Arlington SX

image.jpeg
Kawasaki new works bike tool kit

When I saw how slick it was getting I could tell Tomac wasn't going to last long . Had to slow down to go fast ; not in Eli's playbook . Liked all the lines Dungey was using , trying to find some traction . Too bad about the flat tire for Webb , seems like he has things figured out pretty well now . Would be cool if he could win one in his " rookie " season .

it looked like tomacs crash was caused by brake problems not the conditions & there where alot of that happening during the race

Liked all the lines Dungey was using , trying to find some traction .
I agree. I thought Dungey was trying to find smooth spots and NOT always following #15. It was a joy to watch real riding on a track that was hard to pass on. All in all another very exciting race. I'm an avid fan but trying to pick each weeks top 5 has proved to be very difficult. It sure has been an unpredictable season so far. I'm going to Indy and was worried by then that the championship would already be decided. Throw that out the window. Glad for MM, well deserved win. So many could win there first race if Tomac bails off and Dungey has bad starts. Webb, Seely, Anderson, Reed maybe could all win at least one race. Dungey finishes 4th and extends his points lead. Dudes got it dialed in, in my book.

Dialed???? Lmao.....he got 4th and top guys weren't in the mix! He isn't a fast charging rider...ever. He is the champ of putting himself in the right spot all the time. I agree that makes him a champion usually. Its just boring.

Congrats to Marv, and deano. Otherwise whatever, Bummed for coop.

Oh and the RIPPA jimmy D! Lites kind of sucked this weekend too, never found up what happened with shanes kaboom.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Last edited:
After Kawi winning the last two races in the 450 class, there was not one in the top ten this week. Interesting, there was one Honda, 2 Huskies, 3 KTM's and 4 Suzukis. No Yamaha's or Kawasaki's. A while back I thought maybe Suzuki was going down the tubes. But they are hanging in there. There were no Suzuki's in the 250 class this week. I just looked and Tomac was the only Kawi rider in the race, Grant is injured, again. Wonder why not many ride the brand compared to Suzuki?

It's hilarious to me that dungeys catastrophic races result in 4th place or better. But he's mediocre. :eek: He keeps this up he's gonna dethrone the goat for the goat title.

Last edited:
It's hilarious to me that dungeys catastrophic races result in 4th place or better. But he's mediocre. :eek: He keeps this up he's gonna dethrone the goat for the goat title.

In SX maybe but a GOAT he will NEVER be. RC was a rider with a killer instinct. Dungey is consistent but no killer by any stretch of the imagination. He is what Reed was in the era of RC4, KW14 and JS7.....except none of those quality riders are there and he is taking advantage.

Going to have to disagree... Aldon made a good point, no one remembers who won a certain race each year.. its Championships people remember and that bring in the big bucks, which is something Dungey has been killing.

People will always remember RD5 championships by who was leading the series and got injured. Like it or not you will always hear JS, RV, KR handed him titles.

Going to have to disagree... Aldon made a good point, no one remembers who won a certain race each year.. its Championships people remember and that bring in the big bucks, which is something Dungey has been killing.

But the numbers will show it. Reed still has a HUGE lead on all time podiums, McGrath will never be touched in SX wins and RC will hold the outdoor win title for a very long time. He will never come close to a perfect season like JS7 or 2 of them like RC. My point being he is only a great rider because of his timing, he lacks ( and even DeCoster has complained about it ) the killer instinct. RC once said " I cant explain it but I do what I have to do when I have to do it " ..... Thats how you win races AND championships. Dungey is happy not winning races.

Dont get me wrong, the guy is one of the all time best racers. But for me, watching races is fun when you are watching the best RIDERS.... they make it fun, exciting and puts you on the edge of your seat! Dungey very rarely provides that, its all the guys around him that are hungry. Guys have gotten hurt, KR didnt ride over his head and he hasnt been hurt very often at all in his time. It was a fluke. RV, DeCoster, Hannah, RC, McGrath just to name a very few, were riders that rode 100% all the time to win RACES and championships. Thats fun to watch!!

The guy wins championships. The guy collects HUGE bonuses for championships and gets bigger contracts for championships. He's doing exactly what every factory wants a rider to do.

I think the guy runs at 100% all the time. He just does not try to do 101%. Because NO ONE can. Championships are won by consistent lap times. Check out The Dung pit board each and every lap. It shows his lap times. Not +4 / Tomac. Just Lap times. If you see a pit board with + anything, then that mechanic is worried about someone behind you and assuming you are loafing and can suddenly snap out of it and "try harder". Listen to the podium interviews. "just hitting my marks", "Putting in consistent laps".
Look at last week. Toesmack gained most of that time jumping the "quad" Only him and Webb were doing it. They were ahead of everyone else. They all could see them doing it and never tried it. The Dung was ahead of them so I would assume he did not see them jumping it, and or, was not willing to go to that 101% level and try it while leading. Smart = Champ

You can be faster for 1 lap, 5 laps, 10 laps or 20 laps.......but if your not there crossing the finishing line every week, you wont win Championships.

Who gives a s**t about winning championships here? Not me, I want to watch good racing and Dungey is effing boring. And on top of that he is just a two faced poster boy that is really a dick. If I want to watch consistent I would watch NASCAR....the epitome of boring. I want to watch the guys going all out and trying to battle.

Knox, what are you smoking now? RV never went 101% all the time? RC, Hannah didnt? Get off the crack.

Back