Cleveland Motocross Track is a go!!

It'll have to be a public bid though. I'll keep an eye out on builders exchange for the plans. Material will have to be made in USA, minority contractors/suppliers. But it's all earth moving and labor and a little electrical so you might be able to get away with it. Renting the equipment and such. Storm water, surveying, geotechnical, engineered drawings, bids, addendum's, rebids, blah blah...this is a long way out before construction can happen. I'd bet the whole project gets thrown out after they get bids in, the estimates architects and engineers give are usually low.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

They said it was on an old dump. There are TONS of regulations on use and movement of dirt controlled by the EPA on old dump sites.

They said it was on an old dump. There are TONS of regulations on use and movement of dirt controlled by the EPA on old dump sites.
There already talking about removing the soil there because of it being hazardous material. Being a contractor in Cleveland it's very intriguing to see where this ends up.

I believe once they find out what restrictions are on the land, and what it takes to be compliant the project gets nixed.

How are they going to waater the track, is there a lake there?
Hell no......they have something better. City Water! No need to flush the fire hydrants in a 3 mile radius of that location.

No names being mentioned, but there is a local track that has hooked up to the fire hydrant to water their track for as long as I can remember. Even when the local FD or Police show up, NOTHING has ever been said to them.

is there a lake there?

Nope, no lakes anywhere near Cleveland!

Lake-Erie-Beach-Banner1.jpg

Did anyone notice the subdivision next to the proposed lot? You could throw a baseball from the front door of 100+ peoples' homes to hit any part of the track. Given it's a government job, it could amount to a taking, and the city would be on the hook for purchasing all of those homes.

Absent that, you're still going to have hundreds of nuisance claims and injunctions filed before the first bulldozer fires up.

Did anyone notice the subdivision next to the proposed lot? You could throw a baseball from the front door of 100+ peoples' homes to hit any part of the track. Given it's a government job, it could amount to a taking, and the city would be on the hook for purchasing all of those homes.

Absent that, you're still going to have hundreds of nuisance claims and injunctions filed before the first bulldozer fires up.
Imminent domain isn't subject to nuisance.

I live in the city and I see no real good coming from this just a hugh waste of my tax money, in a county that had property taxes raised 26% 5 years ago and renewed last year and have something like a 50% population drop since about 1970,yeah this is a great idea.......not

Last edited:
Imminent domain isn't subject to nuisance.

It's eminent and certainly not that simple.

The quick and dirty is that a shitload of bikes buzzing around all day is gonna force these homeowners to take a hit on equity. Afterwards, no one is ever going to buy a home which is across the street from a government sponsored track which hosts the greater Cleveland's stolen bikes.

It's eminent and certainly not that simple.

The quick and dirty is that a shitload of bikes buzzing around all day is gonna force these homeowners to take a hit on equity. Afterwards, no one is ever going to buy a home which is across the street from a government sponsored track which hosts the greater Cleveland's stolen bikes.

Excellent point. However, the section 8 owners might be upset. But I doubt these project houses are gonna be vacated.

It'll have to be a public bid though. I'll keep an eye out on builders exchange for the plans. Material will have to be made in USA, minority contractors/suppliers. But it's all earth moving and labor and a little electrical so you might be able to get away with it. Renting the equipment and such. Storm water, surveying, geotechnical, engineered drawings, bids, addendum's, rebids, blah blah...this is a long way out before construction can happen. I'd bet the whole project gets thrown out after they get bids in, the estimates architects and engineers give are usually low.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
That and it's this being built on an old landfill or land that didn't pass some sort of guideline. Now with a new name and a different approach with different guidelines, it's being developed. Maybe I'm way off base?

Back