AHRMA Board Elections

I had a really late in the game phone message from Beno. Guess that strategy worked.
It doesn't feel great to be a part of a small minority of a small minority of members.

I got a message from Beno asking ME to vote for him too!

My belief is that we are in the majority, those who share a similar progressive view point on rule reform and inclusion of later bike classes in AHRMA off road. It's just that the minority of AHRMA members who actually vote typically support their "buddies" rather than an issue or platform.

Historically, and this year too, a phone campaign has proven the most effective way of actually leveraging voting members. Although I am absolutely certain my social media campaign reached far more people interested in vintage / postvintage MX than the winning Trustees it did not result in an increased number of votes.

Most importantly, the Board of Trustees represents the Members. They must be accountable to the member's wishes. If, as I believe, we are a like-minded majority, then the Trustees are subject to following our will. So ultimately, we are responsible for the health and direction of the organization. Members, formally make your opinions known on the issues and be firm in holding the Trustees accountable for adhering to them.

You can just complain, you can go race elsewhere, or you can take action on effecting change in AHRMA. The choice is yours.

Back