Rt 62

motox37

PR Member
First thanks for opening this past weekend. You have a great facility. I know you don't like forums. I just have to say you have you have one of the best opportunities to create a great mx complex. This is my opinion, and do with it what you want. Your jumps need some work. 90% of us don't feel like launching 3rd gear wide open to clear something. Honda Hills had no jumps to speak of and yet the current track owners think we want to launch 20 feet in the air. If you don't launch you flat land which is no fun. Your track is all table tops which is good if you clear them. Some are 80ft or more i saw 1 guy clear all of them and maybe 8 that cleared the big ones. I am a vet rider and ex A rider my son rides the c class like 85% of the people i saw riding. My point is make it fun for 50% of the riders put some humps in the middle of those table tops so they can clear the hump if they don't want to go for it. JO i think struggled with this in the first few years. Everyone rode his C track because the big track was no fun. Now his big track is fun and he has success. 10% of the riders are great, cater to the 90% and you will have great success.

Big track was fun in 2010-11 Ha! Come on, good times there. I liked it. Now we should rename it the mellow briarshroom.

I will say this, being early, it would be tough to have a real good track in terms of jumps. You can only move so much dirt before it gets super soft, then you got spongy rutty faces. Which as far as I'm concerned is more dangerous than flat landings. So to have a perfectly shaped track in February is a tough, at least for my place, and im sure other places.

First thanks for opening this past weekend. You have a great facility. I know you don't like forums. I just have to say you have you have one of the best opportunities to create a great mx complex. This is my opinion, and do with it what you want. Your jumps need some work. 90% of us don't feel like launching 3rd gear wide open to clear something. Honda Hills had no jumps to speak of and yet the current track owners think we want to launch 20 feet in the air. If you don't launch you flat land which is no fun. Your track is all table tops which is good if you clear them. Some are 80ft or more i saw 1 guy clear all of them and maybe 8 that cleared the big ones. I am a vet rider and ex A rider my son rides the c class like 85% of the people i saw riding. My point is make it fun for 50% of the riders put some humps in the middle of those table tops so they can clear the hump if they don't want to go for it. JO i think struggled with this in the first few years. Everyone rode his C track because the big track was no fun. Now his big track is fun and he has success. 10% of the riders are great, cater to the 90% and you will have great success.
First off thank you for visiting us! Message received Now let a couple things sink in for just a quick second. You are 100% correct I do not like posting on here but I do read just about everything that's put on this magnificent site. How many squad runs would you guess we had last year? Let me go ahead and inform you correctly.. ZERO. We just opened in February 2 outdoor tracks and an indoor MINI race at the same time. Between the races and outdoor practice there was over 600 entries so yes it was crazy. Saturday the tracks dried out like no one would ever thought. So now I have to get a water truck and pumps out of storage and prep bothe outdoor tracks and get ready for a race. There's a lot more but I'm at work so have a great day everyone! #alwayslistening

Catering to the C riders is the #1 reason Ohio sucks on a national level.
A jump is an obstacle. No matter its shape, size, location or condition it is the riders job to find the best way over the obstacle.
Now tabletops are not good enough... we need extra humps in the middle of tables to make it even easier? Come on...

Flat track or video games if someone does not like jumps.
I understand where your coming from CK but being just minutes away from a top notch facility that C riders are afraid of getting run over on the big track there it only makes since to cater to the novice/family riders. It's very nice to see a father/son or even mother/daughter spend the day riding their bikes or quads and just having fun. I know this is going to come as a shock to a lot of you PR elite but not everyone wants to go or even knows about lorretas that ride dirt bikes. Some just do it as a hobby

I actually loved the new C track Lonnie. It looked like a lot of folks were having fun up there. Great corner practice, great flow.

First off thank you for visiting us! Message received Now let a couple things sink in for just a quick second. You are 100% correct I do not like posting on here but I do read just about everything that's put on this magnificent site. How many squad runs would you guess we had last year? Let me go ahead and inform you correctly.. ZERO. We just opened in February 2 outdoor tracks and an indoor MINI race at the same time. Between the races and outdoor practice there was over 600 entries so yes it was crazy. Saturday the tracks dried out like no one would ever thought. So now I have to get a water truck and pumps out of storage and prep bothe outdoor tracks and get ready for a race. There's a lot more but I'm at work so have a great day everyone! #alwayslistening

You definitely had your work cut out for you Lonnie! I thought the track was pretty good in general, it was well above my riding abilities for February. Those table tops are jumpable even for a old slow quad rider, just not the first ride of the year. And those whoops, they were a real attention-getter with the square edges. We would love to get out there again this weekend if the weather would just cooperate!

This is 100% true. I get nervous when we have the freak weather, where it misses me, and hits Martinsburg, because I know an invasion is upon me! Its worst than a race sometimes.
When I first opened I would get pist if you opened for practice on same weekend as us. Now I get pist when you dont open because we get the "cliff crowd" coming at us hahaha

You definitely had your work cut out for you Lonnie! I thought the track was pretty good in general, it was well above my riding abilities for February. Those table tops are jumpable even for a old slow quad rider, just not the first ride of the year. And those whoops, they were a real attention-getter with the square edges. We would love to get out there again this weekend if the weather would just cooperate!
Woody was there anything we could have done better as far as running sessions? The track is what it is in February. Not a lot I would want to do this time of the year anyways. When we get lights up we will also have a good PA system instead of just the FM transmitter

Woody was there anything we could have done better as far as running sessions? The track is what it is in February. Not a lot I would want to do this time of the year anyways. When we get lights up we will also have a good PA system instead of just the FM transmitter

I thought the sessions were ran really well and the track seemed to hold up well for both 2 and 4 wheels. I never thought that we had to sit around and wait too long. it was just right.

Maybe having some way to signify what the order is and/or what's on track near the entrance of the track? I did notice there were some sort of "A-B' / "C" cards on the ground by the finishline but my old eyes didn't notice that until the end of the day.

I don't understand demanding how a track should be built.

I do understand that:

1. One should look ahead always
2. Hold their line, always (especially coming to an obstacle you aren't hitting)
3. The guy behind you hitting that obstacle probably knows how to hold his line
4. If you can't hold your line, then yes you need to be a in a field or on a flat track until you learn how to hold your line.

Faster riders should always err on the side of caution on practice days. Slower riders should do the same and hold their line. Give em hell on race days and do whatever you want to do.

Faster riders that are scrubbing, whipping and being all flashy-retarded (weaving all over the track, and passing slower riders within inches of them) on practice day need to be punched in the mouth. Do that on your race day when you're waxing the competition. Otherwise you just kill the sport and make it unsafe/not fun for the slower guys. Who then just go on a forum and demand the track be changed to be more fitting for 'everyone.'

To be more fitting for everyone, it would help if the riders (spode/slow/novice/amatuer and fast/smart/stupid/pro's alike) brushed up on some practice day track etiquette!!

Last edited:
Alright, Who removed my postings?
This is not the practice or race thread, it is in the general forum. I did not say anything bad about the precious track owners or promoters. Nor did I say anything bad about any one individual.
Censorship SUCKS.
Bobble heads
Sheepeople

Alright, Who removed my postings?
This is not the practice or race thread, it is in the general forum. I did not say anything bad about the precious track owners or promoters. Nor did I say anything bad about any one individual.
Censorship SUCKS.
Bobble heads
Sheepeople
Holy crap someone did remove it! I responded to it so please read that CK

I did read it and respect what you said.
No problem with anyone voicing their opinion in a public (or somewhat public forum). EVER

Yep, thanks for opening over the weekend Lonnie...track conditions were great! I was there on Sunday and you had quite the turnout...hope Saturday's turnout was just a good.

Back