One State 4 different "organizations"

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Part of New Years resolution was try to be more positive. Well it's tough most days.

While I was eating breakfast I thinking how Ohio has 4 different mx "organizations" in one state.
OMA, Plessingers deal , Cocr/Treaty and Fast Traxx. So potentially and most likely we will have 4 different series and a very good chance of a few tracks running over top of each other on several weekends.

All this on top of open practice weekends and we have a recipe for success.

Some times having too many choices isn't a good thing.

A series championship in Ohio means nothing. Never has. It means nothing to the tracks and promoters. As long as you come to their track, they don't care and in 99.9% of the time, don't want you going to other tracks even in the series they are part of. I don't see manufacturers lining up to sign the next 25+ champ from any state series. Pick your fav track (s) and go racing.
How I am picking tracks to support:
1. Proximity to my home
2. Cost
3. laps
4. Quality of the track
5. Do I like the promoter

The idea of a series sounds wonderful but it would have to be created and ran through a racer organization. Not tracks and not a suburb of Columbus

Getting all the racers organized is a pipe dream at best so sorry to say. This is as good as it gets

I agree with most of that. I have for years raced the track that I wanted to race, did not depend on the organization. Most "Championships" in Ohio for the past umpteen years have all gone to the guy that just showed up at the most races. He might finish 2nd to last in every race, but damn it, he was there. I've always said that if it's 10 races, count 70% of the best for the rider. Toss out 3 races. Don't force me to race a crappy track, or go on a rainy day if I don't want to just to collect points.

Also, I hear Treaty is getting a race in the Buckeye series, maybe only one....But that's the rumor.

[QUOTE="John250, post: 635958, member: 8728 I hear Treaty is getting a race in the Buckeye series, maybe only one....But that's the rumor.[/QUOTE]

They could have a pro race on the tour and would still get the same 45 people.
It's not the series. It's the track. It's a shame cause all they need is a real track builder to come in and build something. Then go to a Chilitown race and take notes on how to run a race.
It will never get better with "club members" that dig a hole, fill it with sand then announce 400 times that they worked their ass off. No. No they didn't

A series championship in Ohio means nothing. Never has. It means nothing to the tracks and promoters. As long as you come to their track, they don't care and in 99.9% of the time, don't want you going to other tracks even in the series they are part of. I don't see manufacturers lining up to sign the next 25+ champ from any state series. Pick your fav track (s) and go racing.
How I am picking tracks to support:
1. Proximity to my home
2. Cost
3. laps
4. Quality of the track
5. Do I like the promoter

The idea of a series sounds wonderful but it would have to be created and ran through a racer organization. Not tracks and not a suburb of Columbus

Getting all the racers organized is a pipe dream at best so sorry to say. This is as good as it gets
Where's my trump meme: Wrong!

It means a lot to the families of the over 500 ticket holders for the OMA banquet. Your post should read that it means nothing to self promoted super motocross elite of Ohio who feel they're better than everyone else.

Where's my trump meme: Wrong!

It means a lot to the families of the over 500 ticket holders for the OMA banquet. Your post should read that it means nothing to self promoted super motocross elite of Ohio who feel they're better than everyone else.
Hold that "banquet" during the summer against a race from any other organization and you will see those numbers sink like an OMA race outside the big 3.
And oh the irony of your post. From someone who created "organization" for the self promoting, thought to be elite, who believe they are better than other tracks.

Hold that "banquet" during the summer against a race from any other organization and you will see those numbers sink like an OMA race outside the big 3.
And oh the irony of your post. From someone who created "organization" for the self promoting, thought to be elite, who believe they are better than other tracks.

Well no doubt because OMA members want to race, no s**t Sherlock.

CRA is still around. Feels a lot smaller than I remember when I was young. If I'm right their memberships were free too. Not anymore but.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Only in ohio can you have Ama, OMA, Mra, Cra and those are just the ones I have. Probably need different ones in southern ohio.

And a 30 year old swept A classes at scummit.

Just sayin.

Kids should be faster. Sorry, not sorry.
But they are not getting faster. In fact they are worse than ever and it is a result from everyone of those "organizations" all doing the same thing. Ripping the sport down to how much $ can be pulled from their or their parents wallets as quickly as possible

Just how much faster should the kids be experts. I believe the guy that won has made pro mains. If I went by what was said on this Web site I would of quit riding along time ago and feel into such a deep drepression I'd still be asleep.

Just how much faster should the kids be experts. I believe the guy that won has made pro mains. If I went by what was said on this Web site I would of quit riding along time ago and feel into such a deep drepression I'd still be asleep.
Guy that won is fast. He was fast when he was a kid too. All I was saying is that the youth of the sport locally is not as quick as it used to be. Mcdade Kilbarger and Roman were battling at summit up front 10 and 12 years ago.

Bout the only thing carrying Moto is the current vets. Once they're too old the ass will fall out.

I ran across an article a week or so ago some where. It talked about how the Vet market was the biggest buying segment of new dirt bike purchases.

I ran across an article a week or so ago some where. It talked about how the Vet market was the biggest buying segment of new dirt bike purchases.

Of course, kids these days cant afford to buy their own bikes as easily as we could. A $500 bike for us in the 80's or earlier was a good bike for the most part. Today a bike in that condition would be $3-4000 dollars.

I think what Knox is saying is that every organization has a "state championship" or what ever the flavor of the week is. It has diluted the meaning for the events. I think what he means is you need to look at the organization running the series to know if its one with a crowd of fast riders to challenge you or just a name to try and draw more riders and money.

The Battle series has grown greatly and is a series to attend for real competition for Ohio. But I also believe, if you look at attendance, riders arent concerned any more with chasing points for year end series awards like they used to be. I know in the mid 90's to early 2k years when I raced quite a bit the attendance was far greater than it is now. You saw a much greater number of the same people most weekends at the races.

Yea. The Student loan debt and gainful employment gap weren't a factor back then either.

My age group are satisfied with paying a student loan (the new mortgage) living in an apartment and going out to eat. Leasing a car, or financing for 84 months.

Health insurance is harder to come by.

So if my age group isn't racing. My age groups kids won't be racing. I can pretty much afford to ride. And select a few good competitive races to attend. Many of my age group don't own anything. And they wouldn't fork out 3000 for a nice clean bike to get into racing. But they'll buy $200 lebrons.

Vets are racing. They always were racing. and it shows. The older age vet classes around my area are 15-20 each race local. When they're gone.....whose left ?!

Last edited:
Back