New track in 2017? Maybe...

Any wetland mitigation or erosion control will need specific plant species planted. This is river / pond border populations .
I also do remediation of exotics like Loostrife if needed. You don't want the EPA on you .
It's a lot of mimbojimbo bit if you have a written plan permits as well as construction can go easier.
Leed credits are wetland offsets that allow for terrain alterations on potential wetland areas. They are banked areas of land dedicated for no use.

I am not a wetland environmental guy, but It takes three things to have wetlands: the Evidence of Hydric Soil, Hydric Plants, and Water. You might have the possibility of wetlands down in the Shoals soils, but unlikely. You could get a cursory wetland review from the local soil & water conservation district rep. Soil and water will have an inventory of the "known" wetlands. You only mitigate when you actually have wetlands, and you plan to impact them. If you have wetlands, don't touch them, run away fast. Find another piece of land.

The bigger issue everywhere right now is flood plain. Our firm has done more H & H studies this year on projects in regard to flood plain than in the last 16 years combined. Look here for flood plain: https://msc.fema.gov/portal

Bottom line, you cannot place fill within the 100 year flood plain without permission of the county floodplain coordinator......those requirements vary from showing them with a grading plan that you mitigating the fill in the flood plain by creating a hole somewhere else to doing 20k study through hydraulic analysis on whether or activities are producing a rise in the floodplain......and forget about doing anything in the floodway.....not happening.

Bottom line, you cannot place fill within the 100 year flood plain without permission of the county floodplain coordinator......those requirements vary from showing them with a grading plan that you mitigating the fill in the flood plain by creating a hole somewhere else to doing 20k study through hydraulic analysis on whether or activities are producing a rise in the floodplain......and forget about doing anything in the floodway.....not happening.

Wow guys, good to know there level of knowledge on here. The land I have is 90% flood plain with frontage along the Ohio River in Northern KY and I had no idea about that type of use restriction. I guess my dreams of a beagle farm need more research.

Not trying to butt in on the negotiation but would it potentially be worth a higher offer or asking price if you somehow made the deal/closing contingent on the most important requirements & conditions necessary to put the land to use as a MX track. Things like acceptable soil composition, permissibility of use as a recreational motocross track, any required zoning changes, handling potentially restrictive easements or prior covenants on the property, county or state permits, etc. The seller might not like or accept these contingencies but might better than closing to find out later that the property is not suitable or has a permissive use obstacle as a MX track.

The photos of the land are beautiful.

Mx tracks are way more simple than large commercial buildings and structures. We primarily deal with land prior to construction.
Some EPA concerns like Nesting bats and rare amphibious life , noxious weeds and hydrophilic plants can be remediated prior to development or Army Corp inspections. Some cannot. Usually developers want to "maintain " there property before applying for permits. The fact that the pictures show lots of grass that is a good thing. There will probably not be concerns with wetlands. They will show up on county maps already in existence. The cut and fill process could be an issue. Any drainage alterations need County approval.
It's best to really look at a site prior to purchase from all angles. Also a visit to the Township trustees is helpful as they can usually approve >1,000 yards of dirt moved without permitting .(at one time )
We work in Northern Ohio primarily and with Commercial development. Not Mx tracks.
JO has been through all the process already with Briarcliff and has lots of experience with moving dirt and track building.
Having some knowledge before moving dirt is always a good idea.

The Indian Brown Bat.....I actually did one bat tree survey.....I should not have done that, lol! I just looked for peeling bark, and semi dead trees, luckily I saw none that fit that description. From my understanding that only restricts tree clearing during certain months?? October to April?? Not sure on that.

On any earth moving activity, you should consider the county soil and water consv district, and county engineers office. DO NOT CONTACT COUNTY OR REGIONAL PLANNING, unless you are zoned and your zoning inspector requires it. Much like wetlands & flood plain, run away, run away!

Basically what Beenridin is saying is right, you don't want to jump into being a commercial or residential developer with out having allocated some serious money for a lot of extra stuff. Our fee to design a typical car dealer, restaurant, commercial type business is 20k, that doesn't include wetlands, flood plain, traffic impact studies, etc etc.

That's been fixed smartass. :D
I have done NOTHING since the offer rejection. letting it marinade with the owners. Maybe with myself as well. If I fire right back, they may think they got me by the short curlys. Given the location. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

He's doing great. I thought he was running for office when he showed up at my wedding. That dude looks great all cleaned up.

I also love Dirt world Mike......Prob just call him Mike for now on!!!!! Unless he has some secret plan going on!!!! Haha

Back