Soooo.....whats the local news?

It makes sense to me. Most of the tracks in the OMA are a good distance(besides 62 /BC) from Columbus and way too far for the Dayton/Cincy racers. Every track that’s in southern Ohio is at max 1.5hrs from Cbus and even closer for the racers in southwest Ohio. The main problem I see is the quality of tracks in the south and the lack of tracks remaining.

· DMC- The new layout is not a racetrack by any means.

· Eastfork- No complaints

· Dirt Country- Way too narrow. Its need to go back to the track of the late 90’s to early 2000.

· COCR- The most potential but track prep is a disaster at best if it’s a little dry.

· Treaty City- They use to have a fun little sx-like track but now the track feels like a bad fair track. They have some members that give some hope.

Potential tracks that could be added:
· Buckeye Hills- A giant mess or worse. The place hasn’t been touched in 2 going on 3 years. The rain ruts at this point I imagine would be 4-5ft deep. The track has a major watering issue.(too much explain) A good portion of the track needs a large amount of dirt added. Equipment? The tractors out there aren’t ideal to work on those type of conditions. Money? Aaron will not put much if any money into it since he’s moving his main dealership in 2017.

· Fast Traxx- They seem to do well without any drama from outside organizations.

· Action Sports- Drew cancels his races if there’s a pop up rain shower 2 states over. Awesome layout .

Last edited:
I agree with Collin on his assessments of the tracks. DMC has done a decent job with raceday prep. But the changes they made, I have heard more negative than positive about the changes. I have not even ridden it, but my son has.

Dirt Country, I would like to see them make some minor improvements. Bring in some dirt and make a few new jumps. The dirt is good, and Rocky and Cindy run a great program.

Buckeye Hills.....decent lay out. Never had the equipment to prep the best.

East Fork, obviously Scott has shown what he can do in the last year with that track.

COCR...Prep is a disaster

TCMC .....Ditto COCR, and the whole thing does not work. Last time I was there, and from what I am told, its not changed. They make little jumps that are more like something people build in their back yards.

Actions Sports.... used to be fun. Have not been there in years.

I cant believe Yamaha gives contingency for a race series between COCR and TCMC. That's crazy.

Back