AHRMA Board Elections

Mike

PR Addict
AHRMA Board Election

Each fall 1/3 of the AHRMA board is replaced, they each serve three year terms. The 12 member board is divided by the Mississippi River, with 6 Western members and 6 Eastern members, elected by voters that reside in their area.

This year one of our own JASON COLON is running.

I have had the opportunity to get to know Jason over the past couple of years. From a random meeting at the MX track, to having dinner together on the road. And then along with Mike Babet the three of us trekked to Houston last fall for the Rio Bravo AHRMA race. Jason and I have been working together extensively for almost 8 months to plan and schedule the new Labor Day event next year at Red Bud.

Jason is uniquely qualified. While I know him as an MX racer he has participated in Cross Country, and Road race events with AHRMA as a member for almost 20 years. He is an active member of the AHRMA Great Lakes Region, and PIT RACER member. You may know has tried for the past few years to include “ALL: 1983 & 1984 bikes in the PV classes with limited assistance, and in fact resistance from certain elderly and inflexible board members. AHRMA’s future is dependent on leadership, and vision, Jason is up to the task.

In my opinion it would be great to have someone we know, trust and can relate to on the board.

The problem with these elections is that a fairly small number of members vote. There is a ballot in the magazine that you received last week. Please complete the ballot and mail it TODAY, before it get lost or forgotten. Also, I am asking you to please send this note to 1 other AHRMA members you may know. If we want to develop and ensure the future, we all need to participate in the process.

Thanks

Most of the michigan vintage crowd runs the michigan vintage motocross series and nothing else. 13 races a year for us locally. Might be the reason there are no AHRMA nationals here except red bud now.

It would be good to see a few more "open minds" on the AHRMA board.

Personally I am a VICTIM of this, in the PV Ultima class, bikes up to 1984 and like design are allowed, except no Honda's or Kawasaki's of 84 vintage. They have an early and fairly ineffective disk brake on the front. Even though I put a 1984 RM250 DLS brake on my 81 RM125 that is with good brake shoes and arcing equal or better. My point has always been the bikes that were raced in 1984 are the bikes we should race today in the 1984 class, simple....end of rules.

So today the class can only attract 50% of the potential participants, resulting in small gates of Suzuki's & Yamaha's. We want, no we NEED more riders.

It will take a few years but the members need to support change, vote for JASON

Lets "MAKE AHRMA GREAT AGAIN"

Our award winning candidate..............

Jason.jpg

This is AHRMA ULTIMA Class MX Racing, check out Chuck Sun, @ 3:20 and if you want to race with Chuck join Ahrma and go to Unadilla.

Last edited:
My first AHRMA race was on a Mike Hartney sponsored 1981 CR450.

This entire situation I'm in now with a pseudo MX Museum is ALL HIS FAULT. At that point I had ONE motorcycle, a modern bike. He talked me into taking the factory ride and it's been all downhill since then (for my bank account)!

midohio08.JPG

Last edited:
It was easy to get hooked at VMD in those years. AHRMA and the AMA had a good thing going...

It was easy to get hooked at VMD in those years. AHRMA and the AMA had a good thing going...

It's still a good thing.

I wasn't crazy about the track that went across the road, odd jumps and it was a dust bowl. I'm not sure who came up with the joke the one year about the dust..."when you hit a cooler in the pits, you knew you were off the track" ...LoL

The mx track for the last few years done by the Log Road folks has been fun for both vintage and post vintage...and they've stayed on top of the watering. Great fun!

mooch, I just enjoyed the atmosphere at VMD before the AHRMA, AMA schism thing. Track conditions were too weather dependent but it was fun having all of the old pros around. The Tony D roast and the MX legends pits right outside my trailer made one year interesting. And I had to backed my little toyhauler through a downpour to that spot so there were some great track conditions that year as well. :)

clinton-popular-vote-cartoon.jpg

Its all over, we will see what the POPULAR vote is, waiting for the FAT lady to sing, or Hillary ( same thing)

Last edited:
I had a really late in the game phone message from Beno. Guess that strategy worked.
It doesn't feel great to be a part of a small minority of a small minority of members.

My first AHRMA race was on a Mike Hartney sponsored 1981 CR450.

This entire situation I'm in now with a pseudo MX Museum is ALL HIS FAULT. At that point I had ONE motorcycle, a modern bike. He talked me into taking the factory ride and it's been all downhill since then (for my bank account)!

View attachment 54185

More remarkable is that you finished a moto on that bike and lived to tell the tale! One of MXA's All Time Worst Mx Bikes! Happy you're alive. LOL

Back