2017 SX starts tonight, whats with the crickets???

....A four-stroke Honda has never won the big boy class SX championship ...that may change this year.

I don't know. I think Kenny pushes the envelope and that might bite him. When he is winning by 14 seconds over Dungey, is he pushing too hard? Look at the 2nd main at the MEC. One little mistake and he was over the bars. He seems to have one or two slips a season. When that happens Dungey will be there to pounce.

....A four-stroke Honda has never won the big boy class SX championship ...that may change this year.

That's pretty wild to think about that! And they have been out since 2002, that's 15 years!

Something surprising to me about A1 was that Suzuki had the most bikes in the 450 main event at 6.

Making a push for a come back. Or maybe the Stewart payroll allowed some more bikes to be actually on the track.

Good Point Georgie, Stewart's salary had to be huge. It freed up a lot of money. RC won on a Honda in 04 I think, surprising that was on a 2-stroke. Surprising there were more Suzuki's, I thought they were about done. Nice come back.

RC won 2002 & 2003 for Red - Both times on a CR not a CRF

A 4-stroke didn't win SX until RC won on his RMZ in 2006 - up until then, it was all 2-strokes...

And a Honda 4-stroke has never won the elite class in SX.

RV winning 4 in a row on Kaw and Dunge winning 3 (1 on Suz, 2 on KTM) has sort of clogged up the SX titles for a while now.

I remember when I first started racing MX one title streak was that Suzuki had won every single 125 World MX title that ever existed. They did not lose the 125 MX World title until around 1987.

EDIT -- I just looked it up. Suzuki won the 125 World MX title from its inception in 1975 until 1985 (which was won by Cagiva)

RC won 2002 & 2003 for Red - Both times on a CR not a CRF

A 4-stroke didn't win SX until RC won on his RMZ in 2006 - up until then, it was all 2-strokes...

And a Honda 4-stroke has never won the elite class in SX.
Was he out for supercross with ACL in 2004? I remember him winning outdoors on 450.

Just seems odd because KTM got a lot of flak for taking so long to get a championship in SX...
The "unicam" has yet to do it...

I am surprised KTM picked up Canard. DeCoster is smarter than that.

If Canard was gonna make it to the front he would have done it already.
Does not seem to be a fit for RD same initials as RD5.....................

I don't know. I think Kenny pushes the envelope and that might bite him. When he is winning by 14 seconds over Dungey, is he pushing too hard? Look at the 2nd main at the MEC. One little mistake and he was over the bars. He seems to have one or two slips a season. When that happens Dungey will be there to pounce.
I called this on January 9th.

Agree it sucks. Just seems to happen to him. Dungey even said, the track was nasty, and he just concentrated on hitting his marks. Marvin was catching Dungey, but I think Dungey probably pulled a Dungey, and backed it down just a tick to make sure he finished the race on a nasty track. He seems to be a master of that his whole career. Will be surprised if Roczen did not hurt his arm or wrist or have a concussion. He hit REALLY hard.

Back