Soooo.....whats the local news?

hershey

PR Elite
The last OMA post was a few weeks ago, the LL schedule is out now!

Congrats to BC, Malvern on staying with the AQ and Chilliitown, a youth REGIONAL!

Moving in the right direction for sure! So whats the scoop on the N vs S stuff? Hows the schedule coming? Are we going to see a N vs S at the battle rounds?

Any new track news?

Im already excited for next year!!! I want info!!

The last OMA post was a few weeks ago, the LL schedule is out now!

Congrats to BC, Malvern on staying with the AQ and Chilliitown, a youth REGIONAL!

Moving in the right direction for sure! So whats the scoop on the N vs S stuff? Hows the schedule coming? Are we going to see a N vs S at the battle rounds?

Any new track news?

Im already excited for next year!!! I want info!!
We are putting up lights now. Winter indoor series kicked off in a big way last Sunday.

Old track news: who recognizes this? I was out on the ground (with permission) 12/9. It was really neat but kinda sad. I have a few more pictures and a good friend has plenty that were forwarded to Rupert Pellet.

Attachments

• IMG_6038.JPG
    IMG_6038.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_6043.JPG
    IMG_6043.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_6054.JPG
    IMG_6054.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_6056.JPG
    IMG_6056.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 293
So I was looking on the Yamaha contingency list for 2017, it shows the Battle series again! Then the "Buckeye Series" that Tank166 posted about and JO said was COCR and Treaty City. Yamaha calls this a new contingency for 2017....There is also the OSWMX series, I looked that up and this series is actually the Treaty city and COCR series.

HHHMMMMMMMMM...........

What is this NEW 2017 Yamaha contingency the "Buckeye Series" then???????????????????????

Somebody needs to spill some beans here, New tracks that created a new series or what???????

...now isn't there a track listed in the track guide a "buckeye" something.....hhmmmmm I may have to turn over a few stones

And, you said its Yamaha $? Do any of the other brands have contingency posted under that "buckeye" name?

Now who in this state that runs a track has any link to Yamaha??????

now do i hear "track championships", More then 2 or 3 races per year per track, and a reduction in classes leading to much more seat time per class????
Southern Ohio has always had plenty or racers. And GREAT promoters that care about the sport and those racers get rewarded with big numbers.
Crystal ball is still glowing.... stay tuned

Jeremy and I have both discussed North/South series options with Scott a few times. Initially, there was some doubt about doing a True North/South series and Scott definitely wanted to see that happen so I believe that is what started him looking at putting a series together. In fact when I told Scott we were going to do a North/South series he told me that he had made up his mind that if we did not, he would be out because he really wanted to see a south series.
I would say the ball was rolling and he wanted to follow through with it, I can understand and respect that. There are definitely no hard feelings on either side that I am aware of. Scott is a good guy with deep roots in MX. I genuinely believe he just wants to make a positive impact in his area of Ohio, and I have no doubt he will succeed!!

While I don't want to steal his thunder on this(I have stayed quiet waiting for him to announce something), it was clear that it needed to be addressed. I will say that one other neighboring track, Dirt Country, has decided work with Scott on this series. Logistically, this makes total sense, and if I were in Cindy's shoes I would probably have done the same thing.

While this does kind of throw a wrench in us doing a south series, I don't view it negatively, I really don't. As long as there is a quality series in the south (which I believe there will be), that is the main objective for Ohio MX.

Well said Jason. While it's disappointing to see these tracks leave the OMA, it makes sense logistically. We didn't see many of the southern riders up here and the tracks down there didn't see many of us from up here. Maybe you guys could workout a middle ground true north vs south race that rotates tracks yearly....say east fork this year, BC next and so on. A once a year showdown!!!

Back