Van ?

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I've been struggling with this decision for a few years now. The plan is to get rid of my daily driver (Tundra) and purchase a high roof Dodge Promaster. Outfit it for over night stays and to haul kids/bikes or whatever. Drive the van for a few months until I find second car to commute with. .

Thoughts?
I have only owned trucks my whole life.

Man that sounds like a great opportunity. I've owned pickups and vans for years. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I have had more vans than trucks. For me they are more versatile. I've used my full size Chevy for so many adventures, camping, MXing, hauling, construction, towing, traveling with the family. I will replace it with another Chevy van when this one is wore out. So many variations for the interior. My perfect idea would be it would all be removable for different uses. Some times if it's permently one style it's hard to use it for other things. I've been driving a VW Golf diesel for a commuter. 290,000 miles, fun to drive, 40 mpg's, torquey motor. I like the combo of vehicles. My wife has her SUV and I have my cars for every situation. Hope that helps. Pickups are cool and useful as well. Just depends on what you want to do with it. Now if I could have a nice 4x4 Chevy truck in the arsenal. Then maybe a Vette and so on.

I have a 2016 Ford Transit 250 long wheel base high topper. We are selling it...great shape. Feel free to contact me if this would be of interest.... I can take your Tundra in on trade. I am the general manager of this store. I can be reached at (814) 437-3068 ext 118....my name is STeve

http://auto.theautogiant.net/search_carview.cfm?STOCK=C8604P&scope=acrivelli&newcar=0

I will check it out. I mainly have been looking at the Promaster gas because the lower cost and fuel mileage is pretty good for the size.

Man that sounds like a great opportunity. I've owned pickups and vans for years. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I have had more vans than trucks. For me they are more versatile. I've used my full size Chevy for so many adventures, camping, MXing, hauling, construction, towing, traveling with the family. I will replace it with another Chevy van when this one is wore out. So many variations for the interior. My perfect idea would be it would all be removable for different uses. Some times if it's permently one style it's hard to use it for other things. I've been driving a VW Golf diesel for a commuter. 290,000 miles, fun to drive, 40 mpg's, torquey motor. I like the combo of vehicles. My wife has her SUV and I have my cars for every situation. Hope that helps. Pickups are cool and useful as well. Just depends on what you want to do with it. Now if I could have a nice 4x4 Chevy truck in the arsenal. Then maybe a Vette and so on.

If I didn't live a subdivision I would buy another enclosed trailer or toy hauler but my HOA won't allow that. I'm having a hard making my mind up since my wife is saying I will hate it in a few months and her track record of being right on things like this are spot on.

I agree with her. You will hate the van. Plus with the kids, at the races, they will like sleeping in a toy hauler. I have a friend selling a small toy hauler that could be pulled behind the tundra. You just need to pay $30 or $40 a month storage somewhere close to your house.

Big bear, how about a hook up on that 15 platinum? Lol

The van idea has crossed my mind, but I can't be without a pick up. However, for my father's business he is in the market for a hi topper lwb.. What kinda pitracer deal could be had on that Ford?

I love my van. It does everything. Moto. Jet ski. Mulch. Antique crap my wife has to buy at estate sales....rain snow sleet or hail I can haul it.

Mulch is tricky. Ha. But I've loaded it up before.

i have never bought a van and regretted it. vans are awesome.

partial to sprinters but would not recommend one if youre looking for reliable

oh, and move. if you cant buy things you want and store them at your own house why are you alive

i have never bought a van and regretted it. vans are awesome.

partial to sprinters but would not recommend one if youre looking for reliable

oh, and move. if you cant buy things you want and store them at your own house why are you alive
I agree it's our first house. I'm in year 2 of a 5 year plan to moving out in the country.

I agree with her. You will hate the van. Plus with the kids, at the races, they will like sleeping in a toy hauler. I have a friend selling a small toy hauler that could be pulled behind the tundra. You just need to pay $30 or $40 a month storage somewhere close to your house.

I hate to admit it but you're usually right too..(350sxf and YZ250)

I'm going to at least go drive one this week and that may rule the van out.
As far as paying for storage it run about $50-70 a month near me, 2 storage places closed in my area and the remaining one jacked up his prices.

I tagged you on FB to a friend of mines toy hauler they are selling. It is one of the smaller ones, towable behind your truck. Ask around, sometimes people know people with Barn and what not that store. I have same HOA issue. I used to store my trailer for $25 a month in his barn a mile down the street.

I have a 3/4 ton truck and a 3/4 ton chevy van. Bought the van for my work, but I love it. I use my van way more than my truck. Just bought a low roof 136" promaster. Only used it a little so far, but I love it. more height, better mpg, more room. drives way nicer than my older van too

I've been struggling with this decision for a few years now. The plan is to get rid of my daily driver (Tundra) and purchase a high roof Dodge Promaster. Outfit it for over night stays and to haul kids/bikes or whatever. Drive the van for a few months until I find second car to commute with. .

Thoughts?
I have only owned trucks my whole life.
I own a garage door service and reasearced a little before making my purchase.....went with the Nissan nv2500 high top
10/year
100,000 mile
3/4 ton
Bought a 14" in 15 29,000$
Went into it looking hard at the transits but just couldn't sell myself on an eco boost 6 cylinder... they don't even offer them vans in a v8.... and have u seen them dinky tires
"Come on man"

I test drove a transit 150 med roof, lwb, std 3.7 engine. I really liked it, and would have bought it, but couldn't come to a deal. Vans are the best for racing, a bit of a compromise as an everyday driver though.

I have a 3/4 ton truck and a 3/4 ton chevy van. Bought the van for my work, but I love it. I use my van way more than my truck. Just bought a low roof 136" promaster. Only used it a little so far, but I love it. more height, better mpg, more room. drives way nicer than my older van too
What kinda mileage are you getting?

Only been on the highway so far. Down 77 through the mountains, 17.5. Everything else has been 18-19.5. Doing 75.

I meant all of the other highway has been 18-19.5. I'm sure I could get low 20s if I would slow down.

We have a 24' toy box and we took it to the hills in WV and our average gas mileage was almost 9. That was with a 500 quad, pit bike, and about 30 gallons of water. Not to mention up one side and down the other in the hills. We use a 1500 Dodge Ram.

Back