Switchback Raceway Gobbler GP

C Hudak

PR Addict
Going to switchback GP this weekend. I've heard it's really good, and the weather should be too.

I'm not sure. I'll make sure to tell them to use pitracer. It's probably in Facebook pape! Only reason I know is my brother just called me and told me and then I'm sure it's confirmed after Hudac said he's in. (My bro isn't the most reliable for race dates but I know hudacs know them like the gospel ) :cool:

I'm not sure. I'll make sure to tell them to use pitracer. It's probably in Facebook pape! Only reason I know is my brother just called me and told me and then I'm sure it's confirmed after Hudac said he's in. (My bro isn't the most reliable for race dates but I know hudacs know them like the gospel ) :cool:
Ok I dont use that facebook thing

Where are you guys finding any information on their GP there is nothing on their website

Really??? You moron, do you read a tape measure that closely? Its on the home page of their website!!!! Geez

Only bad thing is the 50 - 85cc kids ride saturday and all the big bike classes are sunday, I cant make it saturday......

Switchback Gobbler GP info click HERE

Really??? You moron, do you read a tape measure that closely? Its on the home page of their website!!!! Geez

Only bad thing is the 50 - 85cc kids ride saturday and all the big bike classes are sunday, I cant make it saturday......

Switchback Gobbler GP info click HERE

Why dont they put it on there schedule part of there website like normal people. Some of us have to work and can't sit on the computer all day and think of s**t to bitch about.

wow thanks bud for that last part lol.

He used to post on here, not sure what happened.
I've raced this event several times, it's fun. I raced it once when it was a mud bog and shockingly I actually finished the race.

I can't make this year, have fun everyone!

Here's a vid I found from last year

He used to post on here, not sure what happened.
I've raced this event several times, it's fun. I raced it once when it was a mud bog and shockingly I actually finished the race.

I can't make this year, have fun everyone!

Here's a vid I found from last year
New ownership. Things have changed!

As MXO99 said " New Ownership ". I still read Pitracer daily and follow the sport from a distance. Family and commitment to my kids is why I sold the place. I was unable to put the time in needed to keep it going the direction I wanted - worked non stop for over 13yrs with two tracks at one point while working full time and missed the first 5-6 years of my sons life from not being home and when I was home it was the phone and etc... love mx and my goal was to get the indoor and had big plans but was unable to put in the time needed to keep the place like I thought it should of been. The new owners are good people and as time moves on from what I can see are heading in the right direction - any track owner knows the daily grind it takes.

Miss the sport but wouldn't change the time it has given me to spend with my family and help my son achieve his goals and passion of playing high level baseball.

The Gobbler was the most fun race of the year - just a good time with good people and what the sport should be. Not sure what kind of schedule they are running as I haven't looked but it's going to be a nice weekend weather wise so get out and give it a shot as I did see they are giving out a s**t load of

- TIRES
- Go Pro's
- Mountain bikes
- Hoverboards
- Play Station 4's
- Helmets
- Goggles
and the list goes on - loads of giveaways for showing up and doing what you love - RIDE

Keep a eye out for their indoor series as last year they didn't charge a racers gate fee - if you raced it was free to get in. Not sure what their plans are for this year. Have fun and Ride On!

As MXO99 said " New Ownership ". I still read Pitracer daily and follow the sport from a distance. Family and commitment to my kids is why I sold the place. I was unable to put the time in needed to keep it going the direction I wanted - worked non stop for over 13yrs with two tracks at one point while working full time and missed the first 5-6 years of my sons life from not being home and when I was home it was the phone and etc... love mx and my goal was to get the indoor and had big plans but was unable to put in the time needed to keep the place like I thought it should of been. The new owners are good people and as time moves on from what I can see are heading in the right direction - any track owner knows the daily grind it takes.

Miss the sport but wouldn't change the time it has given me to spend with my family and help my son achieve his goals and passion of playing high level baseball.

The Gobbler was the most fun race of the year - just a good time with good people and what the sport should be. Not sure what kind of schedule they are running as I haven't looked but it's going to be a nice weekend weather wise so get out and give it a shot as I did see they are giving out a s**t load of

- TIRES
- Go Pro's
- Mountain bikes
- Hoverboards
- Play Station 4's
- Helmets
- Goggles
and the list goes on - loads of giveaways for showing up and doing what you love - RIDE

Keep a eye out for their indoor series as last year they didn't charge a racers gate fee - if you raced it was free to get in. Not sure what their plans are for this year. Have fun and Ride On!
should give them the switch back PR account so they can post unless its under a personal email, but i dont know anything so dont listen to me lol

It does appear as though there is more woods than MX. With that I assume a standard MX bike with a stock fuel tank will make the entire hour on 1 tank of fuel?

Do you guys know if anybody is needing to re-fuel during the race?

i would assume you would be okay. but i dont know how long the loop is, or how long your out there for one moto. so it depends but me and my brothers bikes were almost bone dry when we were done with every 40 min moto in the EROC series so we might have too, not sure.

It does appear as though there is more woods than MX. With that I assume a standard MX bike with a stock fuel tank will make the entire hour on 1 tank of fuel?

Do you guys know if anybody is needing to re-fuel during the race?

I never had to refuel on my RMZ450.

I had a half a tank everywhere but tvland. Tvland I was almost empty because that's a fast wide open course.

You won't need to refuel. Fill it up full and you're good.

Thanks for the input guys. I assumed you are correct Georgie. I have a fear of running out going up a face of a jump! Figured I'd double check.

They are advertising a 1 hour race. Does anybody know if any of the fastest guys have needed to re-fuel during one of the gobbler GP's?

Back