GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Wish I would of tried these years ago. Pics speak for themselves basically:
IMG_5442.JPG
IMG_5444.JPG
IMG_5443.JPG
IMG_5446.JPG
IMG_5447.JPG

In the above pic you can the see the boot inside is detahed from the shell. This is a great design as there are two Velcro straps one at the top and one calf high NO MORE GAP IN THE TOP OF YOUR BOOT WITH OR WOTHOUT KNEE BRACE.
IMG_5451.JPG

above you can see the red top Velcro standard boot strap. Look deeper and you'll see the calf.
IMG_5449.JPG
IMG_5452.JPG

Above: double stitching and not a fray in sight.
Below: this ain't no Chinese sole look at that Italian masterpiece.
IMG_5445.JPG

Boot is tacky. Fits me to size. I wear a 10. Not as snug as the instinct. But instincts feel cheap now that I've tried these on and walked around my living room.

Never thought I'd say this but these boots are worth he $575 price tag. And at 339 I got a freggin STEEEEAAAAL.

I bought mine this summer. I had Jett's before and loved them. These are better. My only issue is the amount of squeaking they make when walking around. Loudest boot I've ever heard! SC1 helped a little but they still make noise after several months of break-in. Love'm though and I didn't get a deal on them.

I bought mine this summer. I had Jett's before and loved them. These are better. My only issue is the amount of squeaking they make when walking around. Loudest boot I've ever heard! SC1 helped a little but they still make noise after several months of break-in. Love'm though and I didn't get a deal on them.
Well at least I'm not the only one with squeaky boots. I sound like the tin man walking around searching for some oil. Love these boots but damn are they squeaky.

They were 369 doorbuster deal a few days ago in Rocky Mountain. And then I used my race gas bucks from Oma membership and racing malvern and some others this year. Busted her down to 339.

If you like those you need to try the Forma Predator boots. By far the best bolt I had ever owned, and they look friggin' sweet

Attachments

• IMG_5940.PNG
    IMG_5940.PNG
    442.1 KB · Views: 363
I've always wanted to try Sidi's but have never had the balls to buy without trying on.. I love my instincts but feel as though the Sidi's may be my next boot.. see if I can't get some in at Kames.

Ok. I wanna say that instincts are the most comfortable boot right out of the box I've ever put on. They're tacky. They stick to the bike and grip like no other. But I do notice that sidis have the same gripper like components in their design. Plus 1 for sidi!

I have an older version of the instincts that had the lower straps sewn on. Only single stitch sewn. The newer ones dropped the sewing for the cheap plastic clips that break every damn Moto. You can tell where the Chinese quality really shines. It's these stupid clips and the horrible buckles.

Another problem with the instincts is wear. The ankles wear quickly. They require no break in which is great. But until I'm Ryan dungey and fox lays out a new pair every Moto I'm not going to rave about these boots.

Instincts are like like Dunlop tires. THeyre great for a couple motos. By all means if you can keep slapping new tires on every few motors dunlops are where it's at. But I can't be getting new boots 3-5 times a season.

I still have tech8s from when I raced in 2004. My first jump to big bigs. They're still in my truck and I could wear them as a back up set. They have hundred of hours on them. The instincts would NEVER put up to this punishment. But I truly believe these sidis will take years of punishment. Time will tell.

I'm so impressed with the out of box quality that I've been searching for sidi cycling shoes. The Italian company clearly demands quality from its components for its consumers. There's no denying that. That means something to me. I'll spend the money now that I know what I'm getting.

Check out the Second post: http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Fox-Instinct-LE-Boots,1311073

I suppose there are people out there that have the opinion as I do on these instincts and it's not just my imagination.

Last edited:
Instincts have been the best boot I've ever owned and ridden in. Had Tech 8, 10's , Gaerne SG-10, 12's. I will echo what George said about the older tech 8's but will whole heartedly disagree with what you said about the newer instincts. I LOVE mine, have held up better than any boot I've even owned. Laterally, they provide more support than the SG-12's I recently had. The G's also fell apart in short time. My Fox's still look brand new.

But I also run Dunlop tires, so guess I'm a sucker. [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Everytime i step into my instincts something breaks.

They are almost as bad as my sixsixone boots I had 4 years ago. Basically the flip flop of mx boots! Broke my foot in them. Imagine that.

Classic Michelin n sidi vs Dunlop n instincts! Lol

We will see how sidis hold up in Action. I know my Michelin hold up!

Everytime i step into my instincts something breaks.

They are almost as bad as my sixsixone boots I had 4 years ago. Basically the flip flop of mx boots! Broke my foot in them. Imagine that.

Classic Michelin n sidi vs Dunlop n instincts! Lol

We will see how sidis hold up in Action. I know my Michelin hold up!

Lol. I tore knobs off my Michelins Starcrosses in one ride. Sidewalls rolled underneath of themselves unless you ran over 15 lbs. Rocky Mountain warrantied the tire. I pulled the front off and sold them on Craigslist.

MX3S. I don't mind swapping tires 3-4 times a year with as much as I ride. Would rather have a well performing tire rather than one with a rock hard compound and 0 event support. Same thought goes for Fox vs. Sidi, which local dealer did you buy the Sidi's from again??

I've always wanted to try Sidi's but have never had the balls to buy without trying on.. I love my instincts but feel as though the Sidi's may be my next boot.. see if I can't get some in at Kames.

I always look on ebay for used boots and try to get em cheap before buying new, just a thought because then if you like em you have 2 pair

Ok. I wanna say that instincts are the most comfortable boot right out of the box I've ever put on. They're tacky. They stick to the bike and grip like no other. But I do notice that sidis have the same gripper like components in their design. Plus 1 for sidi!

I have an older version of the instincts that had the lower straps sewn on. Only single stitch sewn. The newer ones dropped the sewing for the cheap plastic clips that break every damn Moto. You can tell where the Chinese quality really shines. It's these stupid clips and the horrible buckles.

Another problem with the instincts is wear. The ankles wear quickly. They require no break in which is great. But until I'm Ryan dungey and fox lays out a new pair every Moto I'm not going to rave about these boots.

Instincts are like like Dunlop tires. THeyre great for a couple motos. By all means if you can keep slapping new tires on every few motors dunlops are where it's at. But I can't be getting new boots 3-5 times a season.

I still have tech8s from when I raced in 2004. My first jump to big bigs. They're still in my truck and I could wear them as a back up set. They have hundred of hours on them. The instincts would NEVER put up to this punishment. But I truly believe these sidis will take years of punishment. Time will tell.

I'm so impressed with the out of box quality that I've been searching for sidi cycling shoes. The Italian company clearly demands quality from its components for its consumers. There's no denying that. That means something to me. I'll spend the money now that I know what I'm getting.

Check out the Second post: http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Fox-Instinct-LE-Boots,1311073

I suppose there are people out there that have the opinion as I do on these instincts and it's not just my imagination.

Damn, those dudes on vital are really tearing the fox boots up.......(heavy sarcasm) [emoji12]

Back