Racing numbers down every where obviously

12 minute moto would get my vote but I don't think a lot of guys have the fitness to do 2 motos that long. You're right though one track needs to try it and get some feed back, I hate getting a bad start and the race is over before I can make any ground.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Well we have the same topics every winter and the only difference this winter is a few promoter handles not throwing down any input.

....because they beat this horse, tried different things and s**t flopped. Well didn't flop but it didn't affect turnout.

Won't work.

Maybe they should try adding shrubbery, and hype for their events like chilitown.....day in the dirt has no problems getting turnout. I just think nobody wants to race locally period. I don't really care to either outside of the battle series and EROC motoXcountry.[/QUOTE
Same

I'm pretty sure the promoters are watching and reading the posts , there is just only so Many things you can try, sooner or later it really boils down to a dwindling rider base and more places to split up the pie than ever before . CRA is cutting down the amount of classes this year , but I'll bet we get more complaints from the ones we cut than it's going to be worth ! It's very discouraging from a promoters standpoint .

I know a few people that would take advantage of the photo op!

True story. I am still President of the Wee Bucs Football program. We charge $160 a season to play football. At the end of the season we give each grade level a gift for their team parties, Hoodies, lights, pullovers, Etc. Depends on grade. We then give the teams something like $22 a player for team parties. We used to give trophies too.

This year after talking to others organizations in our league we decided to stop giving out the participation trophies from the Wee Bucs......we caught all kinds of hell for cutting them out! My response was if you want trophies for your team, go buy them out of your $22 a player for the team parties. Amazes me the things people complain about.

Won't work.

Maybe they should try adding shrubbery, and hype for their events like chilitown.....day in the dirt has no problems getting turnout. I just think nobody wants to race locally period. I don't really care to either outside of the battle series and EROC motoXcountry.
Shrubbery!!! I can install and maintain. Sweeeet! Free race day watering too with installs. Pennies from heaven.

so lets look at this from a different angle. Any plans on getting all new racers? Got a couple great opertunities to spread the word about local racing. The first Arenabumpercross race is in Cincy. has any of the "series" organizations contacted them about setting up a tent in the lobby to hand out info about local racing? That is the perfect time. All the parents of little Johnny will be there with the kids... Get them hooked and then reel them in.
Then the Indy DungeyRoczenCross, Same thing. 50K people, atleast one of them will want to "try it". Anyone got a display? I would assume Feld / MX Sports would be OK with it (since half the crowd is already racers.

Heck, I would do the same thing at all the Monster Jam events and Nitro thingys. The place is full of motorheads / rednecks. Those are our people. Go get them.

Anyone working with local shops to offer a free race if you buy a bike from ______ shop? That is a win win, Extra boney for the shop to advertise and good for the sport.

How about the AMA? (I am trying to be nice here, and i mean it) Are they doing anything new like contacting old members to try to get them back? Same thing for the tracks. You should have a list of every racer that has ever been to your track, right? And i assume their address, so are you sending them a Christmas card that says "please come back"?

What about having someone go to Haspin, Wayne National and all the other open riding locations each weekend and hand out the same info? Those guys already have bikes. Why not try to get a few to try racing.

Back to the AMA. (Nice again, I swear) I assume they keep a list of racers that have tried racing this past year or two. Or at least could get it. Can anyone get an address list from them and then send out a "hey, i seen you tried racing at _____, here is a 1/2 your first class sign up if you come back." post card. Whats a post card cost? 13 cents?

^^^ I like practical ideas. What is the Pacific Northwest/California doing to draw racers? Online it seems like they get amazing turn outs at amateur events. Red Bull/Monster probably helps that quite a bit. Plus YouTube publicity like Vurb Moto.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Last edited:
Back