Racing numbers down every where obviously

hershey

PR Elite
So the practice vs race days in the same race organization isn't just a concern we have. AMA district 22 addressed it in their way trying to get more racers on the line.

25947.png

Won't work.

Maybe they should try adding shrubbery, and hype for their events like chilitown.....day in the dirt has no problems getting turnout. I just think nobody wants to race locally period. I don't really care to either outside of the battle series and EROC motoXcountry.

Just keep adding classes. That will raise your numbers..
No wait, racer vs practice rider is a completely different group of people. Right?
Add quads. That will help
But those poor racers don't know the fun they are missing at the series banquet...

Even I am almost tired of talking about this. No one will listen. They clearly know better. Just keep doing the same thing over and over. The results will change. Right?

How about raising the cost of practice? Make it $25 to race (plus you get a $10 RMATVMC Card), and make the cost of practicing $40. You can ride all day long and get so much track time, you should pay more right? Maybe people would show up at the races then.

How about raising the cost of practice? Make it $25 to race (plus you get a $10 RMATVMC Card), and make the cost of practicing $40. You can ride all day long and get so much track time, you should pay more right? Maybe people would show up at the races then.

I think people would just find different tracks to practice at then.

I think people just dont understand that times are different. The consumer has changed. Either people have a desire to race or they dont. The D22 solution works on a few levels, they are a group of tracks looking out for each other. They stand together and want to have a larger attendance at their races. In that respect its a winner. How ever its a loser for some riders who only want to practice, the riders who just want to ride will still go to the race if that is their only option left.

Years ago the only options were race or strip mines.....its a different time now.

Make the sport even more expensive than it all ready is?......

Make the sport even more expensive than it all ready is?......
Is it truly a sport if it's not a competition? Meaning, is practice really considered a sport? I don't know the answer, just sayin'. If you are asked if you play any sports, can you answer that you "ride" motorcycles?

Is it truly a sport if it's not a competition? Meaning, is practice really considered a sport? I don't know the answer, just sayin'. If you are asked if you play any sports, can you answer that you "ride" motorcycles?

I thought we were discussing why people weren't going to races, not debating if I'm in the "sport" or not.
Personally, I did only one kames night series race and an EROC gp this year, but thats because it costs me twice as much to race than to go to an open practice.
I ride my bike for the pure enjoyment of the sport.
And last time I checked, I didnt see Dungey making any posts on here.....

Not a sport for some, in fact it's a hobby for most. I'd like to see more open practice during the week to get ready for racing on the weekends. At some point you gotta get bored of practicing the same track and you're going to want to go race someone right?

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I agree. I get tired of practice after about an hour. To me it is just not like being at the races and racing. I am not even sure practice would help my racing......Because I just never seem to get the motivation to practice the whole track like you race a track. Totally different.

I get some people don't want to race for a thousand reasons. But no one can argue in my opinion that if a OMA track is having a practice day an hour from a race, it hurts their race numbers with some entries.

I agree. I get tired of practice after about an hour. To me it is just not like being at the races and racing. I am not even sure practice would help my racing......Because I just never seem to get the motivation to practice the whole track like you race a track. Totally different.

I get some people don't want to race for a thousand reasons. But no one can argue in my opinion that if a OMA track is having a practice day an hour from a race, it hurts their race numbers with some entries.

I 100% agree

I say keep the open practices. I don't care if its across the street from a scheduled race. Just give the RACERS more bang for the buck. And the simple answer to that is more seat time. Like it or not, the only way to that goal is a reduction in classes. A 7 min moto is killing racing. Anyone that understands simple math can figure out it is not worth it to race if that's all the time you are going to get.
Been saying it for YEARS. And it only takes one track to say I am going to try it.
Max 14 classes.
minimum of 12 min moto's.
If the numbers don't go up after a year, then go back to your 7 min races. Trying it will at least shut me up, and that has to worth something.

But really, it does not look like a big ask to have only races on Sunday. You can have the other 6 days to open for practice. Just leave Sunday alone...

Oh, unless you have lights and want to race on a Friday or Saturday night. But then you don't have to worry about other tracks being open for practice.

And practice is a hobby. Racing is a sport.

Back