Are we alienating proven racers?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Not we as in PitRacer or those of us that like to get people worked up, but we as in current racers (or families of), promoters and organizations. I know a lot of people hate it when I start spitting facts so if you are in that group you may want to look away now.... go ahead, this is not for you...... Now, if your still reading then you care and may want to use these facts to try to bring people back to the sport.
What have we done to bring people back? I mean resent people. Like guys (and girls) that RACED less then a year ago, but have not since. DMC has decided to take a year off of racing and it is VERY surprising the number of racers that ONLY raced there. Believe it of not there were 63 different humans that raced atleast one DMC event last year and did NOT run any other southern Ohio track. Sixty friggen three. Of those 63 only 17 have ran ANY race this year. (12 ran at least one OMA event and only 5 have run another southern series race.) The rest of them have not entered a single event in this state this year. Sorry, but that blows me away.
Now, has anyone tried to contact any of those EX-RACERS? AMA? Other tracks? OMA? Racers? Me, I have not. honestly I never thought that many people only race at one and only one track. These are people that have already laid down the big bucks for a bike, gear, transportation, and a membership just a year ago but have completely given up the sport because DMC closed (hopefully just for a year.) Turnouts across the state are down. In some cases WAY down, and no one has even tried to contact any of those inactive racers? I assume the AMA and hopefully the OMA has a list of these inactive dudes and dudets with contact information such as an address. Why don't we try to compile a list and contact these people directly? Send them a postcard or a flier for an upcoming event and invite them back. Maybe the postcard could be redeemed for a free gate pass or discounted sign-up? Something, anything just to get them back to a racetrack so they will catch the bug again.
I would bet the third toe on my left foot that I could name 10 ex-racers from the stone age (pre fart bikes) that would at least attend a race as a spectator if you contacted them. Im sure if you contacted those 46 completely inactive racers you would get at least a handful to come back. Heck, send me the list and I will contact them. (of course I will need a track or organization to team up with)
We must bring people to the sport. Why not bring the people back that have already tried it.
Advertising on here is great. Having a Facebook page or website is OK but we have all heard several time "I have never heard of PitRacer" or "I don't use Facebook" or "I did not even know about that track". so maybe good old fashion snail mail will make it to them and they can read this postcard while sitting on the john. (You know you do it) Maybe then they will bring the little lady and rug rats to the track for a Sunday to show them what they use to do before being castrated by life.
It's worth a try.
Someone get on board with me?

hershey

PR Elite
Someone get on board with me?

How big is the board?

Seriously though, great idea. But really who is going to do all that. This is a rant meant for track owners or organizations, the average rider either A. doesnt care or B. (in my case) Doesnt have the time.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Get me a list and I will do it. I need names, addresses a budget for postage and some sort of "reward" for the people coming back. Im sure the AMA is too big to bother (or care.) The OMA is too busy since they are all track owners. I hate watching a race with three bikes on the track. We need bodies.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
EVERY OMA RACER GETS A $10 RMATV CARD FOR EACH RACE............and still light week to week turnouts........$10 off isn't going to cut it. We need free bikes and nacho chips dang it, someone make it happen. Mx315? Get on it.

I can speak for myself and a few buddies that college has really cut into my riding. I haven't raced in well over a year, but with graduation about a year away from now I do plan to buy another bike and get back into racing the local stuff!

Hause#0

PR Addict
I havnt raced this year for the first time in 24 yrs. It's killing me but I'm trying to be an adult (43 yrs old) and do the right thing and devote all my time to my 7mo old daughter. Plus, I would like to stay married....so.... That's where I've been. I WILL BE BACK!

John250

PR Founding Father
bring the baby to the races. Used to drag all three of my kids when they were super small.

DMC probably has 10 vets that rode DMC and no where else. that's how they would have 20 to 25 vets.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

MX724

PR Addict
I f'n love Nachos.

Now can we debate about the cheese to be used and if these will be pointed triangular chips or round? Pointy ones sometimes hurt the roof of my mouth. Just sayin'

MX315

PR Addict
Will this nacho cheese challenge alienate people from going to CHILI town ...hahaha Can cheese ..real cheese,Where the damn experts when you need them????

ktrop251

PR Member
I haven't raced, I've practiced a lot but racing got pricey. Jobs got harder to find making enough to support my moto habit and I got sick of getting hurt from pushing myself to win a piece of plastic. As much as I loved racing I had to call it quits for at least a little while. I will return to racing at some point. Just realized I can run +25 now.. never thought I'd see the day.

hershey

PR Elite
I haven't raced, I've practiced a lot but racing got pricey. Jobs got harder to find making enough to support my moto habit and I got sick of getting hurt from pushing myself to win a piece of plastic. As much as I loved racing I had to call it quits for at least a little while. I will return to racing at some point. Just realized I can run +25 now.. never thought I'd see the day.

+25 ....... haha damn kids.

ktrop251

PR Member
+25 ....... haha damn kids.
I feel like a dinosaur. I'm starting to get hurt doing things not pertaining to motocross. I dislocated my shoulder two weeks ago tubing at salt fork. Tubing. Put a damper on my summer moto plans. But in the words of arnold.. I'll be back :cool:

hershey

PR Elite
lmfao.....wait till you get my age, or better yet wait til you get the age of guys telling me that!

ktrop251

PR Member
IMG_20141118_161855.jpg