Serious question here....OMA

hershey

PR Elite
Enough BS. In this thread no bashing, no name calling and no insults. Any of that will be deleted.

I have a serious question here and would like everyones input but in a adult manner with respect for each individuals opinion. But most of all Im hoping that OMA founders and track owners will chime in with information.

What is the OMA?

A quick review of the web site doesnt answer this question. No names of president, VP, secretary or treasurer. Is this an organization, a group of like minded tracks or just a group of tracks?

Are there regular meetings to discuss the direction of the OMA?

What rules do the tracks have to follow being part of the OMA?

What is the purpose of the OMA?

I guess the recent discussions about tracks having racing and practice dates overlap has got me to think about these things. My passion for the sport of racing mx gives me incentive to want the best for the OMA. I feel that what I see isnt good at all.

-Malvern is selling the track
-OIR is out manly due to health issues and who knows if they will be back next year
-RT62 is on the verge of quiting looking at his posts on here from today
-Tracks within the OMA competing for riders on the same day
- Race attendance at the local level is lower than any other time I can remember in 32 years of my racing

The writing is on the wall, if you cant see that these things are cause for alarm you had better look closer.

So Im back to the questions above. If the OMA is nothing more than a group of tracks that have a common points system then I owe a huge apology to East fork and Briarcliff for my opinions about the their riding schedules. What everyone is doing is not a problem.

If, However, the OMA is an organization promoting the sport of MX and has a goal of growth and prosperity then I believe everything I have said in previous posts is correct.

So which is it? This question is best answered by Jason and or Jeremy. Obviously track owners should know the answer to that as well. I have gotten the answer from 2 track owners but I will leave that alone. If they chose to chime in here then we can all know the answer.

Personally Im hoping its the latter.

the-last-straw-totusblog-conservative-cartoons-ii.jpg

"What is the OMA" ?? At some point on here I was told that it was run as a Non-Proffit 401c-3 I asked then who were the board of directors? President? Vice President?secretary? Treasure? Never got any answers? I also asked where could I get a copy of tax return? If it is a 401 c-3 that's public information! I got called everything under the sun!

Im sorry if my passion for the sport drives me to want racing to be the best it can be here in Ohio. Maybe Im in the minority for caring.

Everyone please read the first line of the post. I am serious about this, its not a thread for bashing or joking. Lets keep this serious and on point. If not I will be more than glad to delete the whole thing. I thought maybe some understanding help reduce some posts causing friction regarding these issue on PR.

have you read anything I have ever posted? For sure I am the kid. :D

I think they are legit questions but it looks like all the track owners / promoters have left. So now we can share how we really feel.

OMRaPoIDWTCIAUBTWWFN=
Ohio motocross racers and parents of I don't want to call it a union but that will work for now.

Memberships available now. Its just $30. But it makes it better for you.

Dave, they are not going to respond. If they say anything then that will just lead to more and more questions if not legal matters since $ is involved.
I would love to see answers but its not going to happen.

Maybe try calling or texting them? DONT REPLY IN MY THREAD UNLESS U R WHO I AM YELLING AT OR I WILL DELETE YOUR POSTS!! I AM FORUM GOD THANKS BYE

I don't think Dave is stirring the pot. I might be wrong lol lord knows I've been wrong on here before. I think he's just very passionate about MX. He has a son growing up in the sport and wants to ensure there's an organization to ride with

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Maybe try calling or texting them? DONT REPLY IN MY THREAD UNLESS U R WHO I AM YELLING AT OR I WILL DELETE YOUR POSTS!! I AM FORUM GOD THANKS BYE

No, Im trying to keep this thread on topic and civil. You and MX315 want to do nothing other than derail that. If I were the "FORUM GOD" I would be deleting posts all over the place. I prefaced this thread by saying if the post wasnt on topic and civil it would be deleted.

I don't think Dave is stirring the pot. I might be wrong lol lord knows I've been wrong on here before. I think he's just very passionate about MX. He has a son growing up in the sport and wants to ensure there's an organization to ride with

Thank you Lonnie, that is exactly the reason for my thread.

No I can't. Look everyone.. I know there was some feelings hurt this morning. I knew this day was coming for at least a week. I wish I was wrong about it. I'm sure there will be guys loyal to certain track owners disagreeing with me and the same goes for our loyal riders. It's a work in progress for sure. There defiantly needs to be more communication on everyone's part. Not just Jeremy and Jason. I can't imagine the undertaking of starting a quality racing organization. Lol when I first saw them at a Columbus indoor race I swear I heard Jeremy balls dragging on the ground cuz I'm telling you it took some big balls to make that commitment! I'm not going to leave Oma this year for a couple simple reasons. I agreed to run those races and I'm going to. The other reason is its not fair to mess a riders racing schedule up because we got our feelings hurt.

Dave has my phone number as we have talked about many issues, many times. He knows he can call me anytime and I would be more than happy to answer any questions, but that wouldn't be nearly as intertaining. I have no interest in coming on here and spending the time to type a book only to hear how I'm not doing enough, not doing it right or not doing it at all.

I hope Dave fest is not running against anyone ...just sayin!!!

As it is an Outlaw event it doesnt matter. But for the record last year I let JO know before his schedule came out what my date for it was so he could plan around it and hopefully attend. And each year I do my best to not have it on a date anything else is going on. Seriously. Not that Im worried anyone will drop a race or practice for coming here but because I want a good crowd of fellow riders to come here, enjoy an decent track with decent prep, all the food you want, a great bon fire lighting and most importantly great friends with a common interest.....all for free. Generally there are 50 riders here bringing wives, girlfriends , friends and kids. I do that because I love the people and the sport, how many other members on here do you see doing that? So Im an a*****e for telling my opinion and being worried about the dying of our sport here but no one wants to talk about what I give back in return. Davefest is just the tip of the iceburg.

I guess if nobody else cares then I shouldnt either. No matter what happens there will be tracks for me and my son to race at together and those of us that are truly passionate about it will still find places to enjoy it. Remember, D11, D12, CRA ( not dead but not good ). There is precedence here.

Back