Window tinting

Cody Wolford

PR Member
I have a 97 f250.
On my front windows I have 20% tint.
35% over the factory on the extended cab Windows and left the rear alone with the factory (I wanna see to back up at night lol)

From the inside the 20% is great. But from the outside it seems too light to me.
What's everyone's opinions on pulling the 20% and goin to 5%?
I'm thinking about going to 5% in the spring time.

I have all my windows tinted to match the back windows on my suburban. Not sure the %, but they are technically illegal in Ohio. Look great but dark at night. I usually roll the windows down when backing in the dark to see the mirrors good. No issues driving, just backing. Always have done that to all my suburbans, and only been stopped one time by a local cop and got a warning. Been stopped by the state several times for speeding, and they have never even mentioned the windows.

I have all my windows tinted to match the back windows on my suburban. Not sure the %, but they are technically illegal in Ohio. Look great but dark at night. I usually roll the windows down when backing in the dark to see the mirrors good. No issues driving, just backing. Always have done that to all my suburbans, and only been stopped one time by a local cop and got a warning. Been stopped by the state several times for speeding, and they have never even mentioned the windows.

My moms car is 20 all around and a cop saw me as a teen driving and wanted to pull me over (guarantee it) and the statie gave me a warning for the front window tint.
Most of the time cops don't say a lot if anything at all lol

My wifes are 35%. They are not bad. A little lighter than I like on the outside, but she does not want them as dark on her car.

My van is 20% on the front. At night I find myself rolling the window down a bit to see if I gotta make a left hand turn. Next time i'll go 35. BUT....also 20% is super super super dark when you only got driver and passenger windows and that's it, it seems. Because the Wife's camaro is 20% all around and is just fine. Looks great.

My van is 20% on the front. At night I find myself rolling the window down a bit to see if I gotta make a left hand turn. Next time i'll go 35. BUT....also 20% is super super super dark when you only got driver and passenger windows and that's it, it seems. Because the Wife's camaro is 20% all around and is just fine. Looks great.

I gotta roll mine down as it is with the 20% which doesn't bother me to much.
I think the reason mine seem so light is because how big the front windshield is and it lets a lot of light it which makes the 20% seem light from the outside.
My moms car is 20 all around when we bought it. It's perfect and looks great too.
Thanks for the input!

Like I want a nice dark appearance (basically black) from the outside but I wanna be able to see decently out from the inside during the day. At night it doesn't bother me if I can or can't lol

Whatever you do, don't go to century 2000 in akron. I went there.. like 4 times.. the line around the window wasn't straight and it bubbled after a few months. I had my silverado done by a guy in the hood in his garage for $40 10 years ago and the windows still look good. I paid 80 at century. just saying.

I use a I guy about 35 min from me near Cambridge. Good pricing and did a great job. I'd like to know how to do I myself and make some extra money but I don't really have anything to practice on lol

my ex-wife had an 89 mustang and was pulled over, the tint was 35%. She was given a ticket AND had to remove it. She actually had to take it to the police dept for inspection afterwards.

my ex-wife had an 89 mustang and was pulled over, the tint was 35%. She was given a ticket AND had to remove it. She actually had to take it to the police dept for inspection afterwards.

Dang that's harsh.
My cousin got a ticket and was told to take it off (never did) and I've heard that before but to have it inspected is crazy

I use a I guy about 35 min from me near Cambridge. Good pricing and did a great job. I'd like to know how to do I myself and make some extra money but I don't really have anything to practice on lol
Now days it is tough to compete with the shops doing it yourself. They pop the model car into the computer and the machine cuts the tint perfectly. For that reason alone I would go to the shops.

Never wanted to get my windows tinted because of not being able to see out and use my mirrors at night. My son got his truck windows tinted this fall. I picked it up and drove it home. It was dark and I couldn't believe how much it cut down on the glare from other vehicles lights. Planning on getting my truck done this spring.

Never wanted to get my windows tinted because of not being able to see out and use my mirrors at night. My son got his truck windows tinted this fall. I picked it up and drove it home. It was dark and I couldn't believe how much it cut down on the glare from other vehicles lights. Planning on getting my truck done this spring.

That's why I'm afraid of going to 5% tint.
During the day is no problem. But in dusk/dawn or cloudy days with little light, I'll need to see my mirrors towing a trailer for work. About to add tow mirrors so they'll e even farther from the window and would be even harder to see.

With 20% tint (what I have now) it's great! No problems seeing out at night or seeing the mirrors. And knocks down the glare of headlights a lot. It's nice not being blinded

5% is was to dark. I have my ranger done w/ 5% and you cannot see a damn thing out of the windows at night. I does look cool but I'm tired of backing into my trash cans once a week.
b09aa6ae28a6885465de9b13d1997745.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back