RMATVMC Presidents day sale

f6f2e59aa7e96a3b0f38b5cd7fedae17.jpg

Jap bikes signing in.

15 hours on piston and rings though? Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

f6f2e59aa7e96a3b0f38b5cd7fedae17.jpg

Jap bikes signing in.

15 hours on piston and rings though? Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
15 hrs does seem pretty early to be changing a piston. I had a yz450 that had 65 hrs on it before I changed the piston. Piston still looked brand new. 15 hrs seems lengthy on the oil change. I stick to every 3 hrs.

Yea I mean some of the vets I see won't touch the track until all the slop and questionable wet spots Are gone.

Now I know why. Easier on the equipment. Easier to clean ha.

My 144 Athena piston was pretty beat at 20 hours. But that's a high rev mixer too....

Jack Bierbower, post: 637336, member: 13469"]Do those pro taper wireless hour meters work pretty well?

I've had problems with the wireless hour meters on some bikes, and no issues with the wireless meters on others. I will say.. I have had ZERO issues with Works Connection's hour meter on a multitude of bikes.

Also, No experience with four strokes.. but 12 hours tops on my 125 with a cast piston, then I change it so I don't push the envelope.

Follow the manual of your new bike or roll the dice

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a pro taper wireless hour meter, it worked well but the numbers threw me off..not sure if others are like this but it went .1 .2 .3 .4 .5 .6 and then 1. the .1 represents 10 minutes... rather than the rest ive used counted up to 9 so .1 was just .1 hour = 6 minutes.

i have heard stories of them activating in truck or trailer and stufff, but i kept a good eye on mine and it seemed to work well and be accurate.

and an oil change after every ride is insane and i probably wouldnt believe 90% of ppl if i bought a used bike and they said that. i kind of base mine off of where i rode and how the track was... aka a muddy day that i beat on the clutch ill probably change it sooner. its cheap insurance for sure but every ride is nuts.

on a new bike i do a new filter every oil change..once it hits like 15 hrs ill switch to every other oil change...

air filter gets looked at every ride... probably 4/5 times it gets changed but on some rare occasions i let it go. but im a pro practicer, so i actually put time on the bike when i ride.. if it was just race day i could probably go 2 months without changing it

Reactions: DTS
Got my email, stocked up on the Neutron filters and brake pads, as well as the fork oil! Used up the rest of my gift cards just in time to start earning more next weekend!
This maybe a stupid question but how do you know what weight of fork oil to buy? I've always taken mine to someone but thinking I'll try to save some money and do it myself or is that a bad idea

Back