OK Tracks...

You would think tracks would want feed back.....Just think if Lonnie took some of the feed back and then acted on them, perhaps the number would increase rather than stay status quo.

In my business we actually send out surveys to our clients and our brokers that we work with. I know it is hard to believe, but we want their feed back. We ask what we are doing great, what we could improve on, and what perhaps they need that we could help them with, or find solutions too. We then act on that feed back to try to improve our relationships with our clients and brokers.

Now........how is that any different than a track owner and rider? Amazes me when promoters take the attitude if you don't like it, don't come back. You don't think that one guy tells 100 other guys about their negative experience?

how to lock out replies to their threads

Sure buddy. Here's a detailed instruction on how to post your practice and prevent trolls from harshing your vibe:

Step 1 - Hit the Post button

upload_2016-9-23_9-16-4.png

Step 2 - Uncheck the Open box

upload_2016-9-23_9-16-57.png

That's it really. The lock icon confirms you'll get no replies. This option is only available in the race and practice threads. I don't like this option because you're not getting direct feedback but it could be useful at times...like when you post things like "Oh by the way you'll need an AMA card to come practice"

upload_2016-9-23_9-22-12.png

You would think tracks would want feed back.....Just think if Lonnie took some of the feed back and then acted on them, perhaps the number would increase rather than stay status quo.

In my business we actually send out surveys to our clients and our brokers that we work with. I know it is hard to believe, but we want their feed back. We ask what we are doing great, what we could improve on, and what perhaps they need that we could help them with, or find solutions too. We then act on that feed back to try to improve our relationships with our clients and brokers.

Now........how is that any different than a track owner and rider? Amazes me when promoters take the attitude if you don't like it, don't come back. You don't think that one guy tells 100 other guys about their negative experience?
John, I agree with you on feed back being useful and the value of a survey. We actually do that for our customers and for the customers that deal with us, directly. However, our surveys are specific questions with a rating scale and then an open area for additional comments, which most people don't fill in. So again, if used properly can be a very beneficial tool. To me the difference between a survey and the pitracer forum, is that, it is very public, with no format and becomes a bashing session for those that can't control their impulses to say whatever is on their mind (opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and some times should be kept to themselves).There is just no structure and threads at times spiral out of control. Sometimes, I think negativity breeds negativity. I would think to a track owner, it would kind of be like when a mob of thugs, gangs up on just one person and beats the s**t out of them, probably not real fun. So John, is feed back important, sure it is, but some times its just not packaged or delivered in the right format or place. :)

Last edited:
John, I agree with you on feed back being useful and the value of a survey. We actually do that for our customers and for the customers that deal with us, directly. However, our surveys are specific questions with a rating scale and then an open area for additional comments, which most people don't fill in. So again, if used properly can be a very beneficial tool. To me the difference between a survey and the pitracer forum, is that, it is very public, with no format and becomes a bashing session for those that can control their impulses to say whatever is on their mind (opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and some times should kept to themselves).There is just no structure and threads at times spiral out of control. Sometimes times, I think negativity breeds negativity. I would think to a track owner, it would kind of be like when a mob of thugs, gangs up on just one person and beats the s**t out of them, probably not real fun. So John, is feed back important, sure it is but some times its just not packaged or delivered in the right format or place. :)

But as you said this a public forum, as a track owner you have put your product out for public display. In that respect one should expect what you see going on here, on facebook( yes it is every bit as bad there too) and on other social outlets.

The point that Shaf is trying to make is forget it. Forget anything to do with feedback, posting funny stuff or problems and solutions. Simply post your schedule of events here for marketing purposes only. Use the site to help us riders find you easier. Its a win/ win scenario

Whoops, had a slight permissions problem. Thanks Sharc for pointing this out. It's fixed.

Booowhaaaa - you Think it's fixed......?

Just wait until my cyber skillzz are at 100% power and I'll poke through that with a green foil hat on....

You guys want to know something? A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away known as the 2000's, tracks used to contact me asking me to come out and check their place out, help them get setup on here, and some even wanted to pay me for all the promotion they got.

When I was super burned out and getting close to shutting this place down, several tracks stated they would pay to keep it open. Now tracks think this place is a problem? PLEASE. If you have a problem on here you created it for yourself.

I need to write a book someday. Don't have time now, I need to get on FB and post what I ate for lunch today and watch some videos of cats getting scared by toasters.

Back