Vintage Motorcycle Days 2016: In the books!

Mike,
I also received VMD MX award documents this week, but the HS stuff has not yet arrived. I'm guessing Erek Kudla has been really busy with AMA Congress and the ISDE in Spain. I will let you know when I receive the docs in case yours do not arrive.

In addition to that piece of paper that comes in the mail, believe an invite/invoice for the banquet comes with it. Never paid to attend the banquet, but isn't there another trophy that's given to the folks who pay to go to the banquet? Don't guess there's a way to just pick that sucker up from somewhere without paying for the banquet :)

Ahhh I'm just whining...like anyone else, I do the vintage stuff for the fun of it and I always have a fantastic time at AMA vintage days.

Mike,
I also received VMD MX award documents this week, but the HS stuff has not yet arrived. I'm guessing Erek Kudla has been really busy with AMA Congress and the ISDE in Spain. I will let you know when I receive the docs in case yours do not arrive.

You bring up a good point Nick, the Hare Scramble certificates normally does come in the mail separate after the motocross stuff. Let me explain a little better why I am making a point about this.

As you guys all know past races are quickly forgotten and hard to keep track of by memory. They all just become one big clustered blur after a while. (the concussions don't help matters any :D.) So, after each race I do, and my grandson does, I usually print off the event info, the class's raced , and the results. In addition I burn all pic's and video taken to disc and then I put the stuff in a simple manila envelope and throw into a box I have. It's kind of fun browsing back through sometimes. You know: Ahhhh Man I remember this race!

But as it stands right now, I'm not even listed in the posted results. The results page actually is more important to me than any certificate or plaque. It's particularly fun seeing who you raced against as you continue building new friendships from racing.

An good example is in our vintage motocross races, 50+ B. I didn't do too particularly well in the results, BUT, in one particular moto I was pushing really hard and caught up with Jeff Vlk on his CZ400. Then the race really began for the both of us. It was very exciting for a couple of laps. And I'm thinking that might of been the highlight of my weekend. So the results page giving the names matters to me.

In addition to that piece of paper that comes in the mail, believe an invite/invoice for the banquet comes with it. Never paid to attend the banquet, but isn't there another trophy that's given to the folks who pay to go to the banquet? Don't guess there's a way to just pick that sucker up from somewhere without paying for the banquet :)

If you finish top 3 in a class, you receive an invite form to the banquet to fill out and return. On the form you can also choose to not attend the banquet and have your awards mailed to you.

For places outside the top three, you get the certificate in the mail and that's it.

I've attended the banquet twice, it is a nice banquet and covers all the AMA forms of amateur racing.

If you finish top 3 in a class, you receive an invite form to the banquet to fill out and return. On the form you can also choose to not attend the banquet and have your awards mailed to you.

For places outside the top three, you get the certificate in the mail and that's it.

I've attended the banquet twice, it is a nice banquet and covers all the AMA forms of amateur racing.

Wow my reading comprehension must be lacking...I've never noticed the spot on the form to have the trophy mailed instead of attending the banquet.
You bring up a good point Nick, the Hare Scramble certificates normally does come in the mail separate after the motocross stuff. Let me explain a little better why I am making a point about this.

As you guys all know past races are quickly forgotten and hard to keep track of by memory. They all just become one big clustered blur after a while. (the concussions don't help matters any :D.) So, after each race I do, and my grandson does, I usually print off the event info, the class's raced , and the results. In addition I burn all pic's and video taken to disc and then I put the stuff in a simple manila envelope and throw into a box I have. It's kind of fun browsing back through sometimes. You know: Ahhhh Man I remember this race!

But as it stands right now, I'm not even listed in the posted results. The results page actually is more important to me than any certificate or plaque. It's particularly fun seeing who you raced against as you continue building new friendships from racing.

An good example is in our vintage motocross races, 50+ B. I didn't do too particularly well in the results, BUT, in one particular moto I was pushing really hard and caught up with Jeff Vlk on his CZ400. Then the race really began for the both of us. It was very exciting for a couple of laps. And I'm thinking that might of been the highlight of my weekend. So the results page giving the names matters to me.

Mike, I totally understand where you're coming from...hope you didn't think my comment about racing vintage for just the fun of it was directed at you. Not being recognized in the results is a whole lot worse than me thinking I had to go to the banquet to get a trophy (which I now know better... thanks to John).

Nah, I understood where you were coming from Mooch.

On a funnier note, I called the AMA this morning. A gal greeted me on the phone and asked how she could help me. I asked her: Who would I need to talk to about being completely left out of the posted racing results on the web site, when I took third place in the race at Vintage Days Hare Scramble?

Receptionist:.......... Let me put you on hold and I'll check.

Me:...................... Ok, I'll wait.

Receptionist comes back on:...... Mr Freas the person you need to talk to is named "Jack". And Jack isn't in the office today, but you can reach him if you call back tomorrow. Just ask for "Jack" directly.

I said OK.. On hanging up I says to myself..... Let me guess.. Would "Jack" by chance be Bab's Jr ?

If "Jack" don't get me results, I'm telling his Dad on him. :D:D:D

The National Certificates and invites for the banquet are going out of the office slowly. We do them in phases... we did the 2,000 or so mailings for Motocross, next we are currently working on the Track racing and Off-road racing stuff. Due to the fact that most of the National Off-Road Series and Regional Off-Road series are just now ending, we are working on them now all at once. We send out roughly 5,000 mailed certificates yearly. It's a process that can't be wrong... so we take our time.

I apologize for the inconvenience... you should be recieving them shortly.

The National Certificates and invites for the banquet are going out of the office slowly. We do them in phases... we did the 2,000 or so mailings for Motocross, next we are currently working on the Track racing and Off-road racing stuff. Due to the fact that most of the National Off-Road Series and Regional Off-Road series are just now ending, we are working on them now all at once. We send out roughly 5,000 mailed certificates yearly. It's a process that can't be wrong... so we take our time.

I apologize for the inconvenience... you should be recieving them shortly.
Tell Babs Jr to get busy!!!

Ahh...today I looked for the spot on the AMA banquet form where you can have your award mailed to you instead of paying the $75 for the banquet. Yeah that option isn't very frugal either...AMA will mail you the award for a meager $22.00. Kinda sad that they feel the need to squeeze that much out of folks to receive an award.

Back