost they are kinda pricey. Recently bought a pair of Tech 7's and absolutely hate them. The next day after riding my ankles felt like I worn gym shoes when I rode.
My opinion is you can beat the Tech 10. The fox Instinct are suppose to be really good too but then if you're like me you're stuck only wearing Fox or Shift.

I may try the TCX Comp Evo here soon.

You must have web feet, SG12s are awesome, I wish I had your money, Id burn mine. I can only afford SG10s. I dig those.