Switchback Raceway Gobbler GP

I don't think I've ever seen anyone re-fuel at a GP honestly. Especially on a modern four-stroke.

Thanks for the input guys. I assumed you are correct Georgie. I have a fear of running out going up a face of a jump! Figured I'd double check.

They are advertising a 1 hour race. Does anybody know if any of the fastest guys have needed to re-fuel during one of the gobbler GP's?

You will be good with a tank of fuel - Never heard of anyone needing to fill up plus the indoor is included or at least we use to include it and they did last year so there are some slower areas. Hepler has won the Gobbler from the first year I started it (use to run it even when he was riding for Suzuki and Yamaha) kids would be all pumped being on the same line as Broc but I heard he is out this year with injury. I remember not to long ago he (Broc) pulled in and put his bike on the stand by scoring/parking - he got hot and was taking off some layers and got back on the bike and went on to win the race. Good guy and comes from a nice family. Use to woods ride with him a lot in the winter and watch him burn laps when I owned High Voltage back when he was on a Suzuki. I'm sure he will be there as he moved up that way.

When I ran it the leader was off the course at around 50 minute (depending on lap times) mark so to have all the riders off the course for the next group to go on time.

Baker 00_3 - they are able to make their own account and I did mention pitracer to them when a while ago as we use to get a good bit from Ohio coming over to ride as it's not that far. I believe they have posted on here a few times before or someone has for them under the practice/race sections.

On a side note - look for a great turnout if you haven't been there. The last year I ran it we had over 120 bikes in the morning Vet class and Open Xtra class. With I believe 4-500 for the day. Lots of fun and always someone to pass and or race against assuming the entries are still there.

its not like a 3-4 hour GNCC. its a fun pace your self kind of race. and yeah SBRW hopefully they start posting more often.. its a pretty good way to promote your self.

This is gonna be tight. There's so much s**t I need to do at home after this wedding and with school im thinking I will have to miss tomorrow. I'm trying to get stuff together tonight but my god do chores pile up after weddings and being gone for two weeks.

So how was it?

Fun track for me, but man that property has some slick dirt/rock. I felt like it got super rough though and square edged everywhere. That could just be from me going too slow. It's good to ride on that stuff every once in a while though. I had a good time.

I rode there Friday and thought the track was great. Went there to race Sunday and thought I was at a different place. I think the ATV racing Saturday had a bad effect on the track for dirt bikes. Just an opinion, not looking to get into an Atv dirt bike argument! Haha

Definitly shouldnt be running quads before bikes.. That being said I will likely not show up to a future harescramble/GP if they run quads before bikes. and yeah i sound like a little bitch but im not wasting my time on a sheet off ice.

Definitly shouldnt be running quads before bikes.. That being said I will likely not show up to a future harescramble/GP if they run quads before bikes. and yeah i sound like a little bitch but im not wasting my time on a sheet off ice.
That's the way they do GNCC

I liked the track and the layout but I think its because I won the 40B class. Its amazing how a close battle with 2 other guys for 50mins can smooth out a rough track. 1st to 3rd finished about 30 seconds apart and I dont think any of us noticed how beat up the track was.

I cant say the same about my first race of the day in Open B, the track was rough as hell in that one (finished in the back of the pack).

Back