Vintage Motorcycle Days 2016: In the books!

Hang in there! The collarbone club isn't any better! Hopefully I'm the only one in the club!

You mentioned you were having surgery...did you have it plated yet? After mine was plated if felt pretty good and was able to ride in a bit less than 6 weeks.

You mentioned you were having surgery...did you have it plated yet? After mine was plated if felt pretty good and was able to ride in a bit less than 6 weeks.
Surgery on Tuesday dr said it was blasted! Plate 8 screws and bone puty to hold it together! Will have to be very carefull while it's healing! Have dr app next Thursday

When did vintage racing become such a risky endeavor? You guys are scaring, or is that scarring me! :)

MX pics are up. Here's a couple of my favorites:
ZRW15519.jpg

ZRW16375.jpg

Pics are here: http://gallery.americanmotorcyclist.com/AMA-Racing

Last time I saw Alex rip a holeshot on a green machine, Fl in 97. That start pic above at VMD is crazy, #1 he's on a green 96 in 2016 and #2 he's still ripping, racing and winning at 30.

My wife and I created a monster!!

image.jpeg

Vintage Days Growing Pains:

If you guys will recall, I pre-registered for the races, as I usually do.
Three different years now I get to the races, get signed in at the Pre-Registered table only to find they either don't have my info, or they have me down for incorrect class's. Fortunately I always have my pre-registration paperwork with me so that I can straighten them out. And then later when they post your race results you find yourself posted in the wrong class, so you have to make a trip back to the office trailer.

2016 was no exception. When I signed in that Friday, they actually had me down in the correct class's for once. "But", when they posted the results for my Friday Hare Scrambles race, they had me in the wrong class. Back to the office trailer I went. Oh, Sorry Mr Freas, that's an easy fix, and we'll get the error corrected. When they reposted the results page for the PV 86cc-200cc B\C , I was in the lineup, and grabbed a third place finish. They even sent me home with my plaque. ( even though we completely missed the first half of the awards ceremony and our presentation because they decided to start it early, instead of sticking to the time posted in the weekends agenda\schedule page.) No Biggy.

Fast forward to today: I receive my race award certificates in the mail. No Hare Scramble results letter or certificate??? Hmmmmm?

So I go to the AMA website and check the results, (as well as the link that evomx244 posted). I am listed nowhere in the Post Vintage Hare Scramble results ?

I went to the AMA websight thinking maybe I can just send an email. They don't offer a Contact email address. I'll have to call them.....

I don't normally get too hung up on my race results, but we spend a lot of cash to race at the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days. I think it's important that they follow through on their end and get it right.

Last edited:
Vintage Days Growing Pains:

If you guys will recall, I pre-registered for the races, as I usually do.
Three different years now I get to the races, get signed in at the Pre-Registered table only to find they either don't have my info, or they have me down for incorrect class's. Fortunately I always have my pre-registration paperwork with me so that I can straighten them out. And then later when they post your race results you find yourself posted in the wrong class, so you have to make a trip back to the office trailer.

2016 was no exception. When I signed in that Friday, they actually had me down in the correct class's for once. "But", when they posted the results for my Friday Hare Scrambles race, they had me in the wrong class. Back to the office trailer I went. Oh, Sorry Mr Freas, that's an easy fix, and we'll get the error corrected. When they reposted the results page for the PV 86cc-200cc B\C , I was in the lineup, and grabbed a third place finish. They even sent me home with my plaque. ( even though we completely missed the first half of the awards ceremony and our presentation because they decided to start it early, instead of sticking to the time posted in the weekends agenda\schedule page.) No Biggy.

Fast forward to today: I receive my race award certificates in the mail. No Hare Scramble results letter or certificate??? Hmmmmm?

So I go to the AMA website and check the results, (as well as the link that evomx244 posted). I am listed nowhere in the Post Vintage Hare Scramble results ?

I went to the AMA websight thinking maybe I can just send an email. They don't offer a Contact email address. I'll have to call them.....

I don't normally get too hung up on my race results, but we spend a lot of cash to race at the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days. I think it's important that they follow through on their end and get it right.

And this is for a national championship? Oh well...

I've never enjoyed negotiating that AMA site. It really needs some help.

Back